Thread: FOR SALE: 2000.5 RSV Mille

apriliaforum prov-nov

FOR SALE: 2000.5 RSV Mille

Unfortunatly I might be forced to sell my bike, so I can pay off my tuition dept in Grad School. I'm posting this to see if there is any interest, and if I get a decent offer then I'd be willing to sell. Any interest, or questions just PM me. Thanks

-'Flashy Yellow,' no scraps or dents on the bike.
    -Leo Vinci SBK exhaust + titanium Eprom
    -Frame sliders
    -OZ blue alloy racing rims
    -Polished frame
    -New Pirelli Super Corsa tires (less than 500 miles on them)
    -Carbon fiber front/rear fenders + heal guards
    -Carbon fiber front turn signals
    -Integrated rear LED turn signals
    -Evo Airbox kit, de-restricted
    -16/44 sprockets
    -Sprag clutch
    -Rear tail light assembly, and under-tray painted to match rest of bike
    -Recently inspected (9/07)

Also Included: Stock Airbox, Spare ECU, and Coils
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RSVrider00; 09-21-2007 at 01:01 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How much could I sell my bike for? Any idea?

apriliaforum expert
    How many miles ? How long have you owned it ?

Do you still have the brembo wheels ? You'll make the most money by returning it to stock and selling off the fancy parts like the exhaust, carbon upgrades, and wheels. The OZs will sell very quickly on their own. They're a hot commodity since it's such a good upgrade. Brand new they're over $1800.

The market for these bikes is slow. Unless you throw it on ebay, it could potentially take months to sell. You can find a good condition '00.5/'01 Mille R for 6-7k. Once returned to stock, I'd try and get at least 5k for you bike. But you probably won't get much over that.
    01 RSV R #113

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It just rolled over 14K, I've owned it for 6 months.. But I need to sell to help pay for school. I've had it maintained by a deal, looked over, and had a few things done to it since i've owned it. Other than that, its in excellent shape given its a 2000.5. The bluebook value is $6400, and given all the extras I have on the bike, I was looking to get more like $7000. I don't think that's outrageous or anything, considering bluebook is stock value. As you said the rims alone are $$, oh well maybe I'll try out eBay at some point in the Spring if I don't sell it this Fall. Thanks for the insight..

apriliaforum expert
    Yeah I figured that's not what you wanted to hear. I'm a student too and watched the prices for several months before buying last year. KBB is not a good indicator of what they typically sell for. I haven't yet seen a private seller get the retail blue book. I'll tell you that I paid substantially less than KBB for my bike.

You can sell the bare OZ wheels without any rubber for over a $1000 easily. If you've still got the brembos wheels, you'll come out ahead parting the OZs and selling the bike closer to stock.

There is a for sale forum on this board you might check out to get a feel for asking prices. And of course watching ebay auctions. If you can find a local buyer, all the better. Sorry you have to sell it. I'm keeping mine forever. Even after I finish grad school and can afford to buy a new one, this will become my dedicated track bike.
    01 RSV R #113

apriliaforum expert
    While you might make more money selling the fancy bits seperatlty, these bikes are harder to sell and those parts may make the difference in getting it sold.
    -----
    2000 TBS Cafe Racer :: 2000 Frankenmille