Thread: Tuono registration problems

apriliaforum newb

Unhappy Tuono registration problems

Having changed to a new 07 Tuono in June from a number of years on a 1200 Bandit I'm still stunned & amazed at how brilliant my bike is! However, as usual in my experience this only last until you have to visit the dealer for the first service as I have now come across 2 problems regarding registration of my bike:

1. When the dealer attempted to register the fact that the bike had been serviced on the Aprilia database it rejected it because it said the original dealer (Infinity) had never registered it. When I phone them they say that they can't because the bike is subject to a recall for the "bleeding procedure" but when I contact the service dealer (Motts) and Aprilia UK they know nothing about this!!!

2. Infinity told me that I could register online for a free extra 2 years of warranty extending this to 4 years free of charge. When I try and do this it asks for a code which I get from the dealer but Infinity claim they know nothing about this!

Has anyone experienced similar problems or got any ideas as this is starting to take the edge off my new baby!

Thanks

Is this vehicle registration or service registration?

apriliaforum expert
    Westaway-Yes, I am having the same problem with the this. The dealer where the bike was purchased is looking into transferring the warranty and getting me the activation code. The sales manager has been in touch with Aprilia and he is waiting for them to get back to him. Now, it has taken them a few weeks but he left me a message yesterday and said they should have everything done by the end of the week. If I can get any details from them I will post them here.

My advice, be persistant and stay after them to call Aprilia. Maybe Ed or someone from AF1 can chime in and shed some light on the procedure?

-Trip

I would assume service! I hate dealers... Sad thing is? I AM one... NO LAUGHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westaway

the original dealer (Infinity) had never registered it.
    Thanks
    Trouble with Infinity is that basically it was born out of the old MotorCycle City who were a bunch of Cowboys..... Great for a haggle but not so great on the customer care front. Old habits die hard.

Infinity Farnborough ?

Westaway,
    Infinity have screwed you. Basically they have taken your money and given you the bike. Then thrown the Aprilia paperwork into the bin.
    They done the same to me when they were "shitty city", I bought a ZX10 from them. If it wasn't for the fact that I drank with the owner of Pegasus Kawasaki the bike would never have received the recalls. Did they promise to send the Service book onto you too ?

Either see if Frank at Motts can push it through the Aprilia system (promise him regular service money and your buy your next Aprilia from their , or spend as long as is needed on the phone to Aprilia UK and get then to update the system with your bike details. Everything you need should e on the label in the back of the owners manual. Sorry forgot, Infinity probably didn't give you that either, so your need the details off the VIN plate.
    If you reached 101% of your ability, you only realised 99% of your potential.

Mods:
    Akropovic/Aprilia Street Legal Performance Exhaust.
    Fabbri Double-Bubble Screen.
    Open Loop Aprilia Fuel Map.
    Balanced TB's.
    Working Rear Brake - Bled properly.
    Working Clutch - Annealed copper washer seals.
    Reworked Electrical crimps and connectors.
    Suspension setup.
    Fabbri Doublebubble Screen
    Zymol Ital Glaze prepared paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Italijet
    Westaway,
    Infinity have screwed you. Basically they have taken your money and given you the bike. Then thrown the Aprilia paperwork into the bin.
    They done the same to me when they were "shitty city", I bought a ZX10 from them. If it wasn't for the fact that I drank with the owner of Pegasus Kawasaki the bike would never have received the recalls. Did they promise to send the Service book onto you too ?

Either see if Frank at Motts can push it through the Aprilia system (promise him regular service money and your buy your next Aprilia from their , or spend as long as is needed on the phone to Aprilia UK and get then to update the system with your bike details. Everything you need should e on the label in the back of the owners manual. Sorry forgot, Infinity probably didn't give you that either, so your need the details off the VIN plate.
    weren't you the one that badmouthed greek dealers

Everything you need should e on the label in the back of the owners manual. Sorry forgot, Infinity probably didn't give you that either, so your need the details off the VIN plate.
    if they mess you about see if you can contact a guy called Dean who is the sales director based in Farnborough - he was the guy that sold me on the Tuono and knows the Aprilia system very well - a little better than the lackies and can get it sorted quicker.

To me it sounds like they are trying to get you back in for the first service or extra service costs which isnt right - let him know you spoke with Aprilia and there is no recall according to them.

But from memory you should have the numbers needed for the extra warranty on the owner manual or bike itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DRADE
    weren't you the one that badmouthed greek dealers
    Nah, I just questioned if there were any Aprilia trained mechanics in Greece

Every country has good and not so good dealers. Some are good at selling and not so good at maintaining, others are good at maintaining but not so good at selling. With the Aprilia being able to sell it's self finding a dealer with an excellent service record is the key (IMHO).
    If you reached 101% of your ability, you only realised 99% of your potential.

Mods:
    Akropovic/Aprilia Street Legal Performance Exhaust.
    Fabbri Double-Bubble Screen.
    Open Loop Aprilia Fuel Map.
    Balanced TB's.
    Working Rear Brake - Bled properly.
    Working Clutch - Annealed copper washer seals.
    Reworked Electrical crimps and connectors.
    Suspension setup.
    Fabbri Doublebubble Screen
    Zymol Ital Glaze prepared paint.

Every country has good and not so good dealers. Some are good at selling and not so good at maintaining, others are good at maintaining but not so good at selling. With the Aprilia being able to sell it's self finding a dealer with an excellent service record is the key (IMHO).
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Westaway
    1. When the dealer attempted to register the fact that the bike had been serviced on the Aprilia database it rejected it because it said the original dealer (Infinity) had never registered it. When I phone them they say that they can't because the bike is subject to a recall for the "bleeding procedure" but when I contact the service dealer (Motts) and Aprilia UK they know nothing about this!!!
    I would try with Aprilia UK first, trying to explain that is not my fault. I bought my T from Germany and i registered it to Aprilia in Greece by phone. They just need a copy of my VIN plates registration (frame and engine numbers).

Westaway,
    Either see if Frank at Motts can push it through the Aprilia system (promise him regular service money and your buy your next Aprilia from their ,
    Its also a very good idea

Nah, I just questioned if there were any Aprilia trained mechanics in Greece
    Yop we have some. To be specific 1 or 2. Thank God, we dont have so many Ape´s in Greece, so we can still speak to them on the phone.

apriliaforum prov-nov SPINNER FTM's Avatar
    I own a UK bike first reg in 2006 and has had its first service.

Can someone please clarify for me ...............

Is there a recall for the rear brake as I lost mine at about 1200 miles ago

Is there an extended warranty of 2 years if so how do you activate ......I was told it was only for RSV's

Lastly who the hell do I contact if something happens to my bike whilst Iam out riding it.....Is it like the AA and someone comes along after a while and assists or do you need to get the bike to the nearest dealer yourself ??

Sensible answers only please ..............
    Red 06 Tuono
    Hi level Devil carbon cans