Thread: New Tuono owner with question

apriliaforum Member

New Tuono owner with question

Hey Aprilia owners. Glad to become part of the pride. I'm on the new learning curve of Aprilia motorcycles. Somewhat familiar with model year changes and model differences, but not VERY.

Probably simple question, but don't have a local dealer to check for myself.

Does a 02' Mille tail fairing or tail section work on the 03' Tuono?

Thanks to all that have posted good info for a new owner like myself to browse through and learn more about my new steed.
    Knee down, is a corner taken!

apriliaforum prov-nov King Atlas's Avatar
    I just saw Clarkie's Tuono at the M/C expo in San Mateo, CA and it looked like it had a Mille tail section. Not sure which year, but that's a promising sign, ey?

Welcome to the club, 9!
    Dave
    '03 Tuono
    Fairfield, CA

apriliaforum expert Jony2Stones's Avatar

Talking

Originally posted by King Atlas
    I just saw Clarkie's Tuono at the M/C expo in San Mateo, CA and it looked like it had a Mille tail section. Not sure which year, but that's a promising sign, ey?

Welcome to the club, 9!

Clarkies' tuono was a milie.....a crashed x aprilia demo milie.
    "It's broken (btw).......I put it on, it started playing the Beverly Hill Cops theme song --- and then leaked something brown onto my arm........"

apriliaforum Member
    I'll keep checking guys, Thanks.
    Knee down, is a corner taken!

Talking

BTW, the 01-02 rear bodywork should work on a 03.

You may have to change a few bits...but doesnt seem like it.

Mount points are more then likely the same, the only real difference would seem to be the addition of the 'grilles' and the tamp lamp placement.

Cheers
    "It's broken (btw).......I put it on, it started playing the Beverly Hill Cops theme song --- and then leaked something brown onto my arm........"

apriliaforum Junkie theImmoralist's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jony2Stones
    Clarkies' tuono was a milie.....a crashed x aprilia demo milie.
    Hmmm..I thought the Tuono Clarkie was a crashed Tuono. Of course, they are essentially the same bike, so it doesn't really matter. Either way, his bike has the tail section from an '00.5 Mille on it.

Anyway yes, the '00.5 Mille tail section will fit on a '03 Tuono (I tried it). I didn't fully try the '02 tail section, but the guys in service at Scuderia did and told me that it does fit. As far as I know, all of the rear subframes are the same on all the '00-'03 Milles and '03-'04 Tuonos.

What won't fit is the seat cowl by itself. The '00.5 and the '02 seat cowls won't fit directly on to the Tuono tail section because they are wider at the bottom. In '03 the Mille and Tuono tail section was made narrower.
    "...and so, even among all my treasures, I cherish a sense of the precarious, by which I provoke or at least arouse my life."

Andre Gide, The Immoralist

apriliaforum expert
    it started life as a tuono, got f'd up on a demo ride and got reborn as 'the evil one'

the '00 tail is becuase up until the '04 rsv the '00 was the shit, until now that is.

clarkie

Talking

My bad...thought for sure it was a wrecked milie.