PDA

View Full Version : Oil light?

nofx6639
09-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Has anyone else had the oil light come on around 200+ miles? I dumped the oil and replaced it only to find the cpu in the bike still thinks the oil pressure is off. Is it a service anouncemnet or a genuine problem?

p.s. I love my sxv 450

the_meek
09-07-2006, 07:15 AM
If it's a the oil can on the dash then it is the service warning light. There is a procedure to turn if off after the service is done.
I can tell you the method if need to know it, but will have to try it at home (can't remember here). Basically you go to the same setting where you set the service intervals, and the option to input YES or NO is available when the warning light is on.
Similiar to the wrench warning sign. The oil can warns at a timed service interval, the wrench works on a distance service interval.

teej710
09-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Procedure for removing the oil lamp symbol is already on this forum.

amauri
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
There is a red warning light (second down from the left) that illuminates should the oil pressure be less than optimal.
Also, there is an oil/service symbol that turns on in the middle of the LCD display when it's time for maintenance.

If you have a red light, turn it off and don't run it until the cause has been determined.

duc slayer
09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I get the red light every now and then right as I start to turn the key off. I don't think it's a big deal because it's only for a split second and I always start the bike back up for a minute to see if it comes on.

nofx6639
09-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Ya it must be the service light cause it stays on while the bike is running. I got the proceedure from the shop. I was only confused cause it mentions the service lights on my RSV's manual but not the SXV. Thanks for the input.

Paizan
09-07-2006, 11:19 PM
They got this thing they offer owners when they buy the bike called an owners manual.

Got lots of good readin in em.

duc slayer
09-07-2006, 11:38 PM
well seeing how the manual isn't always correct :ripass:

nofx6639
09-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I still can't find the procedure to turn off the oil service indicator. Any specific help?

yellow.speedy
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
All Informations about this functions you find in our download area!

http://www.aprilia-sxv.de/forum/filebase.php?cat=3

I send a file in attachement to this post for turn off service indicator.

nofx6639
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Instructions in English?

waxxer
09-08-2006, 11:16 PM
They are there. You hae to look at the download site. There is an english version. I have not had a chance to look at it yet but I have downloaded the PDF.

I hope it opens...

yellow.speedy
09-09-2006, 03:29 AM
For Users without Know-eat of german:

1. Push the Mode button on the left side of display!
2. In the same moment you turn on the Ignition key!
3. After 7 second you can see "WS" on display
4. hold the mode button and push 5 x IE headlight flasher operate
5. after this you can release the mode button
6. push the mode button until one sees the oil symbol
7. Push mode button for 5 seconds
8. You see "NO" flashed on display
9. Push mode button to change in "YES"
10. Push Mode button for 5 seconds to confirm it.

Ready :-)

Daniel

the_meek
09-09-2006, 01:26 PM
My offically imported bike came without a manual (by mistake of course). Without combination of this forum and others, i'd still be sat looking at it 4 weeks later.
There's a lot the manual doesn't tell you.

nofx6639
09-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Thank you speedy!

This will work i'm sure. It just looks a little like the self destruction sequence on page 3.2 of the manual.

Isn't funny that the bikes are Italian and the immediate tech support is German?

yellow.speedy
09-12-2006, 05:15 AM
No, No, No.....

The Manual we have write alone, without support from aprilia italy or germany.
This manual you donīt get from aprilia, because they want that you do allready to the dealer. (moneymakers :-) )

I have look with a friend by Husqvarna. On the SM610 there is the same cockpit variante. So Aprilia has only a other software on her cockpit, but the main functions are the same. So i have checked it and write this manual, because iīm not so good in englsih so i have write it only in german language. When one of you want to translate the document completly, it is ok, and i stand it lovely in our download section as an english manual.

Daniel

LuKe450
09-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Hello yellow.speedy

Thank you for posting up the "what to do list" to clear the oil symbol light.

I followed your instructions to the letter however i had three digits come up on the said display after I changed it from 'No' to 'YES' i.e. 020. Is this what I suspect it to be, hour metre towards the next time the light will come back on??

Thank you very much for your help!!

Also, after the oil symbol came on I was told while riding along it blew some blue smoke and it didn't really want to start too well either.. My bike has done only 310kms and had it's first service only 60kms ago.....