Thread: silmotor exhaust

silmotor exhaust

where there any issue's with the earlier sil's?? I've spent the last 2 hours trying to grind/beat (with a rubber mallet of course) this bitch into place so it i'll bolt up and it's not working. My next step is gonna be to remove the subframe and try to bolt it up that way, then reinstall
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

apriliaforum expert Alice Racing's Avatar
    Give me your email address, will send you easy instructions.........you did slacken the subframe bolts didn't you ????????
    SHOP : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RACE-SXV?_rdc=1
    Facebook Page :http://www.facebook.com/AliceRacing2001
    info@aliceracing.com
    Agents for and importers/ exporters of:
    Official RRV Aprilia Challenge parts
    Silmoto & Arrow Exhausts
    Iceparts Tripleclamps & Quickshifters
    SXV RXV MXV Race maps, developed on the race track, not on a dyno......

Yes, the early ones did have fit problems, sorry to say.

I sure did, I've tried everything from KY to an 18lb sledge hammer

shakeyj77@yahoo.com thankyou

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

could be why it was a good price and pre-coated, but it didn't look like it had ever been bolted up, I mean I had to grind off some coating just to get the header's together

apriliaforum expert Alice Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangerider2
    Yes, the early ones did have fit problems, sorry to say.
    Iv'e fitted maybe 20.....all fit the same ?

Duc you have suitably titled email.............
    SHOP : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RACE-SXV?_rdc=1
    Facebook Page :http://www.facebook.com/AliceRacing2001
    info@aliceracing.com
    Agents for and importers/ exporters of:
    Official RRV Aprilia Challenge parts
    Silmoto & Arrow Exhausts
    Iceparts Tripleclamps & Quickshifters
    SXV RXV MXV Race maps, developed on the race track, not on a dyno......

the only thing I have left to try (per email) is loosening the rear flange, I just can't get to the inside, bolt. A 1/4 in wobbler is the only f'n tool I don't have in the shop

The first generation would fit so tight, that i would see them rip like a beer can, any stress, to the sub-frame, would cause this. Second generation, this was solved.

Take an old wrench, put a torch to it and bend it, the wrench that is.

I'm heading home for some chow and if I don't have one their I will be torching away

problem solved just need to loosen the rear header flange, guess I shoulda asked the pro's 1st thing this morning

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Time for some pics duc!!!!!