Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How to replace your sprag clutch.

Left flanking,bags of smoke, on auto lobbin' 'nades
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGlen View Post
    How was your experience breaking the flywheel loose? What did you use as a heat source?
    Pretty easy to be honest. I used a 10 2000W heat gun, it took about 3-4 minutes to build up enough heat in the flywheel hub. There was no great effort required, with enough heat the flywheel puller shouldn't have too work hard.
    Today when people talk of "living through hell", it usually means that their appeal against unfair dismissal has been delayed, or the builders next door have been very noisy for several weeks. For the millions of soldiers in the trenches of the First World War, their experiences of Hell on Earth were beyond anything those of us born into Britain's most blessed generation can possibly imagine.

apriliaforum newb
    on the af1 website, they have a couple pictures referring to the orientation of the sprag clutch for the ktm sprag alternative (see link below). The pictures don't really help since they don't specify which is which. the sprag housing orientation is the same but one picture shows the snap ring facing up and the other does not. Please show me the light.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...dproduct=80649

apriliaforum Junkie ResetTheConsole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caprisun View Post
    on the af1 website, they have a couple pictures referring to the orientation of the sprag clutch for the ktm sprag alternative (see link below). The pictures don't really help since they don't specify which is which. the sprag housing orientation is the same but one picture shows the snap ring facing up and the other does not. Please show me the light.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...dproduct=80649
    Do you have the parts removed?

Easiest way, just put the old pieces together on the work bench, and see which way the sprag free wheels and which way it locks. Make sure the KTM part is put in so that it works identically.

I have the KTM part in mine, it's lasted a treat.
    Last edited by ResetTheConsole; 03-06-2017 at 04:08 PM.

apriliaforum newb

Sprag

Got mine stripped waiting for new parts, found this guide extremely useful so many thanks for that. Mine looked almost identical in wear to odie-trackies post, but I only got the flywheel touch hot before it worked loose, makes me think it was off before for some reason and they didn't use 648 when they put it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by imdrax View Post
    Im curious if most of you simply replaced the sprag itself and opted not to replace the housing and gear?
    Bump for same question. I just replaced all 3 only a year ago and the sprag is out again. I don't want to go cheap but don't want to flush more $$ down then needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CHAPlain; 05-01-2017 at 03:39 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPlain View Post
    Bump for good question. I just replaced all 3 only a year ago and the sprag is out again. I don't want to go cheap but don't want to flush more $$ down then needed.

With original parts?

Quote Originally Posted by golightly View Post
    With original parts?
    KTM sprag, Ape OEM gear & housing.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920