PDA

View Full Version : restricting with throttle movement, anyone done or seen a bike with that?

SuzukiV2
10-11-2006, 06:38 AM
I have a problem.

I want to sell my RS250 in order to fund my racing with my TZ250 but only ones interested in the bike are teens who want it restricted to 25kw(33bhp). And the only way to do this horrible thing is by limiting the throttle movement because if I make any changes to its motor it must the tested for pollution and that it does not pass..

Yesterday I left the bike dynoed for the restriction but the guy doing this phoned me today that it makes 25kw with only 5mm throttle movement and therefore it canīt be done.

Does anyone know is this really the case and my hopes of selling the thing are gone?

I donīt mind keeping it as a roadtoy but really would have needed the cash:confused:

Pro Backmarker
10-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Can't you fit a german SAPAC? I thought they were restricted, and as so would be worth squat at a guess....

spence88MPH
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
stuff a pillow in the airbox and try again.

smokey_rs250
10-11-2006, 10:31 AM
here in holland we have 25 kW sapc's for learner drivers

SuzukiV2
10-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, Iīve heard about this really easy restriction by using different sapc but as far as I know that is considered as technical change here. And that would mean a pollution test.:mad:

But I guess I have to try something, so Iīll press the inspection people more on how much and what can I change without the test.

Thanks for the help anyway