Thread: My Prototype Motorcycle......FX bikes beware

apriliaforum newb
    the motoped project was a success on Kickstarter ,
    and they are now for sale at a reduced price,
    but not for long ,
    act now and you can get frame 1/2 price @ $599.00 plus shipping

http://motopeds.com/

apriliaforum prov-nov
    GREAT project, and nicely done........ why have a bike anyone else can have when you can build your own with spec to suit

apriliaforum newb
    things are progress slowly, many different builds on the site

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slider6.jpg 
Views:	3049 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	242764

For the grand price of the 600... I don't think theres any complaints here... I'm kinda excited to see the results of everything play out.
    I'm going to hold out to see whate veryone elses stuff looks like before hopping on board.

HOLY CRAP! I used to click on this thread fairly often when this was first laid out to check for progress, and would watch for updates. But it kind of fell flat after a few years and I missed the KickStarter post. Then yesterday a buddy posts a link on Facebook about "Motopeds" looking for dealers and showing complete bikes. The FIRST thing that came to mind was "Damn, I sure do hope this is the fruition of all of the talk, research, design, testing and work from the forum 'prototype' thread".
    http://motopeds.com/
    2000 RSV -All of the normal stuff
    2001 XR400r - Ice/Dirt Whore

"DUDE, don't worry. We can fix it. My old man's a television repair man... he's got an awesome set of tools..."

ďIf itís sympathy youíre looking for, itís in the dictionary between shit & syphilis. Pick one.Ē
    Stated by Al Tucker to ill equipped riders on a dual sport ride.

apriliaforum expert uberchicken's Avatar
    well, I'm 95% there as far as purchasing stuff goes. My chassis kit should arrive today. I just purchased a used mtn bike with nice upgraded components. I found a used crf50 motor with big bore kit and performance head. All in all I'm just over 2000. I'll get some money back selling spare parts but I still need to buy a few small things to finish it off. It'll take me a while to getting it all together but I'll take pics along the way and video when done.

UPDATE- my chassis kit arrived today! I looked it over and the manufacturing looks very nice. The welds look good the finish is nice and the parts have a nice feel to them.

Now I need to finish the baseboards and crown molding ASAP before I start building this, the wife will not be pleased if I start the motoped before the house is done!
    Last edited by uberchicken; 07-31-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    UBERCHICKEN

2007 Tuono Factory 1060- AF1 Built with all sorts of goodies!

apriliaforum newb
    well $600 if you live close to Cal.
    plus shiping to canada comes to almost 1G

the main steel frames is a little on the heavy side, but built to be strong [ for us big guys]
    the jack shaft and swing arm are also over built for additional strength
    the long wheel base , I could go on and on, is fun project to build, works great
    105 lbs complete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0029.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	572.5 KB 
ID:	266023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0033.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	541.1 KB 
ID:	266022
    Last edited by bikedumpDave; 10-29-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: wrong image

Amazing work guys! Wow.. speechless, and in awe!
    Ron J
    President & Founder - Aprilia Owners Club of Australia
    Gold Coast, Australia

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - (Red) Upgraded Ohlins Rear Shock, Sato Rearsets, Gabro F27F Chip, Modded Link Pipe, Billet Intake Stacks, Open Airbox Kit, Backdated Airboot, Adjustable Clipons, Quick Release Gas Cap, Leo Vince Can, Ohlins Dampener, and more.

2014 Aprilia Tuono APRC - (Matte Black) Matris Rear Shock, Racetech Front Springs, Custom Valving and Shim Stack, Gilles X-Factor Rearsets, Rizoma Kit incl: Drag bar, risers, oil filler cap, & brake reservoir, CRG Arrow right mirror, matte carbon windscreen and heel plates, Akra slip-on, Race ECU & More

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819