PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Haga replica stolen 10-19-06

Deviate
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Yep. It was there with three locks on it at 2am when I went to bed. At 10am when I woke up, it was gone.

I'll post pics, but it's basically just a Haga replica with a Sargent seat and woodcraft rearsets.

zjdmm1
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Damn man that's awful. I'm guessing that's your craigslist add today also.... I'll keep my eye out for you to the north and east... (plano, mckinney, allen, garland, rowlett, and rockwall). That bike should be hard to miss around here... All I ever see around my area is cruisers and rice rockets...

Deviate
10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Damn man that's awful. I'm guessing that's your craigslist add today also.... I'll keep my eye out for you to the north and east... (plano, mckinney, allen, garland, rowlett, and rockwall). That bike should be hard to miss around here... All I ever see around my area is cruisers and rice rockets...

Yep, that was my ad on craigslist.

Yeah, it sticks out like a sore thumb, even in a sea of other bikes. I took it to the bike meets in Garland on Thursdays a few times, and I saw nothing but necks snapping to look at it as I drove past (even at idling speed).

Here's a few pics, just for a reference:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/Deviate_3s/Haga/DSC02587.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/Deviate_3s/Haga/DSC02589.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/Deviate_3s/Haga/DSC02586.jpg

Thanks for the extra eyes. I could use them.

zjdmm1
10-19-2006, 07:28 PM
I'll be happy to keep an eye out !!! &%*%&*%&^*%$%^ bastards !!!

Although I'm an "old fart" (48) almost all of my friends ride. They ride mostly cruisers and customs but they ride ALL the time and for most of them the bike is their primary mode of transportation.

I'll print the pics and pass them out to my friends so that there are even more eyes out there. Aprilias are scarce on my side of the metroplex and I've never run across a single Aprilia other than my own Falco except for an old Mille Factory and a Tuono one of the few times I've gone to that same bike night you were talking about. If any of us see it on this side of town... the question is... what do want done about it.. Call the cops? or Let you know when/where and let you handle things? Your option...

Deviate
10-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll be happy to keep an eye out !!! &%*%&*%&^*%$%^ bastards !!!

Although I'm an "old fart" (48) almost all of my friends ride. They ride mostly cruisers and customs but they ride ALL the time and for most of them the bike is their primary mode of transportation.

I'll print the pics and pass them out to my friends so that there are even more eyes out there. Aprilias are scarce on my side of the metroplex and I've never run across a single Aprilia other than my own Falco except for an old Mille Factory and a Tuono one of the few times I've gone to that same bike night you were talking about. If any of us see it on this side of town... the question is... what do want done about it.. Call the cops? or Let you know when/where and let you handle things? Your option...

Thanks for the help. If you see someone, please call me. I'll handle things from there. I have many, many friends in most every corner of the metroplex (especially Tarrant county) that could watch over things for me until I get there.

Many thanks,

Lee

kick6
10-20-2006, 09:12 AM
odds are this bike will end up in new orleans. Apparently there's a moto theft ring in our area (ok...so dallas to okc is a bit of a stretch), and they take them all down there.

odds are also that your police are like ours and aren't going to do a damn thing about it. I'm sorry man :( I know just about every aprilia up here so if someone magically shows up to a meet with haga rep fairings I'll be sure to let you know.

Deviate
10-20-2006, 12:13 PM
odds are this bike will end up in new orleans. Apparently there's a moto theft ring in our area (ok...so dallas to okc is a bit of a stretch), and they take them all down there.

odds are also that your police are like ours and aren't going to do a damn thing about it. I'm sorry man :( I know just about every aprilia up here so if someone magically shows up to a meet with haga rep fairings I'll be sure to let you know.

Yeah, the DPD hasn't exactly been a huge help. I think the best break I had involving them was me actually tracking down a patrol car and passing them pictures. They told me just how worthless the Auto Theft Dept really is, and promised to pass out copies of the pics to other cops.

The Auto Theft Dept won't even give me an email address to send pics, and they "discourage" me from bringing pics to them.

Gee, thanks DPD.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. That's about the best that's going to happen, from the looks of it. I passed out about 250 flyers yesterday at a couple bike meets with a picture and contact info. 90% of them were probably immediately thrown away, but it's worth a try.

rsvmiller
10-25-2006, 04:13 PM
ok just a ray of hope here. My rsvr 2000 was stolen over 13 months ago in a house breakin. French cops where of no help, but the bike turned up a month ago dumped in the woods. Mushroom picker found it. A second thief helped himself to the Akra silencer and ECU with FP chip and PC, but the bike is in the garage as we speak, so keep your head up, one never knows!

PRESTIGE
10-26-2006, 07:06 AM
my bike was stolen once, i then realised it was parked behind a car...

u checked behind cars?

dougan
10-26-2006, 07:44 AM
I lost one once.... it was retrieved about 9 months later.... then stolen again. Don't lose hope my friend (but don't let it drag you down either).

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98819

(above) my stolen bike thread.

Deviate
10-26-2006, 11:27 AM
my bike was stolen once, i then realised it was parked behind a car...

u checked behind cars?

Ah, crap! I didn't think to check behind other cars.

No, I've scoured the parking lot for it (I even checked behind the dumpsters and in the swimming pools).

At first I thought (and it still may be true) that it was a former neighbor. His girlfriend was breaking into apartments. She took a handicapped girl's van and laptop. She broke into my friend's place while he was sitting on the couch.

We chased her around the complex for about half an hour. I had my truck blocking the exit gate. As soon as I saw her come back to her place, I called the cops back out.

I see him as the type of person that would try to "get revenge", but I don't see him being intelligent enough to do much. Especially since he has no car and no friends in DFW. He's the type of person that would steal something, drive around in it, and park it right next to where he stole it, not expecting anyone to find him.

zjdmm1
11-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Dev.... any news on your bike? .... hoping that you got it back and have been too busy riding to post...

Deviate
11-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Dev.... any news on your bike? .... hoping that you got it back and have been too busy riding to post...

No sir. I haven't heard anything about it thusfar. I've actually been in the middle of moving. No cable and no internet yet, so I'm on the Treo. Talk about slow...

PRESTIGE
11-02-2006, 08:49 AM
have any of the posts in this section ever actually been successful?

rsvApril
11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
best of luck to you man..hope you find the bike

if it ever happen to me i would be torn with missing my bike and getting the 13k its insured for

Deviate
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
have any of the posts in this section ever actually been successful?

Couldn't hurt, right? The way I see it, this forum contains the greatest number of people that would be most likely to recognize/be searching for the parts should they come onto the market.

best of luck to you man..hope you find the bike

if it ever happen to me i would be torn with missing my bike and getting the 13k its insured for

I'd rather have the bike back. 100%, without a doubt.

vatoloco
11-10-2006, 09:39 PM
just checked ebay no haga parts she show up hang in it.

CycleInsDude
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
All the customers I talk to about the bike getting stolen, the one thing I find is, that if it is locked up, the thieves are looking for a way in. If it is not locked up, it is WHEN it will be stolen, not IF. Sorry to here the scumbags got to it.

Dj Beeritz
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM
i know this topic is ages old but was just wondering if you ever found this bike as when i first seen the bike in the pictures i must say it looked absolute cracker

The Dr.Jon
02-06-2007, 05:08 AM
:confused: Yes, any news...good news hopefully.

ARAIHEAD
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
We are all still wondering!:confused:

Timmy1
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Yep. It was there with three locks on it at 2am when I went to bed. At 10am when I woke up, it was gone.

I'll post pics, but it's basically just a Haga replica with a Sargent seat and woodcraft rearsets.

well Deviate i am sorry that your haga got stolen but i had one of my scoots stolen but i know that a haga costed you a lot of money but i hope you find your haga and bring your haga mille home but thats why we got plates in the us for the cops to find your bike and upperhand the theif and make them pay for stealing your mille

2003 Sr 50 Ditech
leo vince rr pipe
flame graphics
2003 Rsv Mille R decal kit
pionner am fm cd radio

terbyb
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
wonder what number your bike was.... really hope you found it by now......