Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Some Shiver Useage FAQ!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Hi Joe
    The only way I can think that you can get so much oil into your bike and keep it between the sightglass lines is if the bike is on the side stand. The level is determined when the bike is vertical (I check mine when on the centrestand) . Otherwise, I'm baffled.
    I'm an idiot! I used 3.6L of oil! I went through the garage last night and found 2 bottles of oil, one a little under half and the other unopened. When I was filling it though, I got my neighbour to sit on it to keep it upright and level. I would've used the rear paddock stand but I wanted it to be perfectly level when I was filling it so I could get it to the right spot in as few tries as possible. I bet my driveway isn't level and I put too much oil in... It's going in for it's 18,900km service soon so I'm sure they'll let some out if it's too full.

Thanks again for the correction! It made me wonder if I was going crazy!! 😋

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

My shiver cranks only at few taps of the starter button recently. Any idea why?
    KTM 200 EGS -> HONDA NSR 150 RR -> HONDA CBR 400 RR -> SUZUKI DRZ 400 SM -> KAWASAKI NINJA 636 -> APRILIA SHIVER 750 ABS

Quote Originally Posted by Bobson87 View Post
    My shiver cranks only at few taps of the starter button recently. Any idea why?
    It might be time for a new battery... Mine takes a few times to start too unless it's on the trickle charger!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789