Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Shiver Useage FAQ!

solid knowledge and advice Makka. As always, its appreciated!
    exly

2008 Aprilia SL 750 Shiver (Silver)

exly's wish list: Evotech bar ends (gold) (DONE), Rhinomoto fork and swingarm crash protectors (DONE), R&G frame sliders (DONE), OEM Tank Protector (DONE), Mike's Grille Radiator Protector (Black), Supersprox 46T sprocket, Akrapovich or Leo exhaust?, K&N air filter, Aprilia Shiver panniers, Aprilia carbon fiber parts (?), second mortgage on home to pay for it all....

Diagnosis functions. Includes changing units between kmh and mph, and changing languages amongst other functions.

In the menu select the 'Diagnostics' option.
    An access code is required to enter this menu which controls the diagnosis function:
    ENTER SERVICE CODE
    This is a 5-digit code, fixed for each vehicle. For these vehicles, the code is:
    If the code is incorrect, the following message is displayed:
    INCORRECT CODE
    and the instrument panel goes back to the main menu. Otherwise, the following menu is displayed:
    EXIT
    ECU DIAGNOSIS
    INSTRUMENT PANEL ERRORS
    ERROR CLEARING
    VEHICLE SERVICING RESET
    UPDATE
    CHANGE KEYS
    KM / MILES

ECU DIAGNOSIS
    In this mode a chart is displayed showing potential errors in the control unit.
    IT IS NECESSARY REFER TO THE ERROR INDICATIONS GIVEN BY AXONE FOR THIS VEHICLE.

The instrument panel does not keep all previous errors stored in its memory.

INSTRUMENT PANEL ERRORS
    In this mode, a chart is displayed showing potential errors in the immobilizer and the sensors connected to it.

Instrument panel errors
    In this mode, a chart is displayed showing potential errors in the immobilizer and the sensors connected to it.
    DSB 01 - Immobilizer failure: key code read but not recognised.
    DSB 02 - Immobilizer failure: key code not read (key not present or transponder not working)
    DSB 03 - Immobilizer failure: aerial not working (open or short-circuited)
    DSB 04 - Internal controller failure
    DSB 05 - -
    DSB 06 - Ambient air temperature sensor
    Error cause
    An oil sensor failure is signalled when it is detected that the sensor circuit is open or shorted to positive.
    DSB 07 - Oil pressure sensor
    Error cause
    An oil sensor failure is signalled when, with engine off, it is detected that the sensor circuit is open.
    Troubleshooting
    The test is performed only once when the key is set to ON. This error is signalled by the bulb icon, and the general warning light turns on as well.
    DSB 08 - Oil pressure sensor
    Error cause
    An oil sensor failure is signalled when, with engine running, it is detected that the sensor circuit is closed. There is an error when the general warning light turns on.
    Troubleshooting
    This error is signalled by the bulb icon, and the general warning light turns on as well.

The instrument panel must keep all previous errors stored in its memory.

ERROR CLEARING
    This option deletes all instrument panel errors; a further confirmation is requested. Use Axone to reset ECU errors.

VEHICLE SERVICING RESET
    This function is used to reset vehicle servicing. Using this function, the odometer can be reset only once within the first 200 km (124 mi) of the vehicle, provided this has not been done by the Quality Check.

UPDATE
    This function is used to program the instrument panel again. This screen page shows the software version currently loaded; the LCD reads:
    INSTRUMENT PANEL DISCONNECTED. NOW CONNECT THE DIAGNOSIS INSTRUMENT.
    The instrument panel will restart to work normally after the key is inserted-extracted.

CHANGE KEYS
    With this function the instrument panel can update the keys. Up to 4 keys can be stored.
    The user code is first requested to be entered:
    ENTER THE CODE
    After entering the correct code, the following message should be shown on the display:
    INSERT THE X KEY
    INSERT THE X+1 KEY
    At least one key must be programmed for the next start-ups. If no other key is inserted within 20 seconds or if there is no power or after the fourth key is programmed, the procedure finishes and all the functions of the vehicle and the instrument panel must be enabled (even if only one key has been programmed).

KM / MILES
    This menu selects the unit of measurement, either for the speed or the total or partial odometers.
    KM
    MILES

LANGUAGES
    Select the user interface language from this menu.
    ITALIANO
    ENGLISH
    FRANCAIS
    DEUTSCH
    ESPAGNOL

Ex-owner: 2007 Shiver, Aprilia screen, Tuono forks and Brembos, Hyperpro Springs F&R, 46T rear sprocket (supersprox), DNA Filter, Akrapovics, Gold wheels, Michelin Pilot Road IIs

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Dorsoduro Service Code - 98789

Here's some useful info on how to tell what fuel map you have. Read the warning before doing it:

Quote Originally Posted by vfr_nz View Post
    Have read the Service Manual and been out and operated on my bike the ECU version number is available under:
    MENU
    DIAGNOSIS
    UPDATE

This screen has at the bottom the ECU map number

On mine it is M2SHV0006 and was installed Dec 2008

WARNING WARNING WARNING
    There is no backout out of this screen. I exited by turning the key off.
    On switch on again I got a SERVICE warning up. The bike ran normally though.
    I got rid of the service warning by pushing MODE control switch in.

