Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Futura and Caponord dash repair

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Glad to inform that I managed to solve the problem by using alcohol to clean the contact points. Hooray

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    My Right side LCD display is very weak. So I stripped it and see if there is anything I can replace. Nothing much I know how to do. So I assemble back and now the Odometer display is gone. Have I damage anything?Attachment 345407.
    Back to my Dashboard again. Anyone knows how to repair the fading display on the right side. I was told this is common problem because of sunlight.

apriliaforum newb
    Greetings all I am a new Proud ETV 1000 caponord owner, with that being said I am having a dash issue That goes away when the bike warms up or sits in the sun all gauges work. Would be appropriate first Direction be to try the zener diode jumper? Or is there another known weak link that warms up and connects? While under power if I jumper from one side of the panel to the other with a clip-on connection it does not resolve the issue however if I run a jumper from power to pin 17/18 bridge on IC chip all lights light up. Thank you for any and all insight. Nito

NitoYo, getting the dash out is tedious and the dash buttons or dash plastic
    or dial pointers can get damaged.

Seems it might be prudent to do both the capacitor changes & via/feedthru fix.
    Some even reflowed most of the solder joints. Be careful not to overheat and lift solder pads.
    Good luck.
    '02 Futura, Blue
    90k miles and all is well.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Meanstrk,

You dont have a high res photo of the left hand side of the PCB at all? im trying to find the SMD resistor value for the far top left resistor in the red circle below. Mine fell off through age I assume and I need to replace. (2001 ETV 1000)

An assistance would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcb resistor.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	347143

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920