Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see the race bike paint...

apriliaforum expert derrickhackman's Avatar

Lets see the race bike paint...

Ok, because LRRS has the requirement to need billboard sized numberplates, I am going to rattlecan some on instead of using Chris's decals. So lets see your bikes so I can get some cool ideas. I have on '04 and have a few ideas but lets what is out there.

I am figuring of perhaps painting the whole tail, sans the sides, white and then the two front sections white... pretty basic eigh?
    What am I doing now ?

all righty.... i am gonna rattle can the piss out of it tomorrow ... straight forward and to the point. i will post pics when done ...
    What am I doing now ?

Yea... Big numbers just don't make life fun. But you will thank yourself later if you go stickers! Numbers always change for some reason!

To the "State of California" -You can have my "Akrapovic" when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

2010 RSV4 Factory - '09 SXV550
    '02 R1, '04 RSVR, '02 RSV

apriliaforum expert Crazy Horse's Avatar
    Have you raced before?

first year/season .... rookie piece of fresh meat

i am going to just paint the plates and get the numbers as decals from Chris. if the numbers change so be it... the plates may change color if I do enough racing ... we will see.
    Last edited by derrickhackman; 03-30-2007 at 10:02 PM.
    What am I doing now ?

apriliaforum expert Crazy Horse's Avatar
    Kewl, have fun and becareful. You may want to use yellow instead of white for the plates.

that would make sense in a 'normal' world but LRRS uses white plates and red numbers for 'novice'. The standard WERA / CCS yellow amateur background is used in LRRS 'amateur' and white again in expert.

Also, a LRRS amateur is a CCS or WERA amateur so the plate color can change between races (if you go from CCS to WERA to LRRS).

Maybe I will just get some vinyl just to make swapping plates easy should I be heading south ...
    What am I doing now ?

paint is on and the masking tape is off. other than a little overspray I have to clean up ... it came out pretty darn good for a hacker like me

i have some small black pinstriping i will apply on the edges then take some photos.
    What am I doing now ?

OK here it is ....

and the front ...

not bad ...
    What am I doing now ?

That looks pretty sweet man, nice job
    every man dies. not every man really lives

thanks sodark
    What am I doing now ?

Looks good. I have my body work done. I have to wait till I get to the track to put the stickers on. I tried to get some from CKruzel, but, haven't heard anything from him. I have the bodywork with me here in Maine. I'm hoping to bring it back down to PA this weekend and mount it up. When I do, I'll post some picks. May 5/6 at Summit is just around the corner now.

By the way, I'm not going to run any LRRS stuff. I'll be back in PA this summer most likely and to to be honest I really don't want to run Loudon or LRRS. The logistics of bringing my bike and gear up to Maine would be a nightmare. Not worth doing a race for out of region points on a track I really don't care to race. I'll probably swing up there to spectate though. If I do, I'll be seeing you there.

Dug206, LRRS has some crazy requirements around plate size this is why I opted to go with the paint (vinyl would be tough). I talk with Chris a lot and we agreed paint would make the most sense due to the amount of area needing to be covered. With vinyl I would most likely get wrinkles and laying it flat would be a 'biatch'.

I know he has been ultra ULTRAbusy with work (read decals after getting home from his full-time job).
    What am I doing now ?

nice job on the paint.

just a quick heads up though. i'm not sure if your gonna hit a wera race but if you do you'll have to adjust the front fairing paint job. wera wants the numbers across the front, not the sides like Waxerdog has on his bike. they are cracking down this year on the number plates.

i just don't understand why LRRS wants to be so different/difficult with plates. IMHO they should have the same rules that CCS has with the plates. yellow=novice and white =expert, but, i guess that would make too much sense.

oh, and btw, i think that you should be able to buy 93 octane anywhere you frickin want. not just at the racetrack ORDERED to do so by your racing org.

sorry for the .

goodluck this season.
    Formerly WERA 988
    03R Street/race
    03 Standard, had Jet City Racer's SB engine
    04 RSVR race
    04 Tuono
    08 Bol D'Or

Thanks farvao3R

All these rules ... makes street racing look appealing although I don't like the idea of coming off and hitting a tree.... that could hurt.
    What am I doing now ?

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast