Thread: RideSmart School

RideSmart School

Anyone on here taken their first timers school? I am taking the class on the 17th at Texas motorsports ranch. Looks like a fun day for me My first time on a track.
    We enter this life with a pot empty of experiences and full of luck..

My goal is to overflow the pot with experiences before it's empty of luck....

http://www.myspace.com/froggietravelstheworld

00 RSVR- my favorite bike....ever.
    01 Falco- specifically set up for 2-up riding with Ohlins front and special built Penske rear.

apriliaforum prov-nov familyguy's Avatar
    I had a trackday with them on the 20th of August at the Motorsport Ranch in Cresson. I have had quite a few trackdays in the last year, but I must say Ridesmart was the best. Best organized, good instruction both on and off the track, and the cheapest cost. If it is your first time, and you are in the beginners group you will do two round robbin sessions. This may be more than you need, but by the fourth session you will be going much faster so hang in there during the boring parts. Do attend the classroom sessions that happen between track sessions. Good instructor to student ratio and they are usually ex-racers with lots of good info to share. Above all have fun and maybe I will see you at Cresson some time.

Bill
    2002 RSVR
    2004 Futura

"Science should not try to become religion, nor should religion seek to take the place of science. Science can purify religion from error and superstition, while religion purifies science from idolatry and false absolutes."

John Paul II

apriliaforum Member
    be sure to bring fresh tires. cresson is pretty hard on tires if the bike isn't set up.practice your lines! Have a ball!
    They did it for you, and for me, and lastly themselves... my soldiers

I've been to a couple of RideSmart days, and one of those was my first time on the track. I like them a lot. There's occasional disorganization, but that happens with pretty much any trackday organization. They've been to Cresson a lot, so it should be pretty smooth.

My last trackday was at Cresson, and it was my first time there. It's a really fun track!

Anthony
    '01 Falco

cresson is good if they're running the full 3.1 mile course. the downhill section just after the pit exit (i believe it starts with turn 5) is a freakin' blast. dave wonders runs the show with ridesmart...it'll be a good time for sure.

apriliaforum prov-nov familyguy's Avatar
    Ran the new 1.3 mile track with Lone Star Track Days back in May. It was my first full day on the new track, what a hoot! Once I got the hang of that long double apex right hander I didn't want to stop. Plus the tsurface on the new section beats the old hands down.
    2002 RSVR
    2004 Futura

"Science should not try to become religion, nor should religion seek to take the place of science. Science can purify religion from error and superstition, while religion purifies science from idolatry and false absolutes."

John Paul II

MAN!! That was FUN! Had a blast, learned some things and came home safely. The Ridesmart guys were all VERY helpful and patient. My business partners wife went with me also (on a ninja 250 no less) and they really to time to help her on every session. I will be going back there again.
    We enter this life with a pot empty of experiences and full of luck..

My goal is to overflow the pot with experiences before it's empty of luck....

http://www.myspace.com/froggietravelstheworld

00 RSVR- my favorite bike....ever.
    01 Falco- specifically set up for 2-up riding with Ohlins front and special built Penske rear.