Gilles Black Adjustable Rear Sets
    Galfer RSV Wavey Disk
    Carbon Hugger
    Custom made Braided Brake Hoses
    Stan Stephans Tune (wanktakuclar)
    Ohlins Forks
    Ktm/Beringer Caliper

apriliaforum expert paulmeldrum's Avatar
    the clever bastard, i wonder how much he will make from that once he has it perfected!!!!????

HYOSUNG GT650R : DONE SO FAR
    viper venom carbon can
    tcs jek kit
    bmc high flow air filter
    single seat pod
    mini indicators
    carbon firbre yoke protector
    wheel rim tape
    dhm swing arm bobbins

3 times the strokes, 1/3 of the power? doesnt seem that clever to me lol

(computers too slow so i havnt read it yet)
    click thy LINK for thy shizzle

only problem i can think of is the water will rust up the barrel!
    R.I.P Spike

Aprilia Yorkshire motorcycle spares and accessories
    Peter Knight
    PJ engineering
    FastTrack Motocycles

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Aprilia
    It needs to be like when a man makes love to a woman, speed and endurance are the key to a wet minge, 2 pumps and a squirt aint good enough.

May the force be with you
    Aprilia SL1000 Falco

Quote Originally Posted by iron chef
    3 times the strokes, 1/3 of the power? doesnt seem that clever to me lol

(computers too slow so i havnt read it yet)
    instead of 1 power stroke every 4 strokes theres 2 power strokes every 6 strokes, so surely theres more power

and how is 6 strokes 3 times more strokes than 4 lol

My Rides:
    2001 RS125 | 1989 VFR400
    ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

You got to have a dream, If you don't have a dream, How you gonna have a dream come true?

Visit SportsBikesUK.com

Check out

www.sixstroke.com

This guys been trying to get his invention off the ground for 20 years. He even pitched it to Ducati a while back but they stuck with their own valve technology.

He's built a six stroke Ducati and had an ex Aussie ducati racer test it back to back with his own bike and while the rider felt he wasnt any faster, his lap times were apparently better.

I saw this guy in Australia about 7 years ago and this thread reminded me about his work so I did a search and found his website. Seems as though he's still having trouble selling it to the big boys even though its a solid proven technology.

Hope its of some interest.
    03 Tuono daily ride
    05 RSV Factory
    CBR600 track bike
    06 Hussqvarna TE510R
    04 Husaberg 450 motocross

apriliaforum expert
    Nice read that mate, interesting concept

The article talks about doing away with the heavy radiator and cooling system, but as the volume of water injected is greater than the volume of fuel used for a combustion cycle it'll have to carry a (bigger) water tank as well as a fuel tank.

Rob

apriliaforum newb

Apreciative Guest

Greetings from Melbourne Australia guys,

Firstly, congratulations on a great Forum.

Thank you Christos for your www.sixstroke.com mention.

Your observations about Malcolm Beare's Six Stroke Cylinder Head are almost correct, the truth about this amazing invention having disapeared from circulation during the past 5 years can be found in http://www.sixstroke.com/truth.htm, the good news is however, that despite the legal challenges currently being dealt with, and regardless of the great lengths which some unscrupulous parties are stooping to in an attempt to stop Malcolm Beare from further advancing this incredible ICE breakthrough, Malcolm and his new support team are making huge leaps in progressive development of his invention.

Some revolutionary lessons are being taught by this device, and some perplexing questions are emerging as a result of the unique function of this concept.
    Here are some interesting discoveries/questions: 1) during the full load stress of the latest Burnout filmed earlier this year, our AFR meters registered between 17-18 to one parts of air to each part of standard pump fuel? 2) the digital temperature probe pointed at the exaust dump pipe immediately exiting the cylinder head during the burnout, measured some 70 degrees cooler than the factory Yamaha 500 poppet valved bike under light load, being used for comparison? 3) the additional torque generated by the new Beare Head six stroke cylinder head tested totally eclipsed all previous power tests, the shear torque punishment this version was exerting upon the drive train during the slow rpm (750rpm) burnout under tire melting load, caused both the gearbox and clutch to spit the dummy.
    ( very rear for the normaly bulletproof Yamaha XT/TT 500)

Stay tuned for more progressive updates about Malcolm Beare and his amazing Aussie invention.

Let us all join hands in saluting the humble inventors of this world, lord knows that without them we would all be still riding donkeys.

