Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricks Motorsports Stator Version 2 - Thicker next step wires

stator

After tree years off problems it was the only radical solution(for me).
    Bike 01/2004.
    My stator had the same indication. The voltage go down very slowly. When new 14,5 V on the dashboard (what was very high) Than after 1000 Km it was already 14,0 V. When I was riding in very hot weather(30 celcius) he was suffering and the voltage went dawn to.
    bartho

1 year later - 8200 total miles and NO ISSUES to report. (V2 Stator was installed Aug. 30th 2008)

I am on my own and no more warranty. It did what its supposed to and definitely lasted longer than VERSION 1.

WOULD I BUY from RICKS AGAIN? 2 Thumbs UP and BIG YES!

CHEERS and Here's to more miles!

2017 Husky FC350
    2014 Harley Road King Classic
    2010 RSV4 Factory (France's ex) Full Akra and Race ECU
    FOR SALE - 2004 RSV1060R Red & Silver, Ohlins 30mm Cartridge, Ohlins rear w/ Forged Wheels. Amauri built & maintained.

Mileage Update

9100 Total Miles - Still going and no issues to report.

2017 Husky FC350
    FOR SALE - 2004 RSV1060R Red & Silver, Ohlins 30mm Cartridge, Ohlins rear w/ Forged Wheels. Amauri built & maintained.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hey RB32...Just wanted to thank you for all the help on this post. I need to order a stator from Rick as well. Quick question. I removed the stator cover and had a question about the gasket. Do i need to buy the replacement paper gasket for the stator cover from Aprilia? Or can i use some RVT high temp gasket maker? OR Do i need to use both? I dont mind buying the gaket from Aprilia, but someone had said i should use some RVT gasket maker or i might get some oil leaks! How did you seal your cover back up?

Thanks in advance!

apriliaforum Member
    some bad news about my Rick's Stator. it failed a couple of weeks ago. i have replaced it (they were great about a cross ship) and things are at least seemingly back to normal. i am awaiting a failure analysis from Rick. here are some pics of the failure:

http://www.phpwebservices.com/fritz/...avId=xa302efa4

this was after approximately 4000 miles since the new one was put in at the beginning of April.
    Helmut Fritz

you into PC gaming?
    http://www.rlgaming.com/phpBB/

'07 RSV1000R

apriliaforum Junkie
    I have a 2008 RSVR with almost 9K miles on it. How often do these Stators go out? Any real warning signs?

Quote Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
    bartho;
    the wire is 1.06mm or 0.040" without insulation
    thats off my 3rd burned one 4th needs to be replaced now!
    haven't got the series regulator yet....

Noel-theknurl

apriliaforum prov-nov
    hey hfritz,

Can you confirm if that stator is the new V2 or the first gen stator that rick made? Just curious, I need to buy one also, and want to make sure they will last. I know Rub32 has had success so far with his V2.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by noskills View Post
    Hey RB32...Just wanted to thank you for all the help on this post. I need to order a stator from Rick as well. Quick question. I removed the stator cover and had a question about the gasket. Do i need to buy the replacement paper gasket for the stator cover from Aprilia? Or can i use some RVT high temp gasket maker? OR Do i need to use both? I dont mind buying the gaket from Aprilia, but someone had said i should use some RVT gasket maker or i might get some oil leaks! How did you seal your cover back up?

Thanks in advance!
    I would use both. It might be a tad excessive, but mine doesn't leak around that area.
    2017 Husky FC350

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks R32!

apriliaforum Member
    it was a V2.
    Helmut Fritz

you into PC gaming?

'07 RSV1000R

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Hfritz...thats a bit of a bummer. I guess what we need to find out is why Reb32 has lasted twice as long as yours. Climate? Hmm, cant be...Reb32 is in Cali and so are you. Type of riding? Hfritz, do you do a lot of city riding? Lots of stop and go traffic? I think heat usually kills these things, so I figure maybe that had something to do with your failure. Thanks for the info Hfritz.

apriliaforum Member
    i almost only commute on my bike. about 2/3 is highway and the rest surface streets, it was extremely hot the week it failed, but i few degrees ambient temperature should not make it burn through the wires like that. it will be interesting if Rick has anything to add about the failure mechanism. i do still need to check out my R/R as well to ensure it is o.k.
    Helmut Fritz

you into PC gaming?

'07 RSV1000R

I think these things are straight from China...I believe Rick's motorsports just middles the stators...I doubt they make them in house. I just got one for my Triumph Daytona 675 and I'm pretty confident it's Chinese made.
    "Tuono doesn't want to gently take your hand and guide you on a trip, it wants to rip it off and run away with it! I always get the feeling that to ride a Tuono you have to be a real man, prepared to fight it every step of the way, where as on the Triumph you can have an off day and not be left feeling inadequate"
    "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"

JOIN ME ONAND FOR SOCAL APRILIA GROUP RIDES & UPDATES FOLLOW ME ON

apriliaforum Member
    i am not so sure about that. they had none in stock when i contacted them about my failure and they said would have to build one, so i asked if they could put a 4 ft tail on mine so i have only one connection between the stator and the R/R. they did it, no problem. built and shipped in two days.
    Helmut Fritz

you into PC gaming?

'07 RSV1000R

Maybe they build some and maybe they buy some...I dunno. Mine didn't come with the proper rubber boot on it...it was way too small for the opening on the stator cover...don't know why they would do that.
    "Tuono doesn't want to gently take your hand and guide you on a trip, it wants to rip it off and run away with it! I always get the feeling that to ride a Tuono you have to be a real man, prepared to fight it every step of the way, where as on the Triumph you can have an off day and not be left feeling inadequate"
    "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"

JOIN ME ONAND FOR SOCAL APRILIA GROUP RIDES & UPDATES FOLLOW ME ON

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast