Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deliver dem ~PIZZAA

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrs View Post

but try putting some fuel down the carb,
    lol forgive me for not understanding

also I think it is splittin time, thats what he was sayin is guna take time

any idea on how much it wuld cost to get new seals and bearings if i sent it off to somone (inc the postage/courier of sendin)

I disagree, what are we supposed to believe caused the seal failure in the first place? And how catrastophic are we expecting said suspected failure to be?

Why did the bike run at first then cut out, never to EVEN COUGH again?

Re. Fuel, you would literally have to put more fuel in than the combustion chamber can hold in volume. Then it all has to flow through the carb, reeds, and still it ALL has to be blasted up the transfers in enough volume to be damaging, it wont atomize in this way either, and will most likely wet the plug causing it to missfire for some time afterwards. Not to mention massive loss through the open exhaust port. Don't buy this to be honest

I've got no idea mate

only thing I could think of is that when I took it for a test ride the extra compression coulda fucked them (rpm 8,000+)

The guy at the shop was the one to suggest the seals, I mean the bike did idle quite nice when I first started her up and since the test ride and cut out
    it hasnt been able to idle

there is no change in pressure on the seals with varying rpm. I would not be splitting it just yet.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS_RS View Post
    what sort of bike shop cant work on an rs?

I think you will find not a lot of bike shops will work on RS125, they are hard to set up and diag problems than say a 4 stroke.

I would say 100% not crank seals, i have stripped lots of RS125 engine and very very rare you will see a crank seal gone.

Get them to do a comp test to see what PSI it has?

Sending the engine to me may not be the answer as i can only check that it is all mechanical sound so if you do send it and it is ok then you have wasted your time and money.

Now if you can get the bike to me then that would be better

Hope this helps
    ALL PARTS STOCKED FOR THE APRILIA RS125

Jim Loamas Pipes Jolly Moto Pipes Piston kits Prox Vertex Mitaka Wiseco Genuine, Gasket Sets, Main bearings, Crank seals, Con Rod Kits. , Chain and Sprockets, Spark Plugs, Brake Pads, Levers, Screens, Exhausts, Mirrors

SERVICES
    Full Or Part Engine Builds, Cylinder Re-Conditioning, Crankshaft Re-Builds, Thread Repairs,

Quote Originally Posted by PJ ENGINEERING View Post
    Get them to do a comp test to see what PSI it has?

you'd be surprised how many garages have the attitude off " if the compression is over 100 it'll do"

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS_RS View Post
    I disagree, what are we supposed to believe caused the seal failure in the first place? And how catrastophic are we expecting said suspected failure to be?

Why did the bike run at first then cut out, never to EVEN COUGH again?

Re. Fuel, you would literally have to put more fuel in than the combustion chamber can hold in volume. Then it all has to flow through the carb, reeds, and still it ALL has to be blasted up the transfers in enough volume to be damaging, it wont atomize in this way either, and will most likely wet the plug causing it to missfire for some time afterwards. Not to mention massive loss through the open exhaust port. Don't buy this to be honest
    let me explain when i said i seen it done i seen the results and weas told that was what happened!

so i dont know how much fuel was put into it, althought i would reckon on newer bikes you are very unlikley to bend a conrod!

the bike i seen it done on was a 125 scrambler that was older than me! so it may have been a results of years of abuse or even a fracture in the rod i have no idea! i wasnt very old when i saw it! and like all thinks you are told when you are young you just believe them without questioning them!

but it is a good way to get fuel into the engine to test if its seals or not!

could still b an ignition problem, the cdi/coil/mag could be at fault, and even tho theres a spark, it may not be at the rite time or big enough. also check ur killswitch for corrosion, i saw a very similar fault on a Aprilia mojito and it was down the a rotten killswitch, check all ur wiring for corrosion. i doubt its the seals.
    2000 Triumph TT600, Powerbronzeblack DB screen, hugger
    and seat cowl, metzeler racetec tyres.

1998 reg RS125 SP, Polini 154cc Big Bore Kit with extra work on ports, Full arrow Kevlar system, 34mm polished Carb, Powervalve, Skidmarx matt blue screen, Blue vinyl seats, custom decals, Continental Contiforce tyres, hand made stainless steel braided hoses, carbon reeds,
    To come: New Contiforce SM tyres, piperx cone filter, recon forks, ISR Radial master cylinder, Gilles Rearsets, front and rear wavy discs.

1985 Honda Cub90 totally original and i know your jealous

I would prefer to send u my bike PJ as the problem is really beyond me

the thing is I cant figure out why it started did a block and then cut out
    and wouldnt start again

Does anyone reckon its worth sticking the old stuff back on first?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Have you tried chas bikes, grt suffolk st, se1?

I've never had any problems with chas down there, and hes bloody reasonable!

apriliaforum expert
    try you're old stuff first!

i reckon its worth a shot! if it works with the old stuff then you know its a problem with the new setup!

if it was running then maybe its getting a weak spark or maybe its not enought petrol!

Trevor

I think its his carb

apriliaforum expert rs125 thrasher's Avatar
    read you pms matt
    [COLOR="Sienna"]
    CHECK OUT THE SIG MOTHERF*****S

Quote Originally Posted by Vale View Post
    hi ppl

SOoooo My bike was in the shop apparently its gott:

Compression
    Spark
    and Fuel

Problem is it still dnt start, they reckon it could be crankseals but they were sayin that It'll cost too much to look at/take appart rebuild. so I gotta put my old stuff on an see what happens

anyway long story short need some more money for the work

Got me a potential job deliverin pizzas

anyone else done it b4? i think it'll be fun cept for the waitin, hope they got a TV

This is a bit of a long shot but a friend had an RS125 and even though he was getting spark, changed the plug after advice and it started perfectly. This old guy said to him that spark plugs wear out and even though it was sparking, when plugs become old and fouled, it takes more power to spark well.

Anyway, just wanted to mention it as a long shot if the other things don't work out.

its an eltrical ignition right, not a distributor. possibly the sensor has failed. or is covered in crap.

im only guessin its a DIS system so dont know if this is relevant.
    Lets Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by kd sweety
    a copper with a tinted visor! ha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast