Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sittin on the dyno

apriliaforum prov-nov RSTed1000's Avatar

Talking Sittin on the dyno

Well, I finally installed the power comander on the bike two weeks ago and noticed it running a little bit better. Yesterday I derestricted the airbox and noticed it running ALOT better. And this morning I took it to the shop where it's on the dyno as we speak and the numbers don't lie....the bike was running like $hit before!!! Once she was warmed up with a 5th gear roll on, top hp was 98.4 SAE. It was running rich in between 2500 and 4500 and lean past 6000rpm. Going once through all the ranges and creating the custom map it's up to 108.3hp now and running pretty smooth. That's when the electricity on the city block went out. He mechanic isn't going to fire up the dyno until he's sure they've got the power fixed so I'm just going to leave the bike with him overnight so he can tweak some of the dips in the map. I'll be sure to post before and after readings and let you guys know how it all turns out.
    They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest problem.

apriliaforum prov-nov Tiderman998's Avatar
    Please keep us posted.

Earl

01 Blue RST1000

map us........

RST ed 1000 , it would be nice to be able to see what the map looks like from your PCIII . That we could all pirate the thing and load it on ours just kidding !

Keep us up to date on your progress sounds like you got a good thing going !!

Skip
    Twinrider Once owned a -02 Haulin' Ash Black Futura........

RSTed1000
    I agree PCIII makes it ALOT better. Dynojet UK produced 112.93bhp out of mine and smoother at all speeds.

Thumbs up WHOOOAAOOO

Well, I got the bike back and MAN what a difference!!! Here's the link to the graphs which are pretty big so I didn't post them here. The color is kinda weak but you can see how much of a difference the custom map made.

http://community.webshots.com/album/94705865IuOvHV?468

The graphs are much easier to see if you click "view full size".
    They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest problem.

Do you have any other mods besides the remap?

02 Aprilia Futura
    03 650 Kawasaki Prairie

apriliaforum prov-nov
    RSTed I am impressed. Most work gets more power in the high revs but sacrifices down low. I usually don't see the point as I ride below 6K most of the time. I did pull the restrictor and updated to the 03 map but am mostly stock.

Your map was awesome. Do you have any other mods, like an exhaust or a h-pipe? If that is only from a new map and derestricted I am a new fan.

OK I just saw the pipes, in the other pictures. Where did you get them, what brand are they and did they come with the great plate attachment.
    Last edited by Robin-Ketcham; 01-23-2004 at 09:11 PM.
    Robin
    Mattapoisett, MA
    02 Blue Futura

Robin-Ketcham, the pipes are Staintunes and the plate attachment that you see in the picture is my own creation. I also have a K&N air filter installed. No other performance mods than that. I'm still running the stock mid pipe and catalytic since the bike isn't even a year old I want to keep my warranty good. The torque curve is still a little bit jumpy and not as high in the mid range as it can get and going to the straight H-pipe, according to the dyno rep, will enable him to smooth that out and round off the curve.

Originally posted by bilkodog
    RSTed1000
    I agree PCIII makes it ALOT better. Dynojet UK produced 112.93bhp out of mine and smoother at all speeds.
    Bilkodog,
    What did you do to your bike to get 113 hp?!

Robert

01' Flame Red RST: De-restricted, K&N air filter, 05 map, upgraded rectifier, metal QD, BEF semi-full system & plate relocator, BrakeTech Axis Cobra front rotors, shortened stock windscreen, Competition Werkes RC51 GP footpegs, Pirelli Angel ST's

2009 Apple Red K1300GT

FLUFdriver

De-restricted, K&N filter, Staintunes and PCIII. Dynojet UK carried out several runs on their Dyno to create different maps for download.

I have previously posted my graph, have a lookHERE.
    The PCIII map is available for download fromHERE.

If I'm reading your dyno charts correctly your air fuel ratio is 14:1 especially in the low r.p.m. Is'nt that too lean? I always thought 12:1 was suppose to be optimum

02 Aprilia Futura
    03 650 Kawasaki Prairie

The optimum is 13:1 as advised by Dynojet and shown by the dotted red line on the chart. These folks tune for near enough everybody including the BSB winning Monster Mob team so I have to trust their judgement/advice.

From the moment I jumped on the bike it felt so much smoother, at all speeds, and quicker. Obviously I would think that way but my wife made the same comments (from a pillion point of view).

apriliaforum expert
    Are you guy's doing these dyno runs with a gas analyser or just guessing at the rich/lean issue?

I have time scheduled on a dyno with an analyser. Clarkie will be at the controls. I have the Staintunes, H-pipe on order and will be de-restricting the airbox.

I'll post the resutls when we're done (end of Feb/beginning of March).

apriliaforum Member
    Hey xbmwrider, (I still have my r100r but don't ride it much, I suppose I'm an x also)
    I think you are talking about the new hampshire seacoast and sesacoast cycles in derry? (UK friends, we stole all your town names and used them over and over and over.)
    I also have the stains, derestricted and h pipe. Are you going to go with tuneboy? I am excited about having them do the same to my bike as you are having done to yours. I have to finish my winter work on it first, but then I'm hoping to have them toss it on their dyno before the riding season starts.
    Have they quoted a price? Per run? Per tune? Per hour?

good luck, keep us tuned in, so to speak
    neil in exeter nh

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE THIS BIKE?

apriliaforum Junkie

TUNES??

how does the pc111 compare with the 05 map?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast