Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kalex Av1

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Kalex-moto View Post
    hi guys,

would be nice to meet some of you in Assen.
    We will be there from 22.05 to 25.05 the registration is done, if the things run well we get a proper rider :-)
    Will be exciting for us to have a real race condition - to see how our bike works.

Our bike will be also at the JEC in Paris from 01-03.04 followed by the german event "best of german bike tuning" in Oschersleben 05-06.04.
    For those who are local.

Hopefully we can gain more budget for some more interesting events.
    Let us know when you can recommend some events where we can participate with our bike and meet interesting people.

@kfbmR1
    pb issue Dezember 2007.
    For some reason the magazines are difficult to get.
    here the link to our website
    pb magazine article KALEX AV1

Klaus

Hey Klaus,

I received an e-mail from Herbert Kainzinger inviting me to attend and ride in the BEST OF BIKE-TUNING 2008.

I replied him that I would love to attend in the event but I have no news from him yet. Hopefuly he wil contact me soon enough in order to arrange something. So we will meet in Oschersleben after all!!!

I know that I will not be able to ride your bike but I am still excited to see it up close...

apriliaforum newb
    @cwalker

ja war sehr unterhaltsam und interessant, freu mich auf Assen und deine Bikes live zu sehen!
    -----------------------
    Also the 550ccm engine (with your tuning) in our bike would be surely funny, some more weight reduction (what is the weight of this engine 45kg?) and it would be an easy handling tool. We thought about to equip one for our girls. Both bikers and not tall, freightend to run a powerful engine.

Mostly we would like to put an V3 inside. Use three 550ccm single units over the crankshaft - 825ccm - 170HP .... ok we are dreaming...!

@nitroagri

ok, i gave him your kontakt, would be nice to meet you there!

@HRTSR

hopefully we find one with a proper camera who can make some sequences for us!
    We are trying to get one in the near future....

And you get some work done!

Back on topic:
    Does anyone have any movie footage of the bike? There's nothing currently on Youtube? getting it on Youtube would get a huge audience potentially.

The man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time; he is outside time; in other words he is in a state of ecstasy. In that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.
    Slowness, Milan Kundera

Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

Klaus,
    If you'd like to sell your bikes in the U.S., there are virtually no rules for "kits", in other words, parts to create a complete bike but not a complete bike. It's why we have so many "chopper" shops here in the states. And they don't even use a standard EPA certified engine which leads me to believe there are even less rules for motorcycles. All that's required is an emissions-compliant engine and we already have that in the RSV motor. So you would be able to import a kit containing everything BUT the motor.

Make the kit consisting of frame, suspension, wheels, etc...and allow the use of the original Rotax engine, ECU and wiring harness. You're good to go. If I were you, I might even consider making the "kit" for use with the stock Ohlins R&T forks, rear shock and front brakes. Maybe even the controls. I'd also look into a partnership with an experienced Aprilia shop (AF1 cough, AF1 Cough) to facilitate and sell the kits stateside.

If you play it smart and don't compromise the integrity of the bike, I'm sure a kit could be produced utilizing the better OEM components with your frame, cooling, and exhaust system. Add the big bore kit and we'd have a pretty special bike for (I'm guessing) under $20,000USD+donor bike. One could always spec-up the bike from base, adding billet Brembo rotors, billet controls, carbon wheels, WP suspension, etc.

But a big bore RSV motor in a chassis lighter than an RC8?
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

2004 RSV-R Factory Sold and will be sorely missed.

the swing arm could have a little more done to it to make it look a lil more stylish

live near Reading, UK? wna go for a cruise? PM me or contact me on skype ^^^
    My Bebo: http://www.bebo.com/Drenalin--Junkie
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/venom1218

apriliaforum newb
    @ Michel,

Thanks for your notes, we already look out for a RSV to use the main parts to check a road version. If we get some honest requests from U.S. we will work on to make it legal in the states.

@ road rebel

yes you're right, more stylish would be cool - but to build it more stylish you need a stylish tool too. Makes it more expensive and lasts longer. For our first step the technical side was top priority.
    But you can be sure that a nicer version will we follow sometimes.

As it is a competition bike we test currently, different casters, ride higths, Suspension settings, wheel/tyre sizes to gain experience and make it faster.
    We won the first race in the German SoT and battled with the 1098R in Assen on a good level, so the first way is to be competitive therefore the bike is build.

Klaus

apriliaforum expert SuperhawkLGT's Avatar
    Congratulations on the win!

Well what a great way to break Into racing on your newly built bike !
    Showed those 1098's your back tire. Congradulations to your team!
    Bet you learned alot too in the process. Looking forward to you future success. We will all be watching! I have to admit this ECU your using got me kinda curious. I want one.

apriliaforum expert
    Congratulations to you guys and Damien Cudlin on a great debut. A lot of people will now sit up and take notice!

apriliaforum expert velocityjunky's Avatar
    Pole and a win your first time out, thats amazing.
    Motorcycles- No better way to turn money into smoke and noise

Outstanding - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by velocityjunky View Post
    Pole and a win your first time out, thats amazing.
    that really is fantastic news, well done Kalex!

apriliaforum newb

Thanks a lot!

Thanks guys !!!
    It was amazing to see the bike working well.
    Damian did a great ride and he gives perfekt feed back and technical support.
    We were able to understand the bike better now, it was very helpful to have a real good racer on the bike.

And also nice to see that you can be quick with less than 200hp... so guys keep on biking the Rotax V2.

Klaus

Just wait till you drop the v4 into it!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast