• AF1 Racing 2012 RSV4-R APRC Racebike Build

Doing this project for a customer on the East coast.

brand new 2012 RSV4R in black

adding
    Catalyst Bodywork
    Leo Vince full system
    Race Mapping
    Ohlins cartridge kit for the Sachs (just arrived in USA)
    Ohlins TTX shock Gen 2
    Ohlins damper
    520 chain kit
    Rizoma rearsets with a GP shift mod
    GB case guards -- both sides
    Graves framesliders
    safety wire, coolant flush

got it all torn down, and have been working on the build back up the past few days. I weighed it completely stock with battery (no gas), and passenger pegs, and it weighed 446 lbs. Curious to what it will weigh when we are done.

some pics....I forgot to take a picture all-stock, but here they are:

This article was originally published in forum thread: a AF1 Racing 2012 RSV4-R APRC Racebike Build started by Ed / AF1 Racing View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
      boostenmkiv -
      Awesome, thank you Ed and Slothfryk!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
      Does not get hot enough to melt zipties....I used the thickest ones I had....ours made it all season mounted there.....cools decently there.
      RRMAN -
      got the weight down to 420lbs, same fuel load as pre-build

With a bit more money and lots more time, I bet we could get one to 400 lbs. There is lots of extra wiring on these bike for a racebike build. Lightweight clip-on, real forged magnesium wheels would save a bunch over these cast alloys, along with more alloy fasteners in non-critical areas, and maybe some Ti bolts on the big bolts and axles. Factory magnesium covers, and run no framesliders
      How much weight was saved by swapping the exhaust?
      SubZero -
      put the V regulator at the very front along with APRC box

zip tie the regulator to the front of the upper bracket, for the APRC box, I just took off the horn from its bracket, and mounted the APRC box there with one nut/bolt....its secure

Ted just copied me on a racebike he is building, and I kind of like his wire routing a little better....I had the APRC wiring going along the subframe neck with the regulator wiring, and he kept just the APRC wiring lower under the damper not zip tied to the neck with the regulator wiring.
      Hello Ed,

Any pictures of how you mounted the APRC box? I will still need the horn for my bike, but I'll be fitting race fairings soon.
      rsv4mark -
      I am trying to install Catalyst bodywork on my '10 RSV4 Factory. Any tips on how to get the tail section on? I am having no luck - that bodywork is extremely stiff and heavy and I can't get it to flex enough to get around the tail. Oh, and I'm using the superbike tail with a foam seat pad, not the stock seat.
      boostenmkiv -
      SubZero, Isn't the APRC box shown in the 3rd picture on page 2 of this thread? Right below the regulator

post here - http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post3081110

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
      Hello Ed,

Any pictures of how you mounted the APRC box? I will still need the horn for my bike, but I'll be fitting race fairings soon.
      SubZero -
      Quote Originally Posted by boostenmkiv View Post
      SubZero, Isn't the APRC box shown in the 3rd picture on page 2 of this thread? Right below the regulator

post here - http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post3081110
      Thanks for the heads up mate. I think I might have missed it! I thought they all showed pictures of the Regulator.

In any case, I don't think I can mount there as Ed mentioned removing the horn? I will still need my horn... Hmmm....

Any suggestions?
      shanes -
      i just finished fitting mine there fits perfect :-}} cheers Ed
      boostenmkiv -
      Longer Bolt?

I don't think I can mount there as Ed mentioned removing the horn? I will still need my horn... Hmmm....

Any suggestions?
      SubZero -
      Quote Originally Posted by boostenmkiv View Post
      Longer Bolt?
      I guess I will have to try that first. I'm not competent with tools, and I don't want to fuck up this expensive bike. Will get the chap fitting the race fairings to do it, and watch him like a hawk!
      RRMAN -
      What happened? Any updates? How much does the stock exhaust weigh vs aftermarket one installed?
      Ed / AF1 Racing -
      Quote Originally Posted by RRMAN View Post
      What happened? Any updates? How much does the stock exhaust weigh vs aftermarket one installed?
      I didnt weigh them....I guess it saved a good 8-10 lbs. Bike is with customer on East Coast, and has already done one trackday with it. So far, so good.
      mamat82 -
      nice bike
      LiquideShiver -
      Awesome !!
      Micah / AF1 Racing -
      Here is Ed's latest street V4 creation...look closely and definitely click on pics you like to get the higher resolution versions of the files which look MUCH cleaner than what displays on the forum!
      Davy_Baby9 -
      That's a sexy looking bike.
      fastmike -
      Are you guys selling that R&G carbon tank guard on the website?? Looks pretty sweet. I'd have to sand and spray it satin, but a small price to pay. Thanks.

Bike looks pretty sweet as well. Too shiny though, it needs some road debris on it from some well deserved customer use!! Throw some bugs on the front of it for good measure, that will make it a proper looking bike.
      SubZero -
      What levers are those? Can't remember see it in the list of mods.
      Velvetjones -
      What levers are those? Can't remember see it in the list of mods.
      Looks like Rizoma
      SubZero -
      Quote Originally Posted by Velvetjones View Post
      Looks like Rizoma
      Yup, you're right. Googled it. It's Rizoma.. Looks nice.
      motopup -
      Nice seat!
      Standard?