Thread: Ricks Motorsports Stator Version 2 - Thicker next step wires

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ricks Motorsports Stator Version 2 - Thicker next step wires

Hello all,

A lot of you will know what happened to me at Laguna this year and I questioned RicksMotorsportsElectrics what they intend to do as a long term solution for the stator failure after 4500 miles.

This is their firm response - Take a look at the photo below as this is the stator that I received in the mail. pst pst - Did I say free of charge?

Evidently they have made some manufacturing changes and are now using heavier gauge wire with less turns. It is still wrapped in Delta connections or 2 wires per pole. All Stators for our bikes will built in this configuration as a result of my failure in Laguna Seca.

The Version2 Stator is now installed and the bike is running at a very slightly lower voltage across the rpm board - by .1 to .2 ( 14.1 as opposed to 14.3 at upper rpms) I believe this is to be expected due less turns but should last longer and more effective.

So, here I go again and I'll keep updating the thread as I send my status report to http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/.

ALSO - Thanks to Ricks Electrics for letting me be the 1st to try this and allowing me to be the "Test Bunny". Of course in return, I have to send a status update of how the stator is holding up on a regular basis. A small price to pay for the benefit of a lot of folks.

Here's a side by side comparison of the Original vs Version 2

Version 2

Original version that I installed at Laguna Seca MotoGp. It has approximately 2k miles. Yeah...I ride.

Another Version 2
    Last edited by Reubens32; 10-18-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I made a mistake
    2017 Husky FC350
    2014 Harley Road King Classic
    2012 Honda VFR1200F
    2010 RSV4 Factory (France's ex) Full Akra and Race ECU
    SOLD to Brian - 2004 RSV1060R Red & Silver, Ohlins 30mm Cartridge, Ohlins rear w/ Forged Wheels. Amauri built & maintained.