Thread: positive dealings with aprilia usa

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar

Thumbs up positive dealings with aprilia usa

i won't go into the details, (parts issue) but with some help from the parts and service division, i am completely satisfied with the outcome, and happy to own and aprilia, and look forward to getting my 05

Thanks ApriliaUSA and Aprilia for all of your help
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

apriliaforum Member

Aprilia USA Customer Service

I wish I could say the same!!
    They won't answer my questions that I sent them by email.
    Or even the ones that Aprilia Europe sent them.

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    what is your issue and who have you talked to about it?
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

apriliaforum Member
    When I first purchased my CER I had a whole bunch of questions that I emailed to Aprilia. Unknowingly I sent the email to Europe. About a week later they forwarded it to Aprilia U.S.A. I never received a response even after sending two more follow up emails.

Since then I've been able to get almost all my questions answered on this forum.

apriliaforum expert
    what kind of questions were you asking?

are they questions that your dealer 'should' have able to answer?

question like can it be converted to a two-seater, will the pipes still fit with passenger pegs etc are something that they shouldnt have to answer.

if you had a technical question that your dealer could not answer then they should have directed you to the right person at the office.

the dealers have to take some responsiblity when selling a bike, and to get things done there is a certain chain to get through, simply sending an email off to 'info@usa.aprilia.com' (not the address) isnt really going to work.

was the question a parts issue, a technical problem, some advice, or jsut a general question taht your dealer couldnt answer.

unfortuneatly some of the dealers that sell the bikes dont have the knowledge to back them up.

i have had 4 different shops (no names) email me asking how to derestrict a mille/tuono/falco when it is in the aprilia service manual.

you are right about how awesome this forum is though

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks for your comments Aaron. My beef is that they never answered the emails or attempted to contact me. Are we to assume that the reason they don't respond is that the dealership should know the answer? If that is the case then why didn't they forward my questions to the dealership and let me know that they did so?

apriliaforum Member
    I just had another related thought. Why does their web site have a contact email address if they aren't going to respond to questions?

apriliaforum newb
    Could it be that Aprilia is closed for inventory from December 1st through December 10th? When did they receive your email? (Or, when did you send it?)

apriliaforum expert
    i am not saying that you should never contact Aprilia USA, but depending on the question, Aprilia USA might (i'm not positive on this) forward the question back to the dealer.

if it was a freaky technical problem that the dealer could not answer, then they should have answered it. if you had a beef with a parts problem where you had stuff on BO for months and you found out that other people had recieved the same part then they should have replied.

i am not playing down your issue with them but i am interested to the content of the email as that might give some clues why they dropped the ball (and yes i believe they did)

Aprilia should answer every email sent to them, unfortuneatly they dont have the man/woman power in the US office to do this. they might (again just speculation) weed out the important email from the general question emails.

you could always give Howie @ Xtreme Motorsports a call as i think he has a direct line to Mr B

apriliaforum Member
    Aaron,

Actually you answered almost all my questions so the whole thing is a dead issue. It justed PO'ed me that they pass us custmers around like hot potatoes and never really solve any issues.

About the only question that I can think of that hasn't been answered is...
    What are the part numbers and prices for those cool looking blue Ergal Hardware Kits (fairing, windscreen & gas cap)? Do you guys have any in stock?

Mahalo,
    Ed

apriliaforum expert
    i will check the book at work