Page 5 of 454 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Craigslist/eBay Bikes of note!

Quote Originally Posted by velocityjunky View Post
    Heres a piece of 1980s 2 smoke joy: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/942836340.html

Wow I like that one. Still has stock exhaust even. No other bike made a bigger impact on my life.

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

apriliaforum Member
    Micah wrote,
    "Or this gem of an Aprilia starter bike in San Antonio....the shop that owns it thinks it needs a engine job....I think it needs a new clutch diaphragm to stop the oil burning issues...who do you think is right?

Less than 3k will get you into it...

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/891388040.html"

Ok, I was in the area and stopped by and looked at this bike. Not so great, IMO...30k miles on it, looks like it's been ridden fairly hard. Didn't talk to the guys in the shop about price, but I'm not sure I would want to fool with it. Of course, I'm not all that much of a bike mechanic either...maybe you experts could take a crack at it.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

2003 RST 1000 Futura
    2004 Suzuki DR-Z400S
    2006 Harley Davidson FLHTP
    2003 Ford F250 SD turbo diesel
    2003 BMW 330i w/ sport package

They're Out There

There's more coming out of the woodwork. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/950502312.html

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Damn, that MC21 is beautiful, price is very high for an early vintage pre MC28 but still drop dead sexy. Had I lotto bucks it would be added to the collection, very nice find!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert velocityjunky's Avatar
    Rg 500 anyone? better bring some coin
    http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/957017139.html
    Motorcycles- No better way to turn money into smoke and noise

In San Antonio, this turbo Busa is actually really well done, basically set up as a fast street bike or 200mph ticket holder in land speed events. The price is more than reasonable for one this well sorted and set up.

Turbo Busas may not be your thing, but you have to ride one first, then tell me it was horribly lame afterwards.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this one, if it were posted this time a year ago I would already have bought it and done at least one Texas Mile event with it!

www.texasmile.com

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/963543962.html

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

You guys know I have a total soft spot for 1990's vintage Superbikes, this one popped recently in Phoenix, and since there is no way in hell I am driving that far right now I though somebody else might want it.

The owner has it advertised as a ZX-7R which is somewhat inaccurate, for 1994 that would have meant alloy tank, adjustable swingarm pivot, long 1st gear, close ratio box, 39mm Flatslides and a fe other goodies. What it really should be advertised as is a 1994 ZX-7. Still an awesome bike, representing a bygone era, CV carbs, non stick coils, no Controller Area Network or Ride by Wire stuff, gravity does about half of the fuel pumping, both headlights are on for high and low beams, no, they are not perfect and it has 26k miles....but, man would I love to rock it myself. This one seems very well taken care of for it's mileage.

If you test ride try like hell to make it pop out of 2nd gear, if it won't it is a good one. The valve trains make about as much top end noise as we are used to with our Rotax engines and the clutch makes some noise too.

I remember dreaming about owning one of these things for years as a much younger man, if it were the true "R" model at this price, I would be driving across Texas and New Mexico right now.

The price has been lowered about $100/week for nearly a month now, it will not get much lower.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/967036513.html

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum Junkie shovelheadwolf's Avatar
    My first street bike was a 78 Z1-R, so I have a soft spot for old Kwakkers... That ZX-7 is absolutely gorgeous... Wish I was just a tad closer.
    It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

That being said, it sure rocks to ride a fast bike fassssssst

http://www.facebook.com/events.php#/...8499840&ref=mf

This is cool

My buddy is selling this, He has had it for years, very trick indeed.

X1R
    Cecil
    Motomax

2000.5 Standard " FBF rear sets, Pyrmid DB,Evo race box, Leo Vinci race exhaust, Blackmans Stage 1 heads, Blackmans stage 1 cams, Evo 54mm Throttlebodies, Evo High Comp Pistons, Evo/Factory Pro high performance chip,Factory pro shift star, Ohlins forks,Ohlins shock,OZ wheels and bits of carbon "should have just bought a R model" would have been cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    You guys know I have a total soft spot for 1990's vintage Superbikes, this one popped recently in Phoenix, and since there is no way in hell I am driving that far right now I though somebody else might want it.

The owner has it advertised as a ZX-7R which is somewhat inaccurate, for 1994 that would have meant alloy tank, adjustable swingarm pivot, long 1st gear, close ratio box, 39mm Flatslides and a fe other goodies. What it really should be advertised as is a 1994 ZX-7. Still an awesome bike, representing a bygone era, CV carbs, non stick coils, no Controller Area Network or Ride by Wire stuff, gravity does about half of the fuel pumping, both headlights are on for high and low beams, no, they are not perfect and it has 26k miles....but, man would I love to rock it myself. This one seems very well taken care of for it's mileage.

If you test ride try like hell to make it pop out of 2nd gear, if it won't it is a good one. The valve trains make about as much top end noise as we are used to with our Rotax engines and the clutch makes some noise too.

I remember dreaming about owning one of these things for years as a much younger man, if it were the true "R" model at this price, I would be driving across Texas and New Mexico right now.

The price has been lowered about $100/week for nearly a month now, it will not get much lower.
    My 400's big bro
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...oo/684b_12.jpg
    Oli

Here is a nice 1994 in Oregon, it is not an "R" like the ad says, obvious from passenger seat and all, appears 100% stock.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...ZX-7R-93524306

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Hey Micah, Eric that owns EDR Performance here in Portland is a huge ZX-7RR fan, has a '96 he's been putting together for years. It's pretty sweet.
    He just got some factory stuff for it, interesting that the swingarm looks a lot like a Mille swingarm.
    http://www.sportbikes.ws/showthread.php?t=113415

I have been watching his progress on that EDR site for a long time. He has done a beautiful job on it.

I got a lead on a real "R" that is completely disassembled in the Dallas area...Axcents old bike. If all the street parts are still there I could be interested.

BTW, Axcent, what year was your old bike, 1996 if memory serves.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

I had this 92 for a few years. I bought it from a hillbilly sheriff in a small town in Kentucky for $3K. It was showing signs of neglect, but I could not pass it up. I restored the bike to perfect condition which was very difficult due to its rarity, and installed some Sudco 41mm flatslides. I sold it to buy my Aprilia. Wish I didn't have to but I needed an more versatile bike. The guy that bought it is from Canada and lives a few miles from Scott Russell's mechanic back in the day, so it is in very good hands. I have first option to buy it back if he were to sell it. It is basically a museum piece these days. I am just glad that I was able to own and enjoy this bike for a while, and restore it to its proper glory. I was very picky about who I sold it to, requiring a true enthusiast to inherit this piece of history.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chris
    What kind of bike is that?
    It's an Aprilia!!!
    Who makes them?
    .......... lets go of clutch lever.

Page 5 of 454 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast