Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: please read this before installing a PC3 or updating your ECU

apriliaforum newb

Talking Thank you Amauri

I guest no throthle reset.
    Send me a pm when you have time about installing kit.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    Make sure variant-2 is set (map-2).

apriliaforum newb

Talking Got Rid off Power Comander (2007 RSV) Thanks Amauri

Amauri:

I followed your advice and got rid of power commander. Even though it did not produce better max power (113.56hp vs 113.22hp), it fixed a power drop I had around 6500rpm. Also I noticed an small increase in torque (+2) between 6500 and 8000 rpm. I am a little disconcer about the low results (SAE) but that is what the dynojet showed. Is there anyway to play with the installed software (AXONE) to improve results? I am still interesting to get details on purchasing the Big Bore Kit you promote. Thanks in advance for your time and contribution to Aprilia riders

The 09 is the same as the 06, nothing has changed from 06-09 on the RSVR.
    Refer to my list of file names on the top of this thread.

As I explained, map2 is the name most use to refer to "engine variant 2"
    Your mechanic needs to read the manuals from Aprilia and learn about the AXONE and the updates.
    Today my dealer told me that they unable to switch anything with AXONE. They said - there is nothing to switch. I even don't know what to do and how to force them to do something.

I got RSVR 06 with aprilia akra cans (shipped with them from USA to Russia) and just wanted to check whether the map2 is switched on.

apriliaforum newb
    You should check with Amauri but all aprilias has two variance modes.

Quote Originally Posted by muffler View Post
    Today my dealer told me that they unable to switch anything with AXONE. They said - there is nothing to switch. I even don't know what to do and how to force them to do something.

I got RSVR 06 with aprilia akra cans (shipped with them from USA to Russia) and just wanted to check whether the map2 is switched on.

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    No need to check with me.
    Just a find dealer that knows how to work on these bikes, the one you went to obviously doesn't.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

No need to check with me.
    Just a find dealer that knows how to work on these bikes, the one you went to obviously doesn't.
    unfortunately here is only one dealer in Moscow and only it got all necessary equipment

can i ship only ECU for example to Finland (there is one good aprilia dealer) or UK

hi all, i live in Malaysia. currently i have a 2004 rsv and just done about 2000 km. what i have done now is i put a slip-on two brothers exhaust that is before used on a kawasaki zx14 and change the map to map 2 at aprilia dealer. my question is, is it ok for what i have done? are there anything i can do to improve my bike performance?

thanks

hi all, i've had install pc3 and i get a good response from the throttle and low RPM. im just want confirm with all the forumers here, thats is my workshop told that i must install the O2 sensor with the PC3 to make the it better. and if dont install it, there will be an error on the display. is it? any comment from all of you here?

thanks....

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    First off, since you have an 04 model, you should check to see what version ECU software you have.
    As stated on the first post, ECU software #664582 ran poorly and must be updated.

Setting to map variant 2 is all you need to install the PC3.
    Yes the OČ must remain in place to avoid the EFI error on the dash.

When correctly set to map 2, you do not need the DynoJet OČ eliminator module supplied by DJ (little black box).
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

apriliaforum newb

Yet another question...

Thanks for all the clarifications in this thread. However, here's yet another question on the subject:
    Is the Engine version 2 mapping for all slip-ons other than the original?
    In the Aprilia documentation that came with my Aprilia Accessories Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Parts no. 8797221) it says that version 1 should be used with Homologated Exhausts and that version 2 is to used with Aprilia Accessories Exhaust.

Now, the confusing part is that The Aprilia Accessories slip-ons are homologated with regard to noise and emissions...

Does this mean that it should run with the engine version 1 map with noise dampers mounted and with version 2 when the dampers are removed (if I can ever removed them as they seem to be extremely tightly fitted with the cans...)?

Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Thanks for all the clarifications in this thread. However, here's yet another question on the subject:
    Is the Engine version 2 mapping for all slip-ons other than the original?
    In the Aprilia documentation that came with my Aprilia Accessories Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (Parts no. 8797221) it says that version 1 should be used with Homologated Exhausts and that version 2 is to used with Aprilia Accessories Exhaust.

Now, the confusing part is that The Aprilia Accessories slip-ons are homologated with regard to noise and emissions...

Does this mean that it should run with the engine version 1 map with noise dampers mounted and with version 2 when the dampers are removed (if I can ever removed them as they seem to be extremely tightly fitted with the cans...)?

Ride safe!
    The Aprilia runs best with Accessories slip-ons and other slip ons (without cat)on map 2. to lean otherways!

No problem removing the db killers!

mcjongs

apriliaforum newb
    help required my ecu went wrong with only 4000 miles on the clock of my tuono r 2007 got hold of a second hand one from the states recently had arrow titanium slip on end cans fitted before original ecu packed up,second hand ecu fitted bike seems too run fine so is it possible it was remapped and if not what faults would i occur in the running of the bike

It it was still on map 1 it could run lean. Chances are that it is on MAP 2 as many people fit aftermarket slipons and as a result have the ECU switched to map 2.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

apriliaforum newb
    diolch ,cheers for that

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How can I tell what map I'm on? I purchased the bike with the PC3 installed, so I'm not sure.
    Thanks

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast