PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a Giant

RZRob
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Did the marathon trip to Livermore Saturday morning (6 hours at full speed) in my pick up. Kregg let me crack the egg (crate) and do what I could in the set up process. I wasn't much help as I was jelly from the drive up there. On top of that, I had to change the timing chain etc., in my truck the night before I left (eek gads).

We burned 1 tankfull on Mines Road (designed for these bikes) and then I loaded up and headed back home. Made it halfway and decided to stop in a rest area until about 3:00AM and then continued my drive home. Made it just in time for WSB.

As you can see I grabbed 2 of them. I couldn't decide. Just kidding. I brought one home for someone else. It was pretty exciting coming home with $20K woirth of toys in a $2K truck.

RZ Rob

ckruzel
09-11-2006, 09:53 AM
what mods do you have lined up for it?

waxxer
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
We burned 1 tankfull on Mines Road (designed for these bikes) and then I loaded up and headed back home. Made it halfway and decided to stop in a rest area until about 3:00AM and then continued my drive home. Made it just in time for WSB.

RZ Rob[/QUOTE]

Common Rob! Don't be coy! Please share your first impression. Oh by the way, I do not believe you picked up a second bike for a friend. :kidding: You are probably going to put above your fireplace on the mantal as a piece of modern art. :banana: :banana:

DKM
09-11-2006, 11:27 AM
nicely done my friend...

RZRob
09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
what mods do you have lined up for it?

I bought Axle Sliders there and I plan on hand guards, but not much more. I want to figure out how to help you mock the graphics as I see gas and the hopefully-infrequent laydowns aging those quickly.

Also, I'll get a Desert Tank (or whatever you'd call that) as the range is worse than a Harley Sportster. Somehow I'm going to address the turn signal issue, but I'm not sure how. They're pretty cheesy for an otherwise bitchin bike.

I can't picture changing the exhaust though. It looks awesome and sounds mini-MotoGP.

RZ Rob

Dcups
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I bought Axle Sliders there and I plan on hand guards, but not much more. I want to figure out how to help you mock the graphics as I see gas and the hopefully-infrequent laydowns aging those quickly.

Also, I'll get a Desert Tank (or whatever you'd call that) as the range is worse than a Harley Sportster. Somehow I'm going to address the turn signal issue, but I'm not sure how. They're pretty cheesy for an otherwise bitchin bike.

I can't picture changing the exhaust though. It looks awesome and sounds mini-MotoGP.

RZ Rob

Got any more info on the Desert Tanks?

duc slayer
09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
personally I'd like an exhaust that barks a little more than the stocker

RZRob
09-11-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't know much about much on what's coming out, but I'll be looking to Acerbis, Clark and IMS for a tank, expecting the European vendor to be the first one to market just because they got a head start and they have the most unit potential.

As for the exhaust Duc Slayer, it's kind of easy to lose reference, but I've got A/R neighbors and when I start the SXV, it makes windows in the neighborhood shake. That tells me I've got something.

RZ Rob

duc slayer
09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I live in the ghetto, so I don't care for any of my neighbor's :D

RZRob
09-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I live in the ghetto, so I don't care for any of my neighbor's :D

I live in shoebox land and my one neighbor told me he hated me on day 1. Based on that I immediately removed the baffles from my Factory Arrows. He ain't heard nothing yet.

RZ Rob

nofx6639
09-12-2006, 04:07 AM

Fill me in on which hand guards fit best. I tried a few with no success.

It's bitter sweet that the handle bar vibration starts to subside only when accelerating past 8k on the tac.

Dcups
09-12-2006, 01:32 PM

Fill me in on which hand guards fit best. I tried a few with no success.

It's bitter sweet that the handle bar vibration starts to subside only when accelerating past 8k on the tac.

I got the Cycra porbends on right now. All you have to do is get a smaller diameter bolt and a well nut (google it). The bar end bolts that come with the kit are to larger to slide into the bars.

Or you can just dremel the bar so it will slide in or dremel down the aluminum expansion thingy that is part of the kit.