Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see the race bike paint...

That's flipping sick. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhackman
    tech will probably still hassle me about the plate size... we will see sooner than later though. you know how it is... you get all your stuff ready ... get up there ... go into tech and they say ... no .. no ... nope ... that 'aint gonna' work.... go see 'vendor-x' and get a $500 bucks worth of stuff we just told you you need
    Bring the rulebook; it only says 10 by 12. In the same section later on it notes the unit of measurement as inches, but here there's no reference. Get 'em back on technicality.

Derrick, what brand of snow tire are you going to use?

apriliaforum expert derrickhackman's Avatar
    : i checked the weather today and it is calling for 60's and partly cloudy. i am just gonna run the super corses... i hear ya though .. the weather is big question.
    What am I doing now ?

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    do you need a numberplate on both sides, if not you need another headlight decal
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Dude, I posted to the NEAR list to see what they think of the plates and if they will pass tech. Here is the deal ... The front looks OK but I need to have 8-inch numbers. The rear however aint gonna happen ... I will have to use a vertical pie plate sticking off the bike !

I am trying to get them to allow the Toseland numberplate where it is on the side of the bodywork. I may have to forego LRRS for CCS ... I can jump through some hoops but when you have to start putting pie plates on a fine Italian machine you have to draw a line ....
    What am I doing now ?

Why won't the rear plates pass? If that tail section is too small, what are the Kawi's, GSXR's, Honda's, and Yami's doing? They are hella smaller now.

Dude, LRRS changed the requirement....

The tails ection - Its too flat - you will need two verical plate - they can not lay over the tail section (no wrapping) - then because you have plates - you can have 8" numbers.

If you put numbers on the tail as it is - it won't make it through tech.
    the new bikes with the small tails are shot.. .they will have to run the pie plates too.... it is gonna look like a joke up there. never mind about the bike looking lame, now you have to go cutting your bodywork to meet these one-off tech requirements.
    What am I doing now ?

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    fuck lrrs, hopefully everyone will get together and when they see no turnout and no money they might stop and think Hmmmmmmm what happened, i'll tell you what happened, this isn't the fuckin 70's bikes actually have some shape

assholes!!!

i encourage everyone to write to lrrs and tell them to stick it, run wera or ccs
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Dude, I posted to the NEAR list to see what they think of the plates and if they will pass tech. Here is the deal ... The front looks OK but I need to have 8-inch numbers. The rear however aint gonna happen ... I will have to use a vertical pie plate sticking off the bike !

I am trying to get them to allow the Toseland numberplate where it is on the side of the bodywork. I may have to forego LRRS for CCS ... I can jump through some hoops but when you have to start putting pie plates on a fine Italian machine you have to draw a line ....
    i have passed LRRS tech for 3 years with my 600....you worry too much

LRRS EX#149

Sabo (Feb 1, 1999 to July 13, 2007)
    A Loyal Friend & Companion

i put pics of my bike on the NEAR list and got the word from their tech. this is new stuff this year... they are cracking down. i am not sure your bike will get by this year.
    What am I doing now ?

i put pics of my bike on the NEAR list and got the word from their tech. this is new stuff this year... they are cracking down. i am not sure your bike will get by this year.
    two seasons ago they tried telling me i need plates. I said as soon as Jeff Woods has plates on his GSXR I'd be happy to.....they passed me and never an issue again
    LRRS EX#149

Sabo (Feb 1, 1999 to July 13, 2007)
    A Loyal Friend & Companion

yeah, throughout the day i have been finding there are some major grey areas here ... kinda pisses ya off actually. there are more that a few double standards with this stuff.

i am thinking that i put them on the tail and the front and just say something similar to what you mentioned. hell all the new bike tails and tiny ... i can't imagine the experts running bogus pie plates on the sides of their bikes ...
    What am I doing now ?

Tail numbers are 6", front are 8".

http://www.lrrsracing.com/RuleBook/general.htm 5.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by ckruzel
    yeah, they shouldn't be a problem to do, i didn't get a chance to email you back
    Ckruzel - Don't worry about it. I have a track day coming up that i wanted to go to so i have painted it matt black. Do you have something against Australians
    I'm not a Gynecologist, but i'll take a look

Quote Originally Posted by aceyx
    Tail numbers are 6", front are 8".

http://www.lrrsracing.com/RuleBook/general.htm 5.2.4
    Yeah, I know ... and the width is 1-inch and 1-inch between numbers ...

I think I have a solution worked out with LRRS tech.... we will see.

What am I doing now ?

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast