Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: please read this before installing a PC3 or updating your ECU

Question Ok now for the last 400km except...

Quote Originally Posted by mcjongs View Post
    Hi John

The bike is new! and only ran 267km! The Oil is OK!

I will put back the original exhaust or try it with the Akra slip on with noise killers in (close to same back pressure as originals?) and try it again, just waiting for the weather to be better. (-2 and snow today)
    I'm also thinking of one valve not sealing properly or burnt due to too lean mix but I will not think too much about it at the time being, it is hardly possible after such a short drive and with that cold ambient temp...

Jon in Norway :-)
    I have run it for 750km now with out any misfiring, it might have been some water or condense maybe... The only failure is still that the left turn signal goes on and as well as the high beam blue indicator flashes on the dash, while revving it over 7-8k on the road. One dealer told me that it could be a service thing that they could fix with the Axone but I doubt it.

When now also the blue high beam indicator flashes I believe it must be something else than the left handlebar switch assy.

It's kind of cool though? when pulling hard when passing cars etc. the high beams goes automatically on as well as the left turn signal...her I come...keep clear....
    Well, I must try to have a dealer to fix it under warranty.

mcjongs

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have cored my pipes,left cats in ,have a pc3 and CO2 bypass switch because we i cant switch from map1 to map2 also a k&n airfilter.
    I have got the closest Map which came with the pc3 and it seems to run fine,would it be worth putting it on the dyno? to map it better if possible?
    Oh yea its an 04 model.

Quote Originally Posted by NZBRITTEN View Post
    I have cored my pipes,left cats in ,have a pc3 and CO2 bypass switch because we i cant switch from map1 to map2 also a k&n airfilter.
    I have got the closest Map which came with the pc3 and it seems to run fine,would it be worth putting it on the dyno? to map it better if possible?
    Oh yea its an 04 model.
    To believe and feel as well as "seems to" is never the same as knowing.

Go for dyno but here is a misunderstanding somtimes because some people think that dyno is good in it self but the important thing is that the dyno responsible person understand and know how to do a good map&set up on a Pc. Drivability is important.
    I have wired up the Motty self mapping tuner but I have to wait untill I have activated map 2 before I can use it and I therefore I do not know the result of it yet but hopefully I can get a good milage and best power combination.

I think the PC also have self mapping now. With self mapping systems you decide the AFR, not a %age change in one map cell.

If someone has imput& experience for AFR values on a chart like this pls. give me advice?

mcjongs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mcjongs; 04-27-2009 at 06:52 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I just purchaed a PCIII for my 04 factory from AF1, should arrive later this week. I have the slip on Aprilia titanium cans. My bike was switched to map 2 by the dealer, who also said he loaded the latest map. Unfortunately I do not know what number the "latest map" is. lets assume it's 664586. Which map should I load up in the PCIII first? If I have 664584 loaded, which should I try first? I see most of the maps on Dyno Jets website say they are for euopean models. Is this mapping due to differences in the bike or fuel? My bike is rediculously choppy below 4000 rpm at constant throttle and low speed, and my goal is to correct this. Is this choppyness due to lean conditions? I will take the bike in soon to have my throttles balanced and full mapping done on a dyno, but I would like to get it close from the start. If anyone has experience with same bike, same cans, help would be appreciated.

mike

I'm really contimplating getting a pcIII. I was wondering what the power increase would be & all the benefits are. i have a 2007 rsv with tigcraft slipons & bmc air filter. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2004 rsv sold
    2007.5 rsv in the stable

Quote Originally Posted by NJRSVR View Post
    I'm really contimplating getting a pcIII. I was wondering what the power increase would be & all the benefits are. i have a 2007 rsv with tigcraft slipons & bmc air filter. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The power increase I believe is maybe 2-3% as a maximum compared to an engine running std map2 with PC or any other box allowing remapping.

The whole reason to have a power commander must be to re-map "your" particular engine with the add-ons you have put on it.

I might be corrected here but until that I will say that the benefit is limited in respect of measured power increase. It is more to correct an uneven torque the ad-ons can lead to and to get rid of possible lean spots.