Cheers

Wayne
    In New Zealand

Ex-owner: 2007 Shiver, Aprilia screen, Tuono forks and Brembos, Hyperpro Springs F&R, 46T rear sprocket (supersprox), DNA Filter, Akrapovics, Gold wheels, Michelin Pilot Road IIs

Do you use "VEHICLE SERVICING RESET" to reset the service light?

Thanks

apriliaforum newb
    Shifting Into Neutral: Shift while you are rolling as it is much more difficult to shift into neutral while stopped! I also find it's easier to tap down slightly while in second as opposed to tapping up while in first.
    I got my new-to-me Shiver a month ago w/ ~3500km (2200mile) on the clock, first service done. It was impossible to shift to Neutral. After the second oil change @ 5000km, it is very easy to shift to Neutral both from 1st and 2nd gear as long as the bike isn't complete stopped. My left hand thanks me at the traffic.

apriliaforum newb
    Shifting Into Neutral: Shift while you are rolling as it is much more difficult to shift into neutral while stopped! I also find it's easier to tap down slightly while in second as opposed to tapping up while in first.
    I got my new-to-me Shiver a month ago w/ ~3500km (2200mile) on the clock, first service done. It was impossible to shift to Neutral until the engine is off. After the second oil change @ 5000km, it is very easy to shift to Neutral both from 1st and 2nd gear as long as the bike isn't complete stopped. My left hand thanks me at the traffic now.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys all new to this and only been riding 6 months, really could do with some help, I'm only short so use the side stand on my shiver to help getting in and off as I gain more confidance with getting on and off with no stand, only thing is I thought the stand was down but wasn't, thanks to a steep camber on the road. Been really lucky as the only damage is a bent clutch lever, my local dealer wants 50 to do it but I can get it from else where for half the cost. But is it hard to do and is there anything I should know, looking at it it does not seem to have an ajuster to slacken the cable or is this hidden away? Father in law is going to help and has done plent b4 but this looks very different. Any and all help is very greatfully recieved, thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly817 View Post
    Hi guys all new to this and only been riding 6 months, really could do with some help, I'm only short so use the side stand on my shiver to help getting in and off as I gain more confidance with getting on and off with no stand, only thing is I thought the stand was down but wasn't, thanks to a steep camber on the road. Been really lucky as the only damage is a bent clutch lever, my local dealer wants 50 to do it but I can get it from else where for half the cost. But is it hard to do and is there anything I should know, looking at it it does not seem to have an ajuster to slacken the cable or is this hidden away? Father in law is going to help and has done plent b4 but this looks very different. Any and all help is very greatfully recieved, thanks in advance
    It is straightforward, just make sure you put any nuts and circlips back on properly, and don't disturb the lever switch or connections. It's a hydraulic clutch so that is why there is no cable or adjusment.

BTW, this should be in it's own thread, not in the FAQ.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burty View Post
    Here's some useful info on how to tell what fuel map you have. Read the warning before doing it:
    I talked to my mechanic, and he says that the code popping up here is not the fuel map version, but either an internal (Aprilia) code or the dashboard version.
    To tell the fuel map version you need the Axone.

daft question.

why does shifting in to neutral while rolling happen easier than stationary (for me it does)

surely the clutch is in and therefore the rolling wheels have no effect on the gearbox anymore...?

but then also, why does the bike lurch when you kick it in to first! does this happen with italian cars too? iv never seen a ferrari run over some old biddy just because the dtiver knocked it in to 1st at a zebra xing!

Quote Originally Posted by matt.b View Post
    daft question.

why does shifting in to neutral while rolling happen easier than stationary (for me it does)

surely the clutch is in and therefore the rolling wheels have no effect on the gearbox anymore...?

but then also, why does the bike lurch when you kick it in to first! does this happen with italian cars too? iv never seen a ferrari run over some old biddy just because the dtiver knocked it in to 1st at a zebra xing!
    1) its because clutch is between engine and gearbox, while gearbox is still joined with rear wheel.. and its easier to shift into neutral when the gears inside are rolling

2) im not sure about this one, but i think there is still some slight contact in the clutch even though is in
    '08 Aprilia Shiver
    '10 Honda CRF250R

Even Ferraris now have synchromesh (look it up) gearboxes; bikes don't. The high idle speed of our bikes is also a factor. Adjust your chain play.

I know this sticky is not really the place for discussion but WTH.
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

apriliaforum newb
    Gas light stays on all the time. Been waiting 6 weeks for a fix(warranty repair). The trip 1 has a gas pump symbol and 99.9 miles displayed. Can't reset it. After 3 weeks the dealer thinks it's the sensor in the tank. Been on order for another 3 weeks??? Any one had this problem.

Broken Clutch Spring

I have had my clutch replaced on my DD under warranty because one of the springs had snapped.

The symptoms are the same as the clutch slipping.
    Most noticeable if you hold the revs in a low gear on an open throttle,when the revs hit 8k the clutch slips and the revs hits 10k

Update

First ride with the new clutch and finding N is way easier now
    Last edited by Bigralphie; 10-31-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: New info

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast