PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions - I'm Worried

RZRob
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Hopefully I'll be picking up an SXV soon:burnout: . For 15 years I rode an RZ500 and it was the love of my life:lover: . Then I wanted to experience what technology brought to the table and picked up an RS250.

From that point forward it was difficult to reach for the RZ when this flickable beast was in the stable. The RZ only got ridden out of pity and when I got the RSV Factory, I decided to let go of my first love (the RZ). I still miss it, but know it was the right thing to do.

Now, if I get the SXV, even if it's a different purpose-built bike, it'll likely occupy much of my play time. I already don't ride the RS250 much and recently got Battery Tenders (first sign of a cast-off :rolleyes:) and doubt if the RS will ever get ridden. Selling it is probably the best thing to do, but a licensed RS250 is a rare commodity in the states (especially So Cal).

What should I do?

RZ Rob

RinOz
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
couldn't get better than the factory & the tard :cheers:

waxxer
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Hopefully I'll be picking up an SXV soon:burnout: . For 15 years I rode an RZ500 and it was the love of my life:lover: . Then I wanted to experience what technology brought to the table and picked up an RS250.

From that point forward it was difficult to reach for the RZ when this flickable beast was in the stable. The RZ only got ridden out of pity and when I got the RSV Factory, I decided to let go of my first love (the RZ). I still miss it, but know it was the right thing to do.

Now, if I get the SXV, even if it's a different purpose-built bike, it'll likely occupy much of my play time. I already don't ride the RS250 much and recently got Battery Tenders (first sign of a cast-off :rolleyes:) and doubt if the RS will ever get ridden. Selling it is probably the best thing to do, but a licensed RS250 is a rare commodity in the states (especially So Cal).

What should I do?

RZ Rob

I respect whare you are at! Sounds familiar. Now that I have a dialed in bike it is a riot. Let me explain: It ain't no commuter. I found myself doing 50 MPH in 25 zones with no effort or awareness. It makes you go fast by gear spacing and RPM. It is no KLX by any sense of the imagination.

It will be easier to ride (MUCH) more than your RS. It really is a race bike. However, alone in the mountain roads away from traffic it is a blast.

Do not mistake this bike for anything other than pushing it through turns, sliding around etc.

Frankly it should be registered under the health and safety code as a drug.

As it loosens up it revs faster and hits harder. I have 51 miles and that is nothing. I cannot wait to break 7K on the rev meter.:cheers: :cheers:

waxxer
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I did not mean to imply the RS is not a worthy bike. I grew up in the dirt. That is why the SXV feels so natural to me.

Yes, without a doubt you can scuff your knee pucks if your style is knee down in the turn.:worship: :worship:

RZRob
08-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I did not mean to imply the RS is not a worthy bike. I grew up in the dirt. That is why the SXV feels so natural to me.

Yes, without a doubt you can scuff your knee pucks if your style is knee down in the turn.:worship: :worship:

I know what you mean. My RS is an unreal blast on tight canyon roads. But, I can imagine that the ergonomics etc., of the SXV might get me around these corners I like so much, a little faster with a little less effort.

RZ Rob

ckruzel
08-22-2006, 07:43 AM
I think you should sell it to me :)

i really wish i could take a sxv for a ride, none here at the dealer yet, there is something going on with warhorse and aprilia, i think because they went through the whole indian ordeal, and with aprilia not getting parts, they didn't order any new bikes, but now even they said parts are coming, so hopefully some new bikes are on the way. if they get one i know i could take it for a spin

nofx6639
08-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Just a warning....I was so disapointed when I took delivery of my sxv because it had those same road restrictions that the RS250 has when taken off the show room floor. But when the sxv wakes up...anyone here can testify that a supermoto compared to a purpose built (two-stroke)repli-racer will provide as much fun with much less effort and mental fatigue.

(you could get top $ for a legal RS 250 from any so-cal squid around)

RZRob
08-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a spare motor (the original) that needs to be torn down. All 2-strokes pack their bags eventually.

RZ Rob