Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Prototype Motorcycle......FX bikes beware

apriliaforum Junkie superlight825's Avatar

from KTMTALK

velocityjunky,

I followed this link off your KTMtalk thread, not seeing that the post was here. It was odd, but I had a sense of pride when I saw that it was a fellow Aprilia Forum member that had done the project. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we are proud of your work.

Mods maybe you could pin this thread, I am sure it is going to get the board a lot of attention over the next weeks.
    <<<>>>
    Zak
    motoprimo, mpls
    2003 Mille R
    Ducati 900SL#825
    2009 Moto Guzzi Griso, the great white whale
    2002 SR50

2010 Ducati GT1k--Gone
    2002 Triumph Bonnie--gone
    KTM 640sm --gone
    Laverda Formula 750--gone
    KTM 453 SM-- gone
    2002 Mille--gone
    Honda CRF70--gone

apriliaforum newb
    Hey folks,

Mountain bike guy here and just wanted to give you and your team a big round of applause for the hard work done for this project! Many of us a cross over guys and would love to get our hands on one of these.
    just plain incredible!!!!!!
    It would be a big change from my little XT225 for single track use, thats for sure. i am really looking forward to see where this goes, so many possible applications for it.

Nice job again!!!!!!!!!!!

I have watched this thread all day and it has brought attention from all over the world. (As a moderator, I can see a little more than you guys on my page view) You have more interest in this than you probably think. You are getting a LOT of views.

Motorcycles "should" be lighter, power is easy to make as needed. Thinking like this could result in a 300 lb 50+ bhp street or roadracing bike one day. Thanks for posting this. You earned all the compliments. Keep up the good work!

and I would definitly buy one in a heartbeat
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

I too would buy one if it was priced at a market price.
    I am interested in using this machine for conventional motorcycle trials. There would be some changes needed like the engine would have to be different due to the power delivery required for trials. And a few other mods to add strength at key stress areas, but besides that. This could be pretty good.

The low weight is of most interest of course.

Can I buy it? or buy a chassis?
    Webmaster for : www.rossdanby.net www.totaltrials.co.uk

"We are here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin Steele McRae MBE - R.I.P

apriliaforum newb
    +1 for Poisonfrog. I ride a VP Free and run that same front tire. One thing you guys could do that would cross over to MTBing is lever protectors similar to what's available to dirt bikes. My biggest problem in MTBing is snapping my brake lines where they meet the mastercylinders, even with SS lines. Maybe a good way to feed the beast.
    In any case I would go back into debt to by one of your bikes. Great freaking job.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Saw as many as 66 people online just on your thread today at once. You have sparked the firestorm!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum newb
    Just to let you guys know.. I'm Brazilian and registered just to say that you are making successes in Brazil as well, have a look: (b4 any one ask.. we speak Portuguese and we are in South America! lol!)

http://www.forumnow.com.br/vip/mensa...0312&pag=1&v=1

http://www.lidermotos.com.br/forum/v...ic.php?t=16204

yeah.. I know.. you don't read Portuguese, do ya?.. don't even waist your time.. useless language!

well.. lots of people said that your project is really cool.. that's it.

Sorry my English!

Vini.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I think Vini has a great idea here.

If you feel so inclined please post where you found the link to this thread! This thing has taken off like a virus!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

PM me if you have any intrest in pitching this to one of the major MTB companies..... I know someone
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

apriliaforum expert velocityjunky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duc slayer View Post
    PM me if you have any intrest in pitching this to one of the major MTB companies..... I know someone

Will do, thanks for the offer!

and as for all of the rest of the replies........all i can say is thank you for the interest. we are truly amazed at its popularity.

new pics coming soon.

Thanks again
    Grady Barfoot
    Last edited by velocityjunky; 11-29-2007 at 06:46 PM.
    Motorcycles- No better way to turn money into smoke and noise

Well....

My name is Dustin Griffith, the other half of this design team. I just joined so I could say thank you to everyone who has expressed interest, made comments, told friends, or simply looked at our thread... the response has been almost overwhelming.

As well, I must say thank you to AF1 for allowing us to use this space for our project.

I must say, the past week has been amazing, watching this post take off, trying to keep track of where it's going, all of it has come as a suprise. We knew the project was impressive... but really, we had no idea.

Anyway, all of the bodywork is finished, the primer is in its final stages, and paint should go on in the next day or so.

For now we'll leave you with a couple new pictures... more are definitely on their way.

Thank You All,
    Dustin Griffith

Last edited by dgriff; 11-29-2007 at 07:34 PM.

apriliaforum newb

From Thumpertalk.

I had to join to say what an amazing job you guys did. Its incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    I think Vini has a great idea here.

If you feel so inclined please post where you found the link to this thread! This thing has taken off like a virus!
    Your being talked about in a few places, here being one.
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=576643

apriliaforum expert velocityjunky's Avatar
    by the way, we weighed it as you see it and it tipped the scales at 127 lbs without fuel. (radiator and crankcase are full)

it holds 1.37 gallons of fuel. so theoretically (if gas weighs about 6lbs per gal.) it would weigh 135 lbs fully wet.
    Motorcycles- No better way to turn money into smoke and noise

apriliaforum prov-nov ensign_crusher's Avatar

re:

That things awesome. Great work.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...-new-clas.html

wes

Ill trade my Prototype Aprilia Mille R for your prototype
    '01 Yellow Mille R- For Sale
    '07 SXV 550-

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast