PDA

View Full Version : New SXV 5.5...

DKM
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey everyone,

I just bought my 5.5 and will hopefully pick it up tomorrow. I've been waiting to pick it up for over a week now. I had issues with passcodes for the Aprilia computer, missing a cable and so forth..

My newest issues is the bike won't start..its not getting fuel. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I talked to Amauri (sp?) at the Denver Supermoto race and today and hes been a help.

My dealership derestricted the bike for me for free. I don't know if anyone else had to pay or not? Can anyone answer that?

I talked to my friend Darrick Lucchesi and he mentioned some of these bikes didn't has fuel pump fuses, which i don't think its the case, but we'll figure it out.

So...Being Las Vegas' first SXV on the street (hopefully) I guess I have to take my lumps. :happy:

later,

Dave

Aprilia
08-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Mine won't start either I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I hope it gets better if not I will be selling. I don't plan on riding a lot but I want it to start when I want it.

Jon / AF1 Racing
08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
When new, they have stabilizer in the fuel which is thick, maybe even a grease type crap in the injectors or something, like they expected these bikes to be in the crate for a while. Takes a long time to get them to start the first time.

Also, when not new, the cylinder synch is important, and a pain in the ass to perform. If not synched well, bike won't start easy.

Also, throttle cable needs to be adjusted so the fast idle clicker makes the bike idle at 4K or so, however there still needs to be a little slack.

Even then, the bike doesn't cold start all that hot.

Best way to start the bike is to hold the throttle wide open and hit the starter. After a few tickovers let off the throttle. As soon as the bike fires, give it a bit of the wrist and keep it running.

Remember, race bike, not street bike. Little rough around the edges. You should see some racers trying to start their bikes, its horrible to watch.

janderson
08-30-2006, 12:25 AM
hi
first: thanks to Amauri for his help....
here we go with the basic mods..
load the ecu with new map
throttle derestric
throttle tps set(full and idle)
throttle body sync
air box mod
pull headers off and remove restriction at muffler and at head(the welding sucks on these)

all this just to make it ridable.....couldnt they do this stuff at the factory?:bangwall:
oh yea did i mention a pain in the aass to start.....real cold blooded...

DKM
08-30-2006, 03:07 AM
I think its something a little more then something in the gastank blocking the flow. I don't hear the fuel pump cycling or priming. Shouldn't it prime the injectors before starting?

waxxer
08-30-2006, 09:51 AM
That has been my experience. I turn the key on and I hear the injector system pressurizing--at least that is what it sounds like.

duc slayer
08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
same here turn the key and i can hear the pump, just like the factory

Racer
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
If can't hear the fuel pump check the fuse, it's the top 10A on the right side of the bike behind the black plastic panel. Same thing happend to a friend of mine last week.

DKM
08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Nope..it was a bad fuel pump. They had a 450SXV and they took the tank and pump off that bike and POWWW..it started right up.

I'm putting some miles on this badboy and taking it to get dynoed.

I had it derestricted and 15004 map (termi pipe) installed. So we'll see whats up.

It runs pretty good..so we'll see.

later,

dave

twouppilot
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Nope..it was a bad fuel pump. They had a 450SXV and they took the tank and pump off that bike and POWWW..it started right up.

I'm putting some miles on this badboy and taking it to get dynoed.

I had it derestricted and 15004 map (termi pipe) installed. So we'll see whats up.

It runs pretty good..so we'll see.

later,

dave

I think it's an indication of huge problems, and you should sell it to me immediately to save yourself the frusrtation. Sorry to hear about your troubles, had to offer I've been wanting one of these, now if only I didn't spend so much racing. LOL

waxxer
08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I think it's an indication of huge problems, and you should sell it to me immediately to save yourself the frusrtation. Sorry to hear about your troubles, had to offer I've been wanting one of these, now if only I didn't spend so much racing. LOL

I believe this is unfounded. First off, how many bikes were shipped that encounter this issue. To get a real sense of the magnitude you need to look at parts per million per failure. Then you have to figure the MTBF, parts between mean time before failure for any given part.

Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns as well. However, your conclusion is not warranted for the bike or the part.

If Aprilia finds that starters are an issue, they will be fast to correct the problem. The problem is: Is it one bike per thousand or whatever number you use.

I would wait for the facts before you start trashing the bike. I have been a sceptic for quite sometime. Yet I have faith Aprilia will stick by it's product--until proven otherwise. While I wait, it is unfair for you cast doubt of this magnitude based on your gut feeling.

Let Moto Italiano rectify TC Racers issue. If Tony is not not happy with the solution, then and only then we should be concerned.

Sorry, you have no evidence that the bike has systemic problems.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

waxxer
08-30-2006, 10:03 PM
I believe this is unfounded. First off, how many bikes were shipped that encounter this issue. To get a real sense of the magnitude you need to look at parts per million per failure. Then you have to figure the MTBF, parts between mean time before failure for any given part.

Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns as well. However, your conclusion is not warranted for the bike or the part.

If Aprilia finds that starters are an issue, they will be fast to correct the problem. The problem is: Is it one bike per thousand or whatever number you use.

I would wait for the facts before you start trashing the bike. I have been a sceptic for quite sometime. Yet I have faith Aprilia will stick by it's product--until proven otherwise. While I wait, it is unfair for you cast doubt of this magnitude based on your gut feeling.

Let Moto Italiano rectify TC Racers issue. If Tony is not not happy with the solution, then and only then we should be concerned.

Sorry, you have no evidence that the bike has systemic problems.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Let me put an end to MY error. Sorry. You were being facetious. My apolagies.
:cheers: :cheers:

duc slayer
08-30-2006, 11:05 PM
I was about to say damn dude, you might want to re-read that post :cheers:

DKM
08-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Well..i rode it tonight to a local bike night. A few people tripped out when they saw it. A few people dogged it while i stood close to the bike. Interesting to saw Harley owners look over the bike.

I also got my first ticket...go figure. I got pulled over for not have a plate on the bike. The dealer wouldn't give me a 30day moving permit so I went out anyway. My fault...but within 25 miles I got a ticket.

It does have some hickups below 4500-5000rpms with this map but it pulls nicely to 6500 where i would shift. I think this thing is a beast when i open it up. I'm happy with it so far.

I can tell it doesn't like to be chugged around, it seems like any V-twin doesn't like it. So i cruised around at 5500 to 6200rpms.

Hmmm...whatelse? The rear tire is a little big, I think it'll handle better with a smaller tire. Anyone want to pipe in on this?

later,

dave

DKM
08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
damn it..i knew it. I fogured I was screwed when it took 9 days to take delivery of my bike. I'll take 1000.00 for it..cash only, in 5.00 bills.

:kidding:

dave

DKM
08-31-2006, 09:27 PM
here she is..i know we've all seen them...but its still fun to look.

Paizan
09-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I sat on that bike Dave. About 20 seconds after they got it built. Thought I found one for cheaper so I offered them $9700 otd for it and they said no. Then I called this other place back to order it and the dude told me that there were a couple other charges. Turns out the dealer here was about $400 cheaper.

So I called them back and Barry told me they just took a deposit on it "30 seconds ago"

So congrats on beatin me to the punch. I see you got the plate on it. Guess that was no problem. Mind if I ask how much plates cost you and what you had to do to get em?

Plus, I can't wait to ride down to hooters next Wed night and see ya there.

My buddy just ordered one from AZ and I am just patiently waiting now to see what happens in the next month or so. I got a CBR1000RR to ride for now. So it aint all bad.

DKM
09-02-2006, 03:04 PM
LOL...I rode it to Hooter last wednesday! And got a ticket on the way home..go figure.

It cost me 190.00 to get it registered..I just walked in and said, "register my damn bike...or else!" and they threw me a plate. it was that easy...seriously, they didn't ask questions, they just registered it.

I love this bike..I did the loop 3 times yesterday, I figured that was enough because I wasn't in the mood to push my luck, and I was out of gas and barely made it to the gas station.

later,

dkm

Paizan
09-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Wher you at? I'm in Henderson, Horizon Ridge. Let's ride. I want to see that baby in action.

duc slayer
09-02-2006, 03:26 PM
you offered $9700 or $8700???

Paizan
09-02-2006, 03:35 PM
$9700 Out The Door, after taxes and all dealer setup fee's.

DKM
09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
You weren't that far off. I paid 550.00 more then your offer.

I'm actually just down the hill from you in silverado ranch. If you want to go riding let me know. I don't think i can keep up with a cbr1000rr but if you want to go to the loop we can.

later,

dave

$9700 Out The Door, after taxes and all dealer setup fee's.

Paizan
09-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, they told me what the price was, I made them the offer, they said no, you bought it. That was my Saturday.

The good news is that mine is in SLC all ready for a Tuesday pickup. Booyaaa!!

Might make it to that Hooters ride after all with a Motard of my own.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You talkin about the Red Rock loop? Or another one I don't know about?

DKM
09-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah..I'm talking Red Rock..thats the only one we have..unless you wanna call the 215 the "new loop"? :kidding:

Lets go ride...

dave

Yeah, they told me what the price was, I made them the offer, they said no, you bought it. That was my Saturday.

The good news is that mine is in SLC all ready for a Tuesday pickup. Booyaaa!!

Might make it to that Hooters ride after all with a Motard of my own.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You talkin about the Red Rock loop? Or another one I don't know about?

ckruzel
09-03-2006, 09:15 AM
nice cars in the garage, how do you like your E55?

oh yeah, awsome bike also

Maven
09-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Red Rock loop is fun. My cousin lives off Spring Mountain near Holopai (sp). Every time I visit him we ride the loop at least a few times since it is minutes from his house. I haven't ever run the loop on a Motard. I will be anxious to run it next time I am down there.

DKM, you didn't happen to buy that Supra from a guy in Eugene Oregon last summer did you?

Tony

DKM
09-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Tony,

I bought my supra brand new in 1994. I'm the only owner of that car.

The loop is fun as hell. I did the loop 2 times yesterday, 4 times sunday...and 3 times saturday. I love the loop...

except...the tickets..those suck.

Red Rock loop is fun. My cousin lives off Spring Mountain near Holopai (sp). Every time I visit him we ride the loop at least a few times since it is minutes from his house. I haven't ever run the loop on a Motard. I will be anxious to run it next time I am down there.

DKM, you didn't happen to buy that Supra from a guy in Eugene Oregon last summer did you?

Tony

DKM
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
The E55 is cool..I'm about to sell it to one of my buddies. I don't drive it that much. I figure I already have one car I never drive, I don't need a 2nd.

later,

dave

nice cars in the garage, how do you like your E55?

oh yeah, awsome bike also

duc slayer
09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
so how about selling your other car also :D is it the twin turbo????

RZRob
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
The E55 is cool..I'm about to sell it to one of my buddies. I don't drive it that much. I figure I already have one car I never drive, I don't need a 2nd.

later,

dave

Love the SXV (get mine Saturday) and I love the E55. I bought a new E class (320) as the new body style was introduced (late '02). I'd have loved to have the E55 AMG like your's or even just the E500, but I really couldn't afford either - much less the 320.

I remember when the dealership called me months after I'd left my deposit to tell me my car was in, but it was too late to go get it that night. I didn't sleep that night at all; not from excitement, but rather from stress. I was wondering if I blew it and should have popped down the extra for the V8.

I'd rationalized that I couldn't afford it anyways (and didn't need the car to race), but when gas prices shot to orbit, I felt really good about my purchase. I had a 450SL show car and dropped it like a Yugo when I $3.00 a gallon appeared to be here to stay.

RZ Rob

Alice Racing
09-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Its about $2 a LITRE here, and has been for some years...........cant see what you are moaning at ?

At least its 99 RON.