Thread: Side Stand

Side Stand

Got the new side stand and bolts, forgot to order a nut but looks like there was one already in place on the bike. I am trying to confirm which bolts go where and what the torque specs are so I don't break or strip one. I got the curved washers, which I believe are for the two bolts holding the side stand. I ordered a bunch of bolts, washers, and bits for rear passenger pegs too. So trying to sort it out now.

Well it's on. I decided to reuse the long bolt and but but put a new washer on since I had one. The shorter bolt and washer for it are both new. I finally found some torque specifications and went to 29.5 ft/lbs for both bolts. I took it off the pitbull stand for the first time since I have owned it. Honestly made me nervous with how much it seems to lean over. I ended up getting it back up on the pitbull stand for now.

Is it normal for these to lean pretty hard? Maybe I just got so use to the stand after so long.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sexy Beast Tri-Color
    2008 Aprilia RSV 1000R - Sold

apriliaforum prov-nov
    From what i have read on here some blokes are going to the 07 Honda side stand as our Aprilias seem to lean to much and have the habit of tipping over, I know i,ll be putting the honda stand on mine before it goes on the road for summer as i have had trouble with it almost tipping over, Got to be very careful where you park it, any slight hill and over it goes.
    Get out and enjoy the riding while you still can.

I thought about the cbr but I think you need a different mount and it was just easier to get an oem setup. I'll try to take a photo later when I take it off the stand again, it holds it up it just makes me nervous. Maybe I will stick a piece of 2x6 under it to raise it up some.

Quote Originally Posted by 06RSV1000R View Post
    From what i have read on here some blokes are going to the 07 Honda side stand as our Aprilias seem to lean to much and have the habit of tipping over, I know i,ll be putting the honda stand on mine before it goes on the road for summer as i have had trouble with it almost tipping over, Got to be very careful where you park it, any slight hill and over it goes.
    The US side stands are different from what you get as EOM and so the Seppo's don't have to swap out their stands for the CBR units.

I'm in the USA, not sure what version this is but I got it from AF1 so I'm guessing the USA version.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Hank, i,m in New Zealand and the side stand on mine is a problem, had to face the ape into the wind at macca,s oneday as it almost got blown over, another place i had to put my gloves under the stand as to lift it more as it was a touch away from falling over, place was on a slight hill. G.Rossman i think i read on here the complete side stand from the CBR bolts straight on.
    Get out and enjoy the riding while you still can.