PDA

View Full Version : Canadian SXVs/RXVs

Dr. Thrillride
08-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Canadian dealers have been told that the S/RXVs won't be delivered to them until mid October - just in time for the riding season...:rolleyes: :confused:

No, I'm not whining, just pissed that Canada's last on the list.

As for our new Canadian distributor, Canadian Scooter Company, dealers are saying that these guys have kept up with their promises of delivery for other product (that's a bloody change from the last distributor). Our dealer in Vancouver has an 07 R and is getting a Tuono next week.

bneu
10-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Any new word about Canadian arrival of SXV/RXV???

EuroMoto
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I for one received them a week ago. :lover: Been running a SXV 4.5 for a little over 200 miles, its cold out here in Quebec. Should be prepping a RXV 5.5 for ice racing soon.

duke999s999
10-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Only the SXV 4.5 has came in so far. Im still waiting for the 5.5 should be any day now.

EuroMoto
10-27-2006, 09:48 AM
The RXV 5.5 is in stock, i'm waiting on the SXV 5.5...

duke999s999
10-30-2006, 11:30 PM
So has anyone got the SXV5.5 in Canada yet?!?!

Jaro
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Just wondering if the SXV's have finally made it to Canada yet?? If so, who has them and any indication that Aprilia has addressed any of the common problems experienced by the US owners? Even though there is a lot of talk of problems, still seems like the positive out weighs the negative and can't wait to get my leg over one. Now to find some studded tires so I don't have to wait another 4 months to actually ride the thing....

bneu
11-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Jaro.

I to live in Calgary and desperately waiting the arival of the SXV 550. Have a deposit on one for about 4 months now.

Are you in the market as well?

Last I heard from Revoluzione cycle is end of Novembr now?

I dont think any have been distributed in canada yet.

bneu
11-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Hey Duke999s999,

where in canada are you?

mikeyyc
11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey bneu,

Are you going to Rev's event Saturday night? My guess is that they will be there.

Mike

duke999s999
11-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Im in Vancouver my 5.5 is in the process of getting plated. After reading how low there selling brand new 5.5s i shouldve waited till next year! Read one of the other threads on here there unloading them for $6399 US!!! BS!!!

mikeyyc
11-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Only if you can get 'em across the border. I've been banging my head against the wall with RIV and Transport Canada for a couple of days about the new Tuono. :bangwall: :bangwall:

Mike

bneu
11-18-2006, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE=mikeyyc]Hey bneu,

Are you going to Rev's event Saturday night? My guess is that they will be there.

Mike[/QUOTE

I'm not sure I will bother. I talked to rev on thursday and it sounds like only the 4.5s will be there. Seeing them but not knowing when mine will arive may just make it worse!:bangwall:

bneu
11-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Im in Vancouver my 5.5 is in the process of getting plated. After reading how low there selling brand new 5.5s i shouldve waited till next year! Read one of the other threads on here there unloading them for $6399 US!!! BS!!!

I called British Italion motorcycle in Vancouver, and they said the one SXV 5.5 they had was brought up from the us. Where did you get yours?

leoxx
11-18-2006, 01:33 PM
I called British Italion motorcycle in Vancouver, and they said the one SXV 5.5 they had was brought up from the us. Where did you get yours?

SG in Victoria has got some in.I saw that 5.5 at British italian not sure yet about there service. Im thinking of picking one up in the US and bringing it up here most likely from AF1 or, were Amuri works that way i know it will be set up properly.

leoxx
11-18-2006, 01:35 PM

Hey Duke was it you that bought it from British italian motors.

duke999s999
11-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Yep and they told me the bike came from Aprilia Canada. Aprilia Canada told them thats the only 5.5 that came in so far. Im just curious anyone in the eastcoast get one yet?

Hey Duke was it you that bought it from British italian motors.

bneu
12-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Any new updates on when the Canadian SXV 550s will be arriving?:tired:

duke999s999
12-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Finally had a clear day in Vancouver plated the 5.5 and took it for its first ride. What awsome power it has i wasnt expecting it to be that strong. Very fast bike good for wide open tracks i dont think itll be that good for super tight kart tracks. I dont really like the power delivery its to twitchy theres no power right at the beginning then it just comes on strong also the engine braking is abrupt. Thats it for now cant wait to take it to the track next year.

Dr. Thrillride
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey Duke: are you the chap I met at Mission Raceway Park last year with the DRZ? If so, congrats on your purchase. All of what you're describing below can be 'altered', so no worries, but you do bring up a good point, maybe 4.5 would be better for our little kart track. As you'd probably figure out, the RSV I race is way over the top for that track, but it's a, 'ride what you got' kinda thing, so that's what we do. Keep us updated on how you're doing with it. I'm going to wait a bit to get one and sure would love to take yours for a spin a Mission. How about a trade for a session in a spring trackday? Are you going to get your race licence and race her? Cheers

Finally had a clear day in Vancouver plated the 5.5 and took it for its first ride. What awsome power it has i wasnt expecting it to be that strong. Very fast bike good for wide open tracks i dont think itll be that good for super tight kart tracks. I dont really like the power delivery its to twitchy theres no power right at the beginning then it just comes on strong also the engine braking is abrupt. Thats it for now cant wait to take it to the track next year.

duke999s999
01-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey i thought that was you but i forgot what your screen name was. I will be bringing it to Mission every chance i get. I think this bike is gonna be perfect for it cause our tracks not that big. I took it for another ride this Saturday im getting used to the power delivery. Its like riding my 999r just has that vtwin power delivery.

Hey Duke: are you the chap I met at Mission Raceway Park last year with the DRZ? If so, congrats on your purchase. All of what you're describing below can be 'altered', so no worries, but you do bring up a good point, maybe 4.5 would be better for our little kart track. As you'd probably figure out, the RSV I race is way over the top for that track, but it's a, 'ride what you got' kinda thing, so that's what we do. Keep us updated on how you're doing with it. I'm going to wait a bit to get one and sure would love to take yours for a spin a Mission. How about a trade for a session in a spring trackday? Are you going to get your race licence and race her? Cheers