Thread: Motorcycle DVR front/rear camera ?

Question Motorcycle DVR front/rear camera ?

The way things are on the roads these days I'm considering recording my journeys, not just from an accident point of view but also aggressive behavior from other road users.

I'm all for letting off a little steam, a few choice words or hand signals but it seems that's not enough in today's society. Things can take a turn for the worse in a matter of seconds, violence with weapons or some Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabe on steroids wants to use you as a punch bag just for filtering etc.

Anyway, I'm sure you've all seen stuff ont interweb and in the news so, what are your thoughts on or experience of motorcycle DVR's ?

I'm close to being able to ride again following my back surgery so was thinking about installing something on the bike before I go out..

Cheers

windy
    Budding Authors, check this out. A friends venture.

http://www.stickybooks.co.uk/index.html

I've none the police take footage after a stop to see if you have been speeding

Quote Originally Posted by windy View Post
    The way things are on the roads these days I'm considering recording my journeys, not just from an accident point of view but also aggressive behavior from other road users.

I'm all for letting off a little steam, a few choice words or hand signals but it seems that's not enough in today's society. Things can take a turn for the worse in a matter of seconds, violence with weapons or some Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabe on steroids wants to use you as a punch bag just for filtering etc.

Anyway, I'm sure you've all seen stuff ont interweb and in the news so, what are your thoughts on or experience of motorcycle DVR's ?

I'm close to being able to ride again following my back surgery so was thinking about installing something on the bike before I go out..

Cheers

windy
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    I've none the police take footage after a stop to see if you have been speeding
    These thoughts bring up the question of the intended use of the system.

1. Is it intended to be a deterrent of poor behavior on the part of others, ie. its presence possibly alters the actions of other drivers?
    2. Is it to provide a record in case something really bad does happen?
    3. Do you ride such that haga's concern is applicable?

If #1-2 is the goal, then perhaps an obviously present system would be the solution.
    If #3 is a concern, then a covertly mounted system would be a better idea.

Not to make it political, but our police have certain rules, search and seizure related that they are suppose to follow when collecting video evidence as haga mentioned.
    2002 RSV Mille
    1969 CB750

And a couple of cages for the monsoons Florida has.
    A truck to haul shit.

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsedog View Post
    These thoughts bring up the question of the intended use of the system.

1. Is it intended to be a deterrent of poor behavior on the part of others, ie. its presence possibly alters the actions of other drivers?
    2. Is it to provide a record in case something really bad does happen?
    3. Do you ride such that haga's concern is applicable?

If #1-2 is the goal, then perhaps an obviously present system would be the solution.
    If #3 is a concern, then a covertly mounted system would be a better idea.

Not to make it political, but our police have certain rules, search and seizure related that they are suppose to follow when collecting video evidence as haga mentioned.
    Predominantly 1 & 2.

3 is a concern but the way I ride, as well as the group I ride with, tend to stick to the limits in cities, towns and villages and just play on the open roads. No wheelies, just a hint of lift off can get you a fine or even a ban. Filtering is ok if you're sensible about it.

Cheers

windy

None of those concerns matter. If you aren't asking similar questions about dash cams in vehicles, why discriminate against motorcycles? Cops can't take footage without a warrant.

I've see a few systems that record both front and back simultaneously, but within the same unit. Doesn't seem to work well in the m/c. I'd want it to have 2 cameras tied to one DVR (or 2 separate cameras)

I started a similar thread last year, had some good conversations about it.

I use a camera on right side my helmet every time I ride

https://usa.ioncamera.com/air-pro-3/

not sure if this is what you are looking for but it works well for me. Night video is pretty good. I have had people follow me home saying I cut them off, I did not..I showed them camera, they apologized and left
    I picked a couple used ones up on ebay,
    Once you have ruined your reputation, you can live quite freely

After being cut off, flipped off and brake checked, followed by swerving at me as I tried to pass today makes me interested in this topic. I wasn't doing anything wrong, these people were just assholes doing it to multiple vehicles (excessive tailgating and swerving from lane to lane) because 10mph over the speed limit was too slow for them.
    Chris
    What kind of bike is that?
    It's an Aprilia!!!
    Who makes them?
    .......... lets go of clutch lever.

I'm looking at the innovv k2 hard wired system..

Available to pre-order, free delivery, inc 64gb card.

https://innovv.co.uk/products/k2/

That looks like a perfect solution. In my thread last year the K1 was recommended, and it looked great - the K2 seems to be a great upgrade.
    Last edited by drift; 07-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.

good looking system. I'd like the ability to disable gps/speed recording though...
    Rolf

IBA# 10456

apriliaforum expert
    I love my Nuviz. Does so many things at once.

Just saw a new system. Looks good but haven't seen it in person. Records in h264 AVI, so that's a plus

https://motoprocam.com/products/moto...-camera-system

Its amazing how a camera can change someones driving behaviour when they think they're being filmed. I was cruising in my car along our main freeway last week when a B double semi came up behind me. I was in the slow lane and there was some traffic around us, just no one in front of me. I'm watching in the mirror and he is about a metre off my rear at about 100kph. So fuck him, I brake check him, which was enough to give him the shits. He hits the headlights and he is back, a metre away again. Instantly I pull out my phone and hold it behind me pointing towards the rear window with the camera pointing towards him. Count to 3 and he has dropped back 5 metres. As he overtakes me, I am holding the phone at my drivers window so he can see it. Fuck him or her.