Thread: Power Commander Install - 04 Tuono

apriliaforum prov-nov

Question Power Commander Install - 04 Tuono

Guys, your assistance is needed once again. I have just installed my new power commander on my 04 Tuono. Within the wiring pack is what looks like an exhaust gas sensor and connecting cable. This is not mentioned in the instructions - is this used on my bike ?

Thanks
    Monty

I don't recall getting one of those with mine, which model PCIII have you got?

You should haved either the 902-411 (mille 99-03) or the 907-411 (Tuono 02-05)

If you have the 980-411 (RSVR 04-07) or the 923-411 (Tuono 06-07) it won't work, they use a completely different engine management system.

It sounds to me as if you have been sent the 908-411 for an '04, same as your exhaust.
    Last edited by Batfastard; 04-28-2007 at 10:28 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfastard
    I don't recall getting one of those with mine, which model PCIII have you got?

You should haved either the 902-411 (mille 99-03) or the 907-411 (Tuono 02-05)

If you have the 980-411 (RSVR 04-07) or the 923-411 (Tuono 06-07) it won't work, they use a completely different engine management system.

It sounds to me as if you have been sent the 908-411 for an '04, same as your exhaust.
    The info with the unit says it's for an 03 Tuono - I got a full refund on the exhaust thank god !

Should be OK then.

I fitted mine a year or so ago, difficult to remember.

There are two plugs that go into the injector wiring, one to the battery negative, and another clips into the loom somewhere(?)

If you are stuck PM me, I'll ride over tomorrow and you can check how mine is wired up.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfastard
    Should be OK then.

I fitted mine a year or so ago, difficult to remember.

There are two plugs that go into the injector wiring, one to the battery negative, and another clips into the loom somewhere(?)

If you are stuck PM me, I'll ride over tomorrow and you can check how mine is wired up.
    Thanks for the offer, I'm all wired up ok - the instructions were simple enough. The issue was that they don't show the gas sensor that AF1 supplied in with the kit.

2-2 Akras have now left the USA so it wont be long before the bike will go again.

Should see a big difference, new pipes, reneagade air box conversion, 16 tooth front cog and the power commander !!!

lookin' forward to using it again

Quote Originally Posted by monty03
    Thanks for the offer, I'm all wired up ok - the instructions were simple enough. The issue was that they don't show the gas sensor that AF1 supplied in with the kit.

2-2 Akras have now left the USA so it wont be long before the bike will go again.

Should see a big difference, new pipes, reneagade air box conversion, 16 tooth front cog and the power commander !!!

lookin' forward to using it again
    dude with all that new gear u might want a seat belt on there somewhere
    the one and only original hairy,any attempts at copying will fail ,
    cause araihead stuck his finger up a woodpeckers hole,

and the woodpecker said god bless ur soul,

pull it out
    pull it out

apriliaforum prov-nov

GRIN for ear to ear

Quote Originally Posted by hairy
    dude with all that new gear u might want a seat belt on there somewhere
    I wont need a seat belt, just some thing to remove the GRIN !!

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,

could you please send me photos of the wiring??? In another thread
    I described that I messed the wires. PLEEEAAASSEEE

Thanks,

Martin