The best value for money might be to change sprocket from 16 to 15 front and use some open slip ons with map 2. I had to use the DB killers on my new Akrapovic cans on the track the other day and I must say it really did not matter. I have never driven that fast on that track ever! My former 2000/5 Mille pulled out 123,5 hp on the rear wheel and was set up properly but my new Factory is awesome in a close to std condition except 15/42 gearing Akra slip ons and a Motty AFR tuner. I can not see that the corrections are very substantial but I will have a look at the actual injector map created by the Motty to check. My AFR values on the log files are very seldom above 15, mainly always below 14 and close to 13. So it is in the correct areas wrt. driveability and close to the target which I have programmed it to be within.

mcjongs

Thanks for that reply. it did help me out alot. thanks again
    2004 rsv sold
    2007.5 rsv in the stable

apriliaforum newb

navigator

bro i have been helping out in the aprilia garage the chap thaT handels the navigator did a runner with a really cute girl, which lest every body in the poooooooooh today i need to change to map two use the navigatore
    it seams to download the map but i cant see any change when i look at the icu,
    any tips rsv 2009 acropovic and filter kn
    your mate sal

apriliaforum prov-nov
    So has anyone got a Dyno Graph they can put up to show what the difference or Gain is when one converts from a standard 04, to PCIII,K&N and Cored pipes please.

apriliaforum Member
    HI all,
    I have a 09 RSV and new slip-ons. I whent to dealer to switch to map2 but dealer is not familiar with the rsv maps.. So I tried to explain the MAP2 functionality and he understood but then we looked at map files available and nothing refers to MAP2. He then suggested to put a PCIII on the the bike and it would be ok. I then re-explained that the bike had to be switched to MAP2 in order to receive a PCIII and run properly!! We contacted the 2 other dealers who sell Ape's here in quebec and none of them are familiar with RSV's mapping (mine been the only one sold here in 2 years, you don't see one at every corner). So can someone tell me witch file# we should use for MAP2 on my 09?? they are 10 files on his computer....

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    The 09 is the same as the 06, nothing has changed from 06-09 on the RSVR.
    Refer to my list of file names on the top of this thread.

As I explained, map2 is the name most use to refer to "engine variant 2"
    Your mechanic needs to read the manuals from Aprilia and learn about the AXONE and the updates.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    The 09 is the same as the 06, nothing has changed from 06-09 on the RSVR.
    Refer to my list of file names on the top of this thread.

As I explained, map2 is the name most use to refer to "engine variant 2"
    Your mechanic needs to read the manuals from Aprilia and learn about the AXONE and the updates.
    thanks, and yes he has to go back to his books!!!! I'll try to help him... at least the switch will be at their expense considering I whent there for nothing!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi @ all!

I am new and from germany, so please apologies for my english.

I have installed a Akrapovic EVO-1 complete exhaust, this one Click
    and have no idea which map is the best for it.
    The pipe are the same as the EVO-6, but the linkpipes are different,
    they have catalytic converters in it and the hexagonal muffler is longer.
    I think the problem is, that the EVO-1 has catalytic converters,
    otherwise i could take the EVO-6 mapping.

Have any one any experience with the EVO-1 and different mappings and could report about it?
    Last edited by Stosi; 08-21-2009 at 03:29 AM.

apriliaforum newb

Amauri

I will follow your advice and remove the PC I have on 2007 RSV with Leo Vince Splis-ons I recently bought. Bike is on map 2 and currently (with PC) is producing Max 113hp and 56 torque (SAE). Do I have to do anything else other that uninstall the PC? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    Your label shows ECU software 266536

I know there are many opinions about the need for a PC3 on these bikes but unless you have major mods like piston kit or a poor design exhaust without proper backpressure, you just don't need it.

The problem is that those who have had the PC3 installed in many cases didn't have the bike properly setup with the ECU updates and map2 setting, the PC3 was used to correct an incorrect initial setup.

I know that many will disagree with me but how many of us have an AXONE and know how to use it for themselves?
    Most rely on what their dealers tell them and IMO that is not always reliable or sometimes misunderstood.

Anyway, before spending money on the custom mapped PC3, make sure the ECU and TBs are properly setup.

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Make sure variant-2 is set (map-2).
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast