Thread: 375cc Big bore kit on Ebay UK

375cc Big bore kit on Ebay UK

It is not mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=300108234723

Looks like it uses Wiseco Yamaha Blaster 200 Pistons

apriliaforum Member
    Hi, just bid up to 400 on it..what do you reckon it's worth!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkle
    Hi, just bid up to 400 on it..what do you reckon it's worth!!!!
    A bit more than that i'd imagine.

Can't see it going for what it cost to make.

Notice the crank to match on there too!

I sent him an email about carbs. He said they ran it on standard size carbs. Said it'd be better on bigger ones though!
    Two fingers on the clutch!!

http://www.paulandjeni.co.uk

apriliaforum Member

Talking ive too asked a question

as its more often than not power valve failure that causes soo much damage to these two stroke time bombs

ive asked why he is not making them for sale and ill bet stan doesnt like my question

can you imagine having a bike without that constant fear of a valve dropping into the pot

that alone is saving us nutters a fortune on valves alone.

rs249cc
    i started out with nothing and i still have some left.........though not much now

apriliaforum Junkie JZracecolor.com's Avatar

apriliaforum Member

Talking hey jz

the 1st and only time i owned a ss 300 kit was on an rgv 250 i bought from a friend the rgv was as new and was 10 years old he had owned it since new it never ever never saw rain and in 10 years he did 3,500 miles

so he gets a 300 ss conversion all done by ss and dyno;d putt out 73.9bhp @ rear wheel with a set of arrows fitted.

so i buy bike and its done 1,500 miles since conversion thus 5,000 total fully serviced miles and only fully synthetic silkolene pro 2 race oil used.

so im banking it over in 5th gear @ 120mph and here she blows a stainless steel spacer washer disintegrates causing my engine to be totally fooked cept for the gearbox.

shit happened that day all righty

rofl

howie
    i started out with nothing and i still have some left.........though not much now

apriliaforum Member

stan replied as expected

bit harsh really wonder if he'll post next question i asked

Quote Originally Posted by JZracecolor.com

That cracked me up
    Don't worry, I can fix it.

apriliaforum Member

wtf HOW MUCH....................950.00 GBP

SO STANLEY STEPHENS IS A KNOB CHEESE AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HE SAYS HE WONT BE DOING THESE KITS AS TOO MUCH TIME TO MAKE THEM YET THIS SECOND HAND KIT SOLD FOR 950 GBP AND HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING NOW ALLEGEDLY

BOTH HIM AND THE HONDA GURU TUNER FRANK WRATHALL DONT WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE KITS DEVELOP PROBLEMS EXCEPT TAKE YOUR MONEY FOR NEW PARTS

rs249cc and staying that way

apriliaforum expert
    Early 300 kits had failures caused by the piston tipping into the exhaust port. The Wiseco piston design was changed a few years ago to fix this, and people with 300 kits since then have had no real problems (beyond the ususal 2-stroke problems) and the engines should last as long as the regular 250s.

Dave Cooper makes a much better 300kit though, with head inserts for the DC heads, and machined from billet power valves specially designed for the 300 kit (they have a different shape from the DC 250 valves). Dave can also uprate your crank with some Japanese racing con-rods and bigger silver-cage big-end bearings that make the crank last longer.

Don't know about the 375kit though - If it hasn't had lots of hours of testing then I would steer clear of it. However due to changes in the SS400 rules in the UK, 2-strokes are allowed to compete with possibly up to 400cc capacity, so expect to see all sorts of big bore kits in the 300-400cc region as a lot of tuners are looking at doing stuff like this, some using stroked cranks etc... Personally I would stick a RD350/ypvs engine in there for anything over 300cc.