Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R&G crash protectors

apriliaforum newb
    Hello guys, May I say a big hello to all as a new recruit to the forum.

I appreciate this thread ended years ago, but I remain everhopeful for some info.
    I recently purchased a 2000 Falco with both protectors fitted to the off side, the near side came unfitted with the bike. I have managed to fit the fairing (front) protector on the near side but am having trouble getting the frame bolt (13mm) off. As I turn the bolt the nut turns with it. I have tried several spanners but there doesn't appear to be much room around the nut to obtain a good grip. As well as being hard to access this area as it is in front of the suspension and under the tank. I thought I would try to get to it by removing the off side protector but that also spins round with the nut.
    Are there any tricks of the trade or special tool that would help!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Everhopeful.

apriliaforum newb

Hello guys, May I say a big hello to all as a new recruit to the forum.

I appreciate this thread ended years ago, but I remain everhopeful for some info.
    I recently purchased a 2000 Falco with both protectors fitted to the off side, the near side came unfitted with the bike. I have managed to fit the fairing (front) protector on the near side but am having trouble getting the frame bolt (13mm) off. As I turn the bolt the nut turns with it. I have tried several spanners but there doesn't appear to be much room around the nut to obtain a good grip. As well as being hard to access this area as it is in front of the suspension and under the tank. I thought I would try to get to it by removing the off side protector but that also spins round with the nut.
    Are there any tricks of the trade or special tool that would help!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Everhopeful.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Which nut are we talking about? the nut that holds the frame slider in place or the lower engine mounts?

apriliaforum newb
    The nut and bolt that has to be removed from the bike to replace with the frame slider, the nut seems extremely difficult to access. The off side has the slider already fitted but that also is difficult to get any tools on. Any suggestions gratefully received.

The rear frame sliders are a bit difficult to access the rear of hte engine to get he nut on. I happen to be putting my motor back in and i had no problem accessing the nuts with the gas tank off. Give that a try.
    - splyn

"The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders."

I believe in the noble, aristocratic art of doing absolutely nothing. And I hope someday I will be in a position when I can do even less.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234