Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricks Motorsports Stator Version 2 - Thicker next step wires

Good Time Charlie is back in business! Added another 150 miles since I got it back last week.

(Bike was in the shop for sprag clutch warranty work )
    2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2014 Harley Road King Classic
    2012 Honda VFR1200F
    2010 RSV4 Factory (France's ex) on Misano MotoXP Ricambi race bodywork - Drop dead gorgeous!
    SOLD to Brian - 2004 RSV1060R Red & Silver, Ohlins 30mm Cartridge, Ohlins rear w/ Forged Wheels. Amauri built & maintained.

Mileage Update - Over 2k Miles and No issues to report.

Idle voltage is around 14 and at speed is aproximately 14.3 Volts.

2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2012 Honda VFR1200F
    2010 RSV4 Factory (France's ex) on Misano MotoXP Ricambi race bodywork - Drop dead gorgeous!
    SOLD to Brian - 2004 RSV1060R Red & Silver, Ohlins 30mm Cartridge, Ohlins rear w/ Forged Wheels. Amauri built & maintained.

hay reuben's

thought i'd up date you on my stator travels since i have the same up dated unit from rick's on my bike. I've put on about 7000km (4500mi) on the bike since it was installed most of that was in a two week frame so it had a real work out from the start... and are happy to report that it's ticking over nicely without any probs at all i've even stopped checking the volts on the bike...

marsie

Quote Originally Posted by marsie View Post
    hay reuben's

thought i'd up date you on my stator travels since i have the same up dated unit from rick's on my bike. I've put on about 7000km (4500mi) on the bike since it was installed most of that was in a two week frame so it had a real work out from the start... and are happy to report that it's ticking over nicely without any probs at all i've even stopped checking the volts on the bike...

marsie
    Thanks for the Mileage Update M8! Please keep us posted on your progress as it seems that you have the most miles out of all of us.

FYI - Version 1 failed at about 4500 miles for me and I'm hoping that V2 is up to the challenge.

2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2012 Honda VFR1200F

apriliaforum Member chris vosberg's Avatar

Stator overheat

Is it possible the stator overheat problem is linked to the lousy connectors they manufactured the bikes with? So much current draw that the alternator is trying to keep up with demand? I know it is amperage that blows breakers and amperage that burns wiring....?
    Attitude - It takes 43 muscles to
    frown and 17 to smile, but only
    three for proper trigger squeeze!

wrapped in Delta connections or 2 wires per pole. can some one explain?
    bartho

Quote Originally Posted by bartho View Post
    Think of it as........ example - 15 Poles in a circle and you have 6 different strands of wire.

Wire Strand 1 will start with pole 1 and wraps to pole 2 then 3 and so on. Wire Strand 2 will start on pole 2 and wraps to 3 and 4 and so on. Strand 3 starts on pole #3 and wraps next to 4 then 5 and so on. Strand 4 follows the next sequence and so does strand 5 and 6.

Now that you have wrapped all your strands of wire into all the poles, Combine the 1 and 2 wires, 3 and 4, 5 and 6.

Now you're left with the 3 wires.............thats the 3 wires that will be connected to the rectifier.

I've never taken the wires apart, but it seems logical thats how it would look if dismantled.

2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2012 Honda VFR1200F

Quote Originally Posted by bartho View Post

And BTW - I believe most bikes Stator have the Single Wire Per Pole design.

(Based on the Honda Hawk 650 Stator that I purchased by trial and error some time ago)
    2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2012 Honda VFR1200F

Quote Originally Posted by Reubens32 View Post
    Think of it as........ example - 15 Poles in a circle and you have 6 different strands of wire................Now that you have wrapped all your strands of wire into all the poles, Combine the 1 and 2 wires, 3 and 4, 5 and 6....................Now you're left with the 3 wires.............thats the 3 wires that will be connected to the rectifier.....
    It's actually simpler that that. There are just three wires joined together at one end. The other end of each are the output wires:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum expert
    I had a whole semester of power systems....trust me.....you don't want to get into it. But, multiphase power systems are either a Y or Delta configuration. The power company makes 3 phase systems...each one is 120 degrees out of phase from the next one. Multi phase power systems lets you take advantage of making power that can be summed to get higher voltages. Thanks the great Tesla for coming up with the whole thing....which really pissed of the hack Edison when he finally gave up on DC power lines.

Not as much as Marsie - 2600 Total Miles for me with no issues to report. ALL is good!

2017 Husky FC350
    2016 Yamaha R1-M
    2012 Honda VFR1200F

Awsome!!!!! Thanks for the update!!

Keep em comming! This might turn out to be a good news story after all!
    WERA Novice #425(before I deployed, now I'm a bench warmer)

God and the Soldier, we adore,
    In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted.
    ~Rudyard Kipling

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom

hay reubens i see your 2600 and i'll raise you 6200
    i just got back on the weekend from a 4 day bike trip from the snowy mountian's in victoria's high country...

apriliaforum prov-nov RSVsniper's Avatar
    Nice Marsie! I also have a Ricks stator now since the stock one gave out... I've got about 3700miles on it since, Not quite riding weather here in Minnesota, but I can't wait to take her out for a spin soon!

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast