Thread: Meta M357 Alarm.....Please Help!!

apriliaforum prov-nov

Meta M357 Alarm.....Please Help!!

Hi guys,

Im at the end of my tether today, Im just about ready to set fire to the bike.

I believe it has a Meta M357 alarm installed, it was installed on 03 and has a black, round fob with a rubber key to operate the alarm.
    I never got the instructions with the bike.
    Normally you press the button, it beeps once, and you start the bike. After shutting the bike off, it beeps once again automatically, and thats it. I believe this immobilises it.

However, now it doesnt beep at all, and the bike starts without having to do anything to the alarm at all!
    After riding it, you press the button fob, and it beeps 4 times, then if you move the bike, the alarm goes off. When you press the fob to deactivate the alarm, it beeps twice, then thats it, doesnt do anything again even when you press the fob.

Im really worried as obviously my bike is unprotected now, and Im also already pissed off after flushing the coolant today went very wrong!

Please help

BENDY.

Quote Originally Posted by bendy_rsv1000 View Post
    Hi guys,

Im at the end of my tether today, Im just about ready to set fire to the bike.

I believe it has a Meta M357 alarm installed, it was installed on 03 and has a black, round fob with a rubber key to operate the alarm.
    I never got the instructions with the bike.
    Normally you press the button, it beeps once, and you start the bike. After shutting the bike off, it beeps once again automatically, and thats it. I believe this immobilises it.

However, now it doesnt beep at all, and the bike starts without having to do anything to the alarm at all!
    After riding it, you press the button fob, and it beeps 4 times, then if you move the bike, the alarm goes off. When you press the fob to deactivate the alarm, it beeps twice, then thats it, doesnt do anything again even when you press the fob.

Im really worried as obviously my bike is unprotected now, and Im also already pissed off after flushing the coolant today went very wrong!

Please help

BENDY.
    try having a look at this, see if it helps mate...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...70&postcount=3

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for that mate, but thats the V2 version, are they pretty much the same?
    And no I dont have the plastic card or the code, so if it isnt working, its going to have to be ripped out. Typical, nothing is ever simple on these f*cking bikes. Oil is complicated, rear brakes dont work, clocks reset, alarm playing up. Only got it in May! Grrr

bendy, go grab a beer, watch some football, and breath 10 times in and out really really slowly, then go kick your bike in the tire... repeat until satisfied..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Right, having read those instructions, I can only conclude that it was in sleep mode. So, I just went and turned the ignition on, then pressed the fob....nothing.
    It now starts straight away when you put the key in, the alarm doesnt deactivate when you've turned it off, and when you do press the fob, it bleeps 2 times instead of once.
    Confused.
    Anyone want to buy an 03 RSV Mille? Just serviced (yesterday), 11k miles, great condition, dodgy Meta alarm?
    Seriously, Im going to Taz motorcycles tomorrow. Im going to see what they have got and see how much I can get p/x for mine.
    One thing I do know, theyre selling brand spanker 58 plate RSV-R's for 6800, with free Arrow titaniums. Mmm....

if i was you, i would rip that alarm out... ive had bikes with that crap on them... i would rip it off..

if you can afford it... go buy a new one.. saves your blood pressure..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Someone suggested I actually take it out when I first got the bike, said they cause trouble.
    My problem is Im only 23, and having an alarm is probably saving me alot on my insurance premium.
    I guess, as with other things about the Aprilia I have learnt in my short ownership period, Im going to have to *hope* it sorts itself out and will be ok. Weird bikes.

Bedale, North Yorkshire / Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Can't you get some instructions from the makers of the alarm ?
    Steve

When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
    Winston Churchill.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Ive been given a link to the Meta alarm user instructions, I have followed them, but the alarm still doesnt work properly, hence why I think its faulty.
    Styx, are you from RAF Leeming by any chance, and work on Tonkas?

Taz motorcycles was were my bike was originally from...

so that means renegade are damn close to you too Bendy?

take it to Taz and get it ripped out and get a new one fitted, save you sanity!

ive got a Datatool System 3 and i cant say a bad word about it... It just works!

ps.take it easy mate!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Taz is about 20 minutes away from me.
    Its where my bike originally came from, and where it had a full service history right up to this week. Ive serviced it myself now, but I got all the parts from Taz and kept the receipt in the service book, so its just as good IMO, if not better as Im an aircraft engineer by trade.
    Yeah I had a Datatool fitted to my previous bikes, and it was much better it seems, it just worked!
    I dont know if Renegade is near me, but BSD's is also very close which is pretty handy!

bendy have sent ya pm with regards our other thread chat

Have added details to top guy in fazeley, tamworth
    well worth the trip for anything you need sorting

Not a fan of taz myself,

Bsd are a great bunch, they mapped my bike earlier this year
    Jt engineering in appleby magna are also good to deal with (look after the map embasy triumphs)
    04 Tuono Fighter
    Renegade 2-2 system
    Renegade Air Kit
    PC III Custom Mapped
    Gabro V5 chip
    16/44
    Full lenght Belly Pan
    + other bits & pieces done

Bedale, North Yorkshire / Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Styx, are you from RAF Leeming by any chance, and work on Tonkas?
    There are no F3's at Leeming any more; 25(F) Squadron disbanded a few months ago. I was at Leeming on 25 until I left the Air Force in 2006.
    Steve

When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
    Winston Churchill.

apriliaforum prov-nov Oxford_Rider's Avatar
    I've said before on other similar threads IMO Italian electrics and alarms just don't mix. As an ex owner of an Alfa Romeo I know from bitter experience that mucking about with electrics on anything Italian is a recipe for disaster. I don't know if its a supplier problem or that they wire their machines like they serve their spaghetti but my advice is to get the alarm removed professionally and buy a good quality chain.

Again IMO alarms just bugger up your battery and are a minimal deterrent to a thief. - for info the guy who removed my Datatool alarm disabled my alarm in around 10 seconds!
    "So long and thanks for all the fish..........."

apriliaforum newb
    Just a bit of info referance insurance. I asked the guy about cat 3 alarms when i was insuring and he said it would make about 10 a year difference.....
    Rip it out. Get a chain.