Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalex Av1

Quote Originally Posted by Kalex-moto View Post
    Thanks for the great response!

We are starting our company KALEX engineering at the beginning of 2008 with the AV1 Fabrication, race equipment, design work, fabrication etc.

Yes the bike is no bargain, but you surely recognize some bits out of the top product range of our suppliers.
    We are working parallel on a road version with components of the standard RSV, this makes it easier to get it legal otherwise cheaper.

Keep an eye on...

@cwalker
    We plan to race in ASSEN on the ducati clubraces and some of the german SoT perhaps we meet us there.
    Are there races in Belgium where we can take part with our AV1?

Klaus
    ill surely meet you at assen Klaus, i'll be there too with projects mayhem 1 and 2... i might even race mayhem 1.

in belgium, you could enter one of the races in the biker's cup, one of the higher level 2 hr. endurance racing ch'ships here, and even in the BOTT. if ever i need to organise something for you here, just give me a shout.
    Ride.In.Peace Jens, my dear friend!

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

07 rsv factory/project mayhem1... I4's for breakfast...
    07 sxv550/project mayhem2... hypermotards for dinner..... we'll skip lunch....

it's all extremely funny.....untill somebody gets hurt.....then it gets hilarious!!!!!!
    i've met the 'man in the street'..... and he's a w*nker!

kalex, if you're ever looking for a sales point in belgium, i'm your man. promised!

#1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

apriliaforum newb

naked

....without fairing

some details allready improved

hmmmmm....i want to put a mayhem engine in that....

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

it's all extremely funny.....untill somebody gets hurt.....then it gets hilarious!!!!!!

klaus, just a question... haven't you guys had problems with the front wheel touching the radiator under heavy braking? maybe it's the angle of the pics, but it looks like there's not much space between them?

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

apriliaforum newb

Radiator layout

While shifting the engine as much forward as possible to get more weight to the front and manage to design a long swing arm, we choose a special radiator style.
    We designed a U-flow radiator layout. The output of the both cylinder heads now going on the right side to the main core, than down on the left V-size smal one, and through a special "hole in" Watercase, which gives room for the primary (stainless steel heat shield protected), to the right V-size core, back to the Engine.
    We manage to get water temperatures about 70-75 in all conditions we raced now - looking optimistic forward to the missing ultra hot summer race days.

But take a look yourself...

http://www.kalex-moto.de/images/stor...0%28517%29.jpg

Tell me about your mayhem project...
    Tell me your motor tuning experience, what is clever to do?

Klaus

Impressive!

Looking forward to dyno numbers as well

apriliaforum newb

no real dyno numbers

Hi,

I'm sorry myself we have no exact dyno max HP/TQ figures yet.
    We spent only about 8hours on a dyno to set up the MOTEC M800 from zero.
    Our main task was to get a proper start behavior, throttle response, and a solid lambda over the whole engine speed range
    For this i think with 132HP and a torque about 100Nm is not to bad for an standard engine and an self designed exhaust system.
    We hope to achieve more with the next steps of settings.

But the feeling on the track is very good, the throttle response is fine, the bike accelerates in an impressive manner, for sure a result of weight reduction.
    Its funny to wait on the straigth until a standard mille opens the throttle fully up and than do the same....
    It was very impressive for me to feel what is possible with less weight - i didn't expect.

If you go down a straigth with the bodies full oben it is also a awesome noise resulting by the 30% bigger airbox with the carbon body around - on the bike and the pit wall...... it sucks itself through the air forward :-)

Hope to feel it soon again....

The other option we check out at the moment will be to get the spare engine tuned. We have some ideas...

Klaus

you have pm klaus

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

Hi Klaus,

very impressive bike you build there, i spoke you in Oschersleben last year, 17 september.

like to see you race in my home country soon(assen circuit very near)

God i so want one. Is this an Actuator? What's it for?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kawasaki

T R A C K D A Y S ...... Because golf is for Faggots!
    ZXR-400

The Anal Intruder William the Third's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott221 View Post
    God i so want one. Is this an Actuator? What's it for?
    Measuring suspension travel. That motec they are using is quite the powerful box. It can keep track of various things that can then be looked at after a few practice runs around the track. Using that data you can better tune the bike to the track.
    #1 Forum Loser

1973 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Z-90 - Restoration project
    1983 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre - Fathers old bike
    1998 Kawasaki KE100 - My first bike at 14
    1998 Laverda Ghost Strike 668 - A fun little bike
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Track bike
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - My first Aprilia
    2007 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My babe magnet
    2009 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My "help me I have a problem"

Data acquisition telemetry

Displacement Transducer.

Yeah that looks like some displacement transducers like we are using for some research right now. They also have it on the left front fork if you look closely. Depending on the processors and acquisition cards they are using, it can recorded at 14k Hz. I have never seen anything like that before but I guess it would be nice to know how the bike is handling and be able to run different laps and see how the different susp settings change the way the bike reacts. If you look in the pics on their site and the ones at the beginning of the post you will see how it is attached to the bottom of the rear tail section. Very interesting in deed

That bike just looks awesome by the way. I would love one
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE - street
    07 Kawasaki ZX6R

OLD BIKE
    2007 gsxr 750 - track bike
    2007 KTM 690 SM
    00.5 Mille
    Suzuki Bandit 600 S
    2001 KTM 250 EXC

Hello...

Hello Klaus,

I have been wathing over you project for quite sometime now and I have to say that I am a great fun of your work.

I am an editor for a Greek motorcycle magazine called Power Bikes which works closely with Performance Bikes and I must say that the English are trilled to have presented your creation!

I was wondering if you could tell me which events are you guys going to attend this year. I wasnt to arrange a trip to Europe in irder to write a story about "alternative" racing BOTT or Thunder Bikes and I would love to combine it with taking pictures of highly tuned bikes in order to present them in the magazine.

CWalker maybe I can finally meet you and your Mayhems anf do that photosession afterall?!?!?!?

Regards
    Argi

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast