Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Shiver Useage FAQ!

apriliaforum newb
    Clutch micro-switch on the clutch lever siezed on my bike, making the Gear Indicator display only a dash -

Initial diagnosis by the dealer was to swap out the gear indicator sensor on the engine, but having discounted this, they went for the clutch micro switch.

Good dealer here in Northants. Not an official Aprilia dealer but with all the right contacts & excellent service. Cooperb Motorcycles in Bozeat Northants

apriliaforum newb

Warning Stickers

Hey guys got my bike last year, new to this site. I wanted to know how everyone else was able to get the three warning stickers off their bike (especially the gas tank) and the exhaust covers. I tried to peel them off but they only came off in small peices.

Quote Originally Posted by tr_aprilia View Post
    Hey guys got my bike last year, new to this site. I wanted to know how everyone else was able to get the three warning stickers off their bike (especially the gas tank) and the exhaust covers. I tried to peel them off but they only came off in small peices.
    I haven't taken my Shiver home yet, so I don't know for sure, but what I generally use is WD40. Spray a little on and use a plastic putty knife and gentle remove the sticker.

heat will be your friend. I heated mine with a hair dryer and sprayed with WD40 and just picked it off in tiny pieces.

Well here goes... I just bought a 08 shiver that is a cat C. Mostly cosmetic, but one of the larger items i need to replace is the dash. Main question is does it have an immobiliser? as this will mean the replacement dash will need to be matched to my key. Alternative is to take the gubbinns out of my old dash and build it into the new one i could than keep the mileage reading correct. Any ideas?
    I just sold my TRX 850 after 6 happy years.
    Dave

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by silver1956 View Post
    Well here goes... I just bought a 08 shiver that is a cat C. Mostly cosmetic, but one of the larger items i need to replace is the dash. Main question is does it have an immobiliser? as this will mean the replacement dash will need to be matched to my key. Alternative is to take the gubbinns out of my old dash and build it into the new one i could than keep the mileage reading correct. Any ideas?
    I just sold my TRX 850 after 6 happy years.
    Dave
    Yes the imobilizer is in the dash, so you will need to match your keys to the new dash - its a relativly simple process, you can also add new keys if needed

As for the milage i am not sure if thats in the dash or the ECU..?

apriliaforum newb
    Hi.

Im a new owner of Aprilia Shiver by 2008 and after reading this article of diagnosis menu i went in it and ofcourse to update section too. After entering to update i couldnt get out of it, so i turned the key of and on again. Now service liht is on and i cant get rid of it. Please help.

Thx, Bertone

I believe that once you trigger the light only an approved Aprilia dealer with the software can turn it off. I still have my light on (3 months now) because I havn't made it to the dealer. Someone else may chime in and correct me but thats what I've gathered so far.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertone View Post
    Hi.

Im a new owner of Aprilia Shiver by 2008 and after reading this article of diagnosis menu i went in it and ofcourse to update section too. After entering to update i couldnt get out of it, so i turned the key of and on again. Now service liht is on and i cant get rid of it. Please help.

Thx, Bertone
    This is from the Workshop Manual, maybe it can help you.

SL 750 SHIVER Electrical system

Dashboard
    In case the EFI warning light turns on and the words SERVICE or URGENT SERVICE are shown on
    the display, due to an error detected in the injection ECU, the malfunction indication will be deactivated
    only after the vehicle has been used for a pre-set number of minutes of operation. However, even though
    the malfunction is no longer present and the control unit considers the error no longer current but memorised
    (MEM error indication on Axone), the instrument panel may keep showing there is an error
    present.
    Diagnosis
    An access code is required to enter this menu which controls the diagnosis function:
    ENTER SERVICE CODE
    This is a 5-digit code, fixed for each vehicle. For these vehicles, the code is:
    If the code is incorrect, the following message is displayed:
    INCORRECT CODE
    and the instrument panel goes back to the main menu. Otherwise, the following menu is displayed:
    EXIT
    ECU DIAGNOSIS
    INSTRUMENT PANEL ERRORS
    ERROR CLEARING
    VEHICLE SERVICING RESET
    UPDATE
    CHANGE KEYS
    KM / MILES

apriliaforum newb
    Tank you all.
    Problem is solved, i left it running for 15 minutes and the light came off by itself.

Thx. again.

Bertone

apriliaforum newb
    Hello.
    My question about Shiver spare key programming.

What user code I should use for programming spare key?
    At this moment have one key only (got a bike from a person, who lost spare key).
    I have blank key with transponder and want to make one additional key. But when entering service code (12398) and go to step "Change key", I must enter user code.
    But I don't know what is this.
    Can anyone help and explain where I can find this code?

user code

The user code is often set by the dealer when the bike is first sold and they usually use the last 5 digits of either the chassis number or engine number, however this could be changed by the previous owner. I would try either of these first and if that doesn't work take it to a dealer and they may should be able to retrieve the current code from the computer.

apriliaforum newb
    Hy!
    I am a proud new owner of shiver. It's great bike, I only have one problem; How can I switch to MODE which shows me time and temperature on the top. Now I have lap timer and it bugs me that I can't see what's the time when I ride.
    Thank you for your help,
    Eva

Over on the left grip there is the mode control. Just flip that over to the right until the temp comes up. It reacts a bit slow just to let you know.
    94 RVF400, 11 RSV4F, Scarabeo 200... Aprilia,,, Good Technology

apriliaforum newb
    I have just joined the forum although I have read quite a bit of it. It has been a tremendous help. I have seen the advise to have the valves checked, well I am not that confident in the folks I bought the bike from. They over filled with oil at my first service and I had oil seeping from different locations so I dont really want to have them dismantling the engine if it isnt necessary. I was wondering if there is any audible indication that the valves are seating wrong. I have got a very rythmic ticking sound from the front cylinder head, about once a second. It runs fine though have had since March 2009, about 4,000 miles/yr.

Also, I have read quite a few people mentioning weeping around the brake and cluch fluid reserviors, well I had that too. I had new gaskets put on but still weeping. But I realized something, it only happend for a couple days after I washed the bike. So I have started covering the reserviors to keep water away from the gaskets and I no longer have weeping. Just thought that might help if anyone is still having this problem.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast