Thread: All in a good cause ;-)

All in a good cause ;-)

As it was for charity (British Heart Foundation, Leukemia Research amongst others), myself and a fewfriends braved the weather and headed up yesterday evening for a track evening at Donnington Park organised by the Rotary Club.

It was an invite only jobbie, but as I know the organiser, they agreed to let people in who they wouldn't normally consider at these functions

It wasn't a competitive evening, and unusual in that there were both cars and bikes allowed (but not on track at the same time ). The range of machinery there was really diverse, from Ferrari's to a McLaren SLR, AMG CL63, BMW M6, Austin Healy's, JZR 500, and any number of old MG's, Sunbeams, hot hatches, a V8 Ford Pop (who spun nicely on the wet track ) and a V8 Pilot, oh and us of course.

We managed one dry session to find our way round, followed by one wet one and finally a damp one. The weather didn't dampen the spirits though, and everyone got back safely, I only saw one guy slide off his Blade at Redgate, but was ok. I decided to take the Pegaso for a bit of a giggle, and because we expected rain, I thought it wouldn't be a handful in the wet. It was a bit underpowered on the GP circuit, but overall was still great fun.

Here's a few piccies from the evening - sorry if some of the photo's are a bit blurred - the wife took them

Fantastic, very impressed you braved donnie in the wet Great track and good showing on the pegaso.
    Blue 635d Coupe
    Silver Yamaha MT01

apriliaforum Junkie Clotted Cream's Avatar
    What camera was used? I am fed up with trying to take shots like these with my most excellent Canon A75, but the shutter won't work fast enough and the shot is either missed or blurred. I would love to buy a digi SLR.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Clotted Cream
    What camera was used? I am fed up with trying to take shots like these with my most excellent Canon A75, but the shutter won't work fast enough and the shot is either missed or blurred. I would love to buy a digi SLR.

Kev
    It's the wife's, not sure of the lens make / size, she's got a couple, but the camera is a Nikon D70S.