Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cored Pipes. How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    Hey Mossback, didnt the "Anti Cruelty to Animal League" take issue with you stuffing those Siamese Cats into your exhausts for noise baffling???

Yeah I switched to Feral Cats so they stopped complaining.

Its important to remove the fur before stuffing them too.
    There is no better place to find good advice about life, business dealings and fear than from people who have gone through it before.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Full Arrow headers and Ti slipons
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Showa forks with Ohlins internals - Thompson Suspension
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.
    1:35's at Pacific raceways
    2:12's at Miller Motorsports AMA track

Quote Originally Posted by mossback View Post
    Yeah I switched to Feral Cats so they stopped complaining.

Its important to remove the fur before stuffing them too.
    Interesting you should say that as we have been experimenting with the 'fur on' and 'fur off' options as well.

We find that removing the fur is ok, but only when using a core that has more than 60% open space and holes over 4mm. For cores with smaller dia holes we found the fur on was very effective, though you still need to repack 6 monthly.

Another interesting noise deadening material is hair from the mother-in-laws belly button or armpits. I just wait till shes unconscious from the alcohol she has at breakfast, or use that Rohipnol I got from the net!
    ScottyDog

Official Aprilia Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, stock gearing, Austin Racing GP2R pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi Top box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. Merc C63 Coupe 507 AMG (Currently in repair)

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

I have been experimenting with removing only the hair from the top half cat the removal of all the hair seems to get a harsh exhaust note.

Speaking of spare hair I have also been experimenting with hair as packing, lesbian bars are good source. But getting the hair requires either beating them at pool, arm wrestling or drinking. So far i am not doing very well, but my research continues.

Any word if AF1 will be selling both types of CATs?

Interesting you should say that as we have been experimenting with the 'fur on' and 'fur off' options as well.

We find that removing the fur is ok, but only when using a core that has more than 60% open space and holes over 4mm. For cores with smaller dia holes we found the fur on was very effective, though you still need to repack 6 monthly.

Another interesting noise deadening material is hair from the mother-in-laws belly button or armpits. I just wait till shes unconscious from the alcohol she has at breakfast, or use that Rohipnol I got from the net!
    There is no better place to find good advice about life, business dealings and fear than from people who have gone through it before.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

Any word if AF1 will be selling both types of CATs?
    Apparently the process for AF1 to get a breeding license is a biggie, but they will be official moggie resellers shortly, baring any sort of catastrophe!

If they can provide both feral and pedigree felines then that would be purrfect!
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, stock gearing, Austin Racing GP2R pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi Top box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

apriliaforum expert
    That was a great write up. The only problem I have with the cats is the excessive heat. I can put my hand on my Rene cans and they are warm/hot but not burning hot. The cats keep a lot of heat in the cans. If you have soft luggage you may/will melt them.
    Fast red 03 Tuono, dual Renegade exhaust, Renegade style intake, FP Tuono chip, 57mm TB's. SOLD
    1989 Kawasaki ZX 10 with a modded 2003 ZZR1200 motor. 41mm Keihin Flat-slides with the long stacks, stick coils, and a Micron pipe. I forgot the comfy Concours clip-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherboy View Post
    The cats keep a lot of heat in the cans. If you have soft luggage you may/will melt them.
    This is one of the main reasons we went with short hairs cats and Mossback prefers to remove the fur altogether.

Hmmm, maybe using one of Dr Evil's cats would save some time?
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

This is one of the main reasons we went with short hairs cats and Mossback prefers to remove the fur altogether.

Hmmm, maybe using one of Dr Evil's cats would save some time?
    Exactly right Scott, shaved cats keeps my luggage firm and generally helps out with ride quality.

I prefer the aesthetics and heat hasn't been a factor in my choosing shaved cats.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

I prefer the aesthetics and heat hasn't been a factor in my choosing shaved cats.
    I must concur.... if fact I would think that a poll would result in most riders agreeing that they prefer a shaved pussy to a hairy cat!

Both have been known to cause overheating in the wrong applications!
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

I must concur.... if fact I would think that a poll would result in most riders agreeing that they prefer a shaved pussy to a hairy cat!

Both have been known to cause overheating in the wrong applications!
    The only problem I can see with shaved cats is that they can cause unpredictable output, a premeture firing of the piston. Although pistons tend to recover quicker with this type of said cat.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

T...they can cause unpredictable output, a premeture firing of the piston.
    Hahahahaha LMAO
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

You guys are cracking me up!

apriliaforum Junkie 300lbGorilla's Avatar
    The only problem I can see with shaved cats is that they can cause unpredictable output, a premeture firing of the piston.
    Speak for yourself.

Although pistons tend to recover quicker with this type of said cat.
    Now that I agree with.
    I am so proud of all this stuff I've bought. Let me list it here so you will be impressed.

apriliaforum expert ChicagoFactory's Avatar
    I was one of the first to use mossback's kit on my 04 Factory, and it ROCKED! However, if I can get the Area P's cores and save a bunch of cash, I'll do it.

What will be the difference in sound/performance by using Area P's 40% baffles compared to Mossbacks 60% ones?
    Mike
    2013 Diavel Cromo

The 40% is going to be louder with a more metalic sound as your are getting closer to just having a straight pipe. The idea is to expose the sound to the packing material so that some of it is absorbed.

IT Services

RED 2004 RSV1000R
    PCIII usb custom map
    Michelin Power One tires
    MotoBit's rearsets
    16\43 gearing
    F.Fabrri double bubble
    Removed Flywheel
    Ohlins Steering dampner
    Ohlins rear shock
    36,000 miles
    New timing chains.

I think there is some confusion going on between the 40$ open and the 60$ open cores on here...i would venture to guess that they are both identical but someone is inverting the actual spec on open portion.

I am going with the Areap Cores not only because of price but because ther are 2 1/2" while 2 7/8" through pipe would be just too little restriction for my bike.

I bet that both kits are of equal quality so giv-er and core them pipes ! haha

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast