I recently did the 600 mile service on my Tuono and I thought I would document it as there is very little about the procedure online. I may be off with the allen key sizes, but it should be pretty accurate...
My contribution to the site. Enjoy!
I did the 600 mile service on my '07 Tuono today. The main item was an oil change. There are no procedures for this on the web, so I figured that I'd do one. Here goes...
Disclaimer: Workring on your bike can be dangerous. Proceed at your own risk. Information below is provided for entertainment value only. etc. etc.
Start with an '07 Aprilia Tuono
This is the area that we will be concentrating on
You will need 4 quarts of synthetic oil 10W50 or 15W50, a cartridge filter, and a couple of o-rings
Put the side panel in the service position by removing the 4mm allen screw, loosening the pivot 4mm allen and using a 12mm wrench to loosen the extension bar
Remove the lower fairing. One 4mm allen screw on each side and one front and center
Here are the items we will be addressing.
- Remove the oil tank drain bolt using a 10mm socket (Inspect/replace crush washer)
- Cut the factory clamp where the line goes to the oil tank screen (Replace with a hose clamp)
- Use a 27mm socket to remove the oil pump screen. Clean with brake cleaner. (Inspect O-Ring)
- Remove the oil filter drain plug using a 7mm allen socket
- Remove the two 6mm allen screws holding the filter cover (Inspect O-ring)
Remove the filter and inspect the housing
Fill with 3.25 quarts, no more, no less. Then start bike and let idle for 1 minute. Top off oil tank, using a total of roughly 3.75 quarts.
Put it back together and go for a test ride of 5 to 10 miles. Shut off bike, wait 1 minute and recheck oil level. Adjust if needed.