Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EFI light

Well... The replacement DM is here.... And it tests good........ And it's installed.............
    AND IT WON'T STOP RAINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're waterproof, go ride.

Good news, replacement Diode Module solved my flashing EFI warning light!!!!!

Thanks to others on this forum for detailing their own similar symptoms, pointing me in the direction of this "mystery module, and even describing how to properly diagnose the module with a DMM ( which the Aprilia Shop Manual did not explain?? ). I would have likely wasted endless time rechecking things etc. Likely ended up looking for spark related problems.... And god knows I didn't want to disturb " expand a tank " to get to the spark plugs etc cause that itself is a major process due to the gas tank no longer simply clearing the front tripleclamp flange! So you have to remove side panels, rear mount bolts etc and pull the tank far back as possible that way to try and get the clearance you need to attempt to lift the tank... What a total PITA! A procedure I always avoid, fearing damaging the fuel tank whenever I do so...

So the bikes running the best it ever ran now, with a Brembo rear wheel that shouldn't have to be on there (another post) and my fingers are crossed this continues. Thanks to everyone for the much appreciated help!

apriliaforum newb
    Just picked up an 03 Caponord 1000ETV and got 19 miles down the road before the EFI red flashing light and computer screen showed EFI also. Bike didn't seem to be running any different but don't dare to go for a decent ride and have it go into limp mode or die on me. I've scoured this thread backwards and forward and see everyone talking about the diode module fixing their issue, I pulled mine and tested and it intermittently seems to fail. Want to order one but can't for the life of me find any discussion of what part number you all ordered. I called the local Aprilia dealer in Tucson who has only been one for 4 months and they were no help at all. He said he couldn't even find a diode part. Can anyone provide the part number and where you were able to get it from? All I see on mine is "Leonelli Spain" and "4501".

Any help appreciated! Happy New Year all.

Don

Last edited by kzmille; 12-30-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU

apriliaforum newb
    I've got an older 1000ETV not a 1200, but I did find the part on the AF1 site under electrical after posting the query. Thanks.

Sorry about that. Corrected my post.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234