Thanks again guys,

Steve

apriliaforum newb

6 stroke engine

Greetings from Melbourne Australia guys,

Firstly, congratulations on a great Forum.

Thank you Christos for your www.sixstroke.com mention.

Your observations about Malcolm Beare's Six Stroke Cylinder Head are almost correct, the truth about this amazing invention having disapeared from circulation during the past 5 years can be found in http://www.sixstroke.com/truth.htm, the good news is however, that despite the legal challenges currently being dealt with, and regardless of the great lengths which some unscrupulous parties are stooping to in an attempt to stop Malcolm Beare from further advancing this incredible ICE breakthrough, Malcolm and his new support team are making huge leaps in progressive development of his invention.

Some revolutionary lessons are being taught by this device, and some perplexing questions are emerging as a result of the unique function of this concept.
    Here are some interesting discoveries/questions: 1) during the full load stress of the latest Burnout filmed earlier this year, our AFR meters registered between 17-18 to one parts of air to each part of standard pump fuel? 2) the digital temperature probe pointed at the exaust dump pipe immediately exiting the cylinder head during the burnout, measured some 70 degrees cooler than the factory Yamaha 500 poppet valved bike under light load, being used for comparison? 3) the additional torque generated by the new Beare Head six stroke cylinder head tested totally eclipsed all previous power tests, the shear torque punishment this version was exerting upon the drive train during the slow rpm (750rpm) burnout under tire melting load, caused both the gearbox and clutch to spit the dummy.
    ( very rear for the normaly bulletproof Yamaha XT/TT 500)

Stay tuned for more progressive updates about Malcolm Beare and his amazing Aussie invention.

Let us all join hands in saluting the humble inventors of this world, lord knows that without them we would all be still riding donkeys.

Thanks again guys,

Steve

and in my experience cast parts tend to disagree with suddenly being cooled and contracting. Seems like a poinless exercise to take it any further than the bench design he's already got. It will slowly destroy the rings, valves, water will end up in the lubricating oil. Flawed to say the least

thanks for that

I'll keep an eye on his progress. I've wondered about the Beare cylinder head a few times in the past year or so (usually whilst fixing the head on my Husaberg 650 thumper) but it was only when I read this thread that I thought to investigate again.

I saw Malcome as a guest speaker a few years back at a small monthly gathering of innovative thinkers group in South Australia. He came across as a genuinely good guy and I really hoped he would succeed after hearing his story and seeing his efforts. All the best to him.
    03 Tuono daily ride
    05 RSV Factory
    CBR600 track bike
    06 Hussqvarna TE510R
    04 Husaberg 450 motocross

where is the advantage here?

So far :

replaced a radiator with a water tank

added moving parts

cooled exhaust temperature (why are people heat wrapping if cool is better?)

wetting the plug (something I'm struggling to get a grip on)

Combined a two and four to make a six stroke, what element of the 2 stroke has been incorperated?

surely increased the likely hood of seizure?

enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by AndyS_RS
    where is the advantage here?

So far :

replaced a radiator with a water tank

added moving parts

cooled exhaust temperature (why are people heat wrapping if cool is better?)

wetting the plug (something I'm struggling to get a grip on)

Combined a two and four to make a six stroke, what element of the 2 stroke has been incorperated?

surely increased the likely hood of seizure?

enlighten me
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS_RS
    and in my experience cast parts tend to disagree with suddenly being cooled and contracting. Seems like a poinless exercise to take it any further than the bench design he's already got. It will slowly destroy the rings, valves, water will end up in the lubricating oil. Flawed to say the least

thats exactly what i was about to say, the life of the engine would be really short and reliability shit.The firs thing i thought when i read it was, what will happen to the spark plug, the oil will mix with the water and what will happen to a hot piston when you spray water on it...from physics a material changes its size when cold and hot, so what happens to it when you constantly heating and cooling it. it does not make sence.
    Last edited by msta809; 03-19-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msta809
    thats exactly what i was about to say, the life of the engine would be really short and reliability shit.The firs thing i thought when i read it was, what will happen to the spark plug, the oil will mix with the water and what will happen to a hot piston when you spray water on it...from physics a material changes its size when cold and hot, so what happens to it when you constantly heating and cooling it. it does not make sence.

the first one was a diesle, so no sparky. i cant see why it could not work, wont be the best performance engine ever but it will cut the fuel consumption down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast