PDA

View Full Version : Any 450's in the states yet???

Jony2Stones
06-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I picked up a KTM SMR 450 to use this season, but still have a SXV550 on order.

I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten their USA SXV450 yet, so I could guage how long away my SXV550 might be.....

duc slayer
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
not that I know of, I've got a 550 on order from seacost and talked with them yesterday and they're still not quite sure when. He said they went for tech training about a month ago and could only assume shortly but no definite time frame

Dcups
06-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Same here impatiently waiting..........

My Aprilia dealer says samething techs went through the traing already so it should be here shortly...

Shoot we waited since Jan. whats another month
:bangwall:

Super Dave
06-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Same here impatiently waiting..........

My Aprilia dealer says samething techs went through the traing already so it should be here shortly...

Shot we waited since Jan. whats another month
:bangwall:

I sure hope it's worth the wait .. I have a deposit on a 5.5 as well .

Dcups
06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
My dealer just called me and said 2 weeks until they hit the his showroom.

The light kit will come with the bike but not be installed.
The title will NOT say anything like for "OFFROAD use only".
Cali folks will have to deal with Green sticker whatever that means.

550 will be $8699
450 will be $8399 or $8499 forgot what he said...

Im so excited!!!!!

Now I gotta find some one in the NW that can help me reprogram it and de-restrict it.

waxxer
07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Just spoke to 2 dealers on the USA west coast. No signs of shipping at all.:WTF:

Jony2Stones
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
From what I've learned.....no 450's yet (that have been confirmed)...

Which makes me wonder if Aprilia is still going to ship the 450's first with the 550's to follow (as was the original idea--450's in the Spring--550's third quarter)...or do a 'batch' of both and release them around the same time-frame.

I'm not really worried about getting it as I do have my ktm, but I'd like to use it sometime before the end of the season.....

waxxer
07-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Supposed to be a bit of 4.5s and 5.5s. What is disturbing no one knows at this late date. One thing that is consistant is that bikes shipped will have the lighting package--not installed.

I have been trying to get VIN format to see if they will be able to be street legal. No MSO's or number configs to determine if it will be licenseable.

I hope Aprilia is looking for the WOW factor verses oh fuck!!:mad:

RZRob
07-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I remember when I ordered my Bimota 500 V Due 2 stroke wonder bike. I was number 3 in the US through Pro Italia. I was invited to ride one at Willow (couldn't make it) but did get to fuel one up at Seca. I waited a patient 2.5 years then gave up. It was painful.

Just the other day I was in the attic and came across all of my V Due stuff. I had every magazine, the brochure and even a T shirt. I'd even gotten the 500VDUE California license plate. The plate was at PI, but someone there supposedly stole it. I was going to hold them accountable, but figured why bother.

Hang in there baby! The Aprilia stands a better chance of materializing.

antirich
07-14-2006, 07:46 AM
I remember when I ordered my Bimota 500 V Due 2 stroke wonder bike. I was number 3 in the US through Pro Italia. I was invited to ride one at Willow (couldn't make it) but did get to fuel one up at Seca. I waited a patient 2.5 years then gave up. It was painful.

http://montereyclassicbikeauction.com/results.php

Scroll down toward the bottom and i think you'll see you bike, still in the create!

trussdude
07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Here is a Bimota VDUE for you on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Bimota-500-V-due-Bimota-V-due-Latest-Spec-Fuel-injected-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6719QQihZ018QQitemZ 280005670818QQrdZ1

haychip
07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Waxxer,

I looked at the VIN both a SXV and RXV on the 07 models. The dreaded "C" or "3" was not there.

Chip

waxxer
07-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks Chip!! Great news!:burnout:

waxxer
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
"We are expecting the SXV to arrive at the dealerships in August. Please stay in touch with your dealership for more information."

Customer Care
Piaggio Group Americas, Inc.

Got this from Aprilia today.:cheers:

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Now I hear September. Good thing all my buddies have Husky's, DRZ's and KTM's that I get to ride in the mean time.

Rollin Fast
07-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Just received confirmation that we should be seeing them by the first week in August, at the latest. Probaly sooner :cheers:

Put down your deposits asap. Very limited at the moment :bump:

According to our DSM (District manager) Aprilia USA will be allocating them evenly throughout dealers. So all of you dealers that think you will be seeing all of your units at once, not so! The second bunch should be arriving soon there after. This is critical to all of the dealers that are not fortunate enough to be in 365 day a year riding weather.

On a positive note, they will all be 2007 model year units and there is another major plus involved in regards to street licensing them. Lets just say they will include major DMV components that your dealer will have to install. Wait and see. :plus:

Has Clarkie left the building???

Thanks, John

Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports
104 Main Street
Lebanon, NJ 08833
(908) 236-9000
www.rollinfast.com
www.tigcraftusa.com

duc slayer
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
thank you for the update i was seriously considering canceling my deposit, but i'm sure it will make a great b-day present to myself

clarkie49
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Has Clarkie left the building???

Nah, Elvis left the building, Clarkie is just busy playing with his new dyno :D

Hey John did you guys ever end up getting your dyno? I have a 168 bike/atv dyno in a trailer and while at a local custom chopper shop drumming up business they asked if it will take trikes..........there will NEVER be a trike on my dyno :D

duc slayer
07-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I called seacoast yesterday and was told that they're expecting bikes either this friday or early next week and they would be uncrating and calling people asap :worship:

Jony2Stones
07-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Hopefully Aprilia will send atleast 5 in the first shipment....that way I can ride SOON....

:rolleyes:

waxxer
07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Why do I feel like I am strung out and ready to jump on a Husky? Probably because I have had an Aprilia deposit on this beast for over a year. I could have been collecting interest on that cash.

Man, I cannot wait to hit the track.

Please let the info be true. My dealer is still non committal. WTF!

:worship:

008man
07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Waxer, Who is your dealer? My deposit is with Scuderia West.

waxxer
07-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I have talked to every dealer in California and I have most faith in Scuderia. That is where I put my deposit.

They have been straight forward and helpful.:worship:

MtnDoo
07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi - I'm quite interested in an RVX 5.5 and was wondering what you are seeing for USD pricing? I'm located in Colorado, but would ship a unit from a dealer anywhere in the US.

Thx in Adavnce!

MtnDoo

irix
07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi - I'm quite interested in an RVX 5.5 and was wondering what you are seeing for USD pricing? I'm located in Colorado, but would ship a unit from a dealer anywhere in the US.

Thx in Adavnce!

MtnDoo

I'd contact Fay Myers if you're interested in buying one locally.

MtnDoo
07-28-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd contact Fay Myers if you're interested in buying one locally.

Thanks! Yes, I'm speaking with one of their fellows to arrange deposit.
Just curious what types of prices people are seeing.

waxxer
07-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Standard MSRP. After checking around--damn near everywhere you are looking at 8699.00 US dollars.

Should be there next week as well. In California the will be green sticker only.

twocycler
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
The 450 and 550 engines look to have alot of development potential :) . Would anyone be interested in some high end engine goodies for asphalt applications? Engines are in North America and it is an interesting design. I have a rolling chassis waiting for the first test mule...

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Castrol

waxxer
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I have heard lots of talk about hop up potential as well as complete engine kits for road racing etc. This has its ups and downs. I imagine we will see mini Tuonos and the like built from this engine design. I cannot see Aprilia selling the engines seperately unitl they have reaped all of the revenue potential from intalling them in new chassis.

Ergo
07-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I gotta admit I expected them to go for more $. :worship:

$8,699 for a Twin at the price of a single! :plus:

AT that price I have no issues with MSRP. :cheers:

waxxer
07-28-2006, 03:41 PM
The 450 and 550 engines look to have alot of development potential :) . Would anyone be interested in some high end engine goodies for asphalt applications? Engines are in North America and it is an interesting design. I have a rolling chassis waiting for the first test mule...

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Castrol

Gee! Slow on the uptake here! Stargel of Aprilia Stargel Racing?? Yes to your question! Do you have any opinions on the size of the oil sump for road applications? Seems like a really small oil capacity for long road races or simple road applications.

Is this a misconception on my part?

Best,

Brian:)

twocycler
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Gee! Slow on the uptake here! Stargel of Aprilia Stargel Racing?? Yes to your question! Do you have any opinions on the size of the oil sump for road applications? Seems like a really small oil capacity for long road races or simple road applications.

Is this a misconception on my part?

Best,

Brian:)
http://members.aol.com/twocycler/aprilia450.jpg
The oil system is separated and well designed. It wont be a problem. The bare engine is 70 pounds on our scales. If we dont have these engines here yet...these must be counterfeit Czech knockoffs...darnit! Now to go make some larger throttle bodies....:cheers:

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Castrol
(formerly Team Stargel Aprilia)

duc slayer
07-28-2006, 05:08 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: wow that's one hell of a knock off :cheers:

waxxer
07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of them knock-offs on E-Bay. They come from Taiwan.:kidding:

Thanks for the preview! I can't wait to hear your throttle body report.

duc slayer
07-28-2006, 05:39 PM
and yes I love go fast parts and would be intersted in anything to go faster :D and I just got a raise

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 06:43 PM
and yes I love go fast parts and would be intersted in anything to go faster :D and I just got a raise

:plus: :plus:

Well 'cept for the raise.....I just got more work (not more $$$).... :rolleyes:

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
I didn't exactly get more $$$, but for the 1st time ever I've now got health insurance. So with more go fast goodies I can get waded up and still be happy (sorta) now all i need is that little fucking duck to show up.....aflac

waxxer
07-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Ain't the world getting cruel. Pretty soon we will all have masters. On another topic, this should be the week. Per the input from the last discussions it is produce the bike or I go to Gagiva--this week. This is the worst case of blue balls I HAVE EVER had.

At this point, I would mount a Harley Davidson 350 sprint. After that I would suicide on Thunderbird wine.

BRING EM ON GOD DAMN IT!!!

I must go sideways soon!!:bump:

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 07:59 PM
yes from what I was told this is the week, I even had a dream last night that I binned it on the first off ramp I hit from highside :bangwall: that even sucks in a dream. I'm also I little peturb, If I remember correctly I put the first deposit on a 550 with my dealer, now I'm being told that I'm 3rd over and 2nd on a 550. I might have to go kick someone in the :nutts:

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I can't wait either......and hopefully that bit about holding the bikes to build the inventory is true....that may mean I'll get my bike SOON...(none of this 'turn an burn' crap...)

clarkie49
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
yes from what I was told this is the week, I even had a dream last night that I binned it on the first off ramp I hit from highside :bangwall: that even sucks in a dream. I'm also I little peturb, If I remember correctly I put the first deposit on a 550 with my dealer, now I'm being told that I'm 3rd over and 2nd on a 550. I might have to go kick someone in the :nutts:

errr you were at the top of the list when i left......

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 08:54 PM
I knew it, I wasn't sure if it was to much tweed or if I was on the top of the list. Not to get you involved but is there anything I can even do about it? I mean I'm definitely not gonna call up fuck head and say So and so told me this and that. My first thought was that I got bumped for someone that works their or one of the local chronies :gunner:

waxxer
07-31-2006, 09:02 PM
errr you were at the top of the list when i left......

Just an honest question. Why are the dealers so non-committal about where you are on the list? Is it because some rich bastard will offer more thereby bumping someone out of the queue??

NO ONE, that is right, no one that I know has absolutely committed to provide me the bike. All delivery issues aside and now that it is the real thing, why are the dealers playing games?

In brief, do I trust Scuderia-- no. Why, because they are gaming and not being honest with me. I have a definite maybe on my 550 unit.

I never experienced this with Honda. What gives...:fangs:

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 09:07 PM
My first thought was that I got bumped for someone that works their or one of the local chronies

Wouldn't surprise me....:rolleyes:

BTW---when are you gonna open up your own place Clarkie???? I'll offer my services (in kind of a Lt. Dan sorta way) if you ever do....

clarkie49
07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't surprise me....:rolleyes:

BTW---when are you gonna open up your own place Clarkie???? I'll offer my services (in kind of a Lt. Dan sorta way) if you ever do....

getting there....got a dyno already ;)

clarkie49
07-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I knew it, I wasn't sure if it was to much tweed or if I was on the top of the list. Not to get you involved but is there anything I can even do about it? I mean I'm definitely not gonna call up fuck head and say So and so told me this and that. My first thought was that I got bumped for someone that works their or one of the local chronies :gunner:

not a lot you can do i guess, i know there were two people in front of you that got their deposits refunded due the bikes taking so long and that put you at the top.

but hey they are known for their 'creative accounting' :rolleyes:

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
should I pull a bonnie and clyde and start robbing banks here in NY and work my out CO, should have plenty of $$$$ by the time I make it out there. I want to be in charge of hiring the bikini bike wash girls/strippers/nightly entertainment and the first person I'm going to hire as my VP would have to be JCR

yeah the seem to have taken your pay and given it to some broad to answer the phones, she sounds cute anyway but we all know how that can turn out

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM

Sweet! :worship:

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah the seem to have taken your pay and given it to some broad to answer the phones, she sounds cute anyway but we all know how that can turn out

MC-shop 101....hire a chick...

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 09:28 PM
mc shop 102 the bitch better know what she's talkin about

duc slayer
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
ok I've had a little time to think it over, your right she dosen't need to know shit, just stand there be hot and friendly

Jony2Stones
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
mc shop 102 the bitch better know what she's talkin about

Yeah, otherwise it may have been better to *cough* hire someone with ample experience.....:rolleyes:

BTW---Man I hope this delivery thing doesn't drag out.

irix
08-01-2006, 09:20 AM

Speaking of which.. what's the recommended breakin for these bikes? I was going to try to arrange a dyno breakin if I manage to get my hands on a bike.. is that a good idea? If so, clarkie, how much for a dyno breakin? :D

Dcups
08-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Speaking of which.. what's the recommended breakin for these bikes? I was going to try to arrange a dyno breakin if I manage to get my hands on a bike.. is that a good idea? If so, clarkie, how much for a dyno breakin? :D

I'd say schedule yourself a track day :D

Jimmy D
08-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the work you did on my Capo! It was worth the trip from Lake Tahoe to Colorado. The ride home was great and the bike was so much smoother! Thanks again,
Jimmy

subrizisxv
08-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Just letting you guys know they really do exsist!!!!!
I work at TouringSport in Greenville SC and we got a 450 sxv and a 550 sxv. Damn they are pretty!!!

duc slayer
08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
sure rub it in why don't you :kidding: did you only get one of each? if so that means I'm probably screwed.

Jet City Racer
08-01-2006, 09:25 PM
I want to be in charge of hiring the bikini bike wash girls/strippers/nightly entertainment and the first person I'm going to hire as my VP would have to be JCROK, and it will only cost you ONE SXV550 for the season. ;)

Hey, I'm not greedy. :D

subrizisxv
08-01-2006, 09:51 PM
sure rub it in why don't you :kidding: did you only get one of each? if so that means I'm probably screwed.
Yeah dude, only one of each as of now. Kind of frustrating though. We don't have the cable to hook it up to the Axione and cannot update the map on it. We were told not to run it until it has been done. Kind of like waiving a piece of cake in front of a person who is on a diet......

Alice Racing
08-02-2006, 02:41 AM
Can post you the leads if you cannot get them quickly ?

subrizisxv
08-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Can post you the leads if you cannot get them quickly ?
How do I get in touch with you. Talked with aprilia USA and they said they are backordered on the cable.

Jony2Stones
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Just letting you guys know they really do exsist!!!!!
I work at TouringSport in Greenville SC and we got a 450 sxv and a 550 sxv. Damn they are pretty!!!

NICE!!!

If you can, post some pics

Jony2Stones
08-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Oh yeah, and more importantly....did the bike come with the lighting kit??

What did the MSO say????

(Just trying to confirm all the rumours :) )

MotoStrada
08-02-2006, 11:39 AM
We just got our first one in!
Came with all on road goodies! 17 vin just waiting for a title to see if the unit is truely streetable :)

Moto Strada
Mark

Time for a couple of road miles to check it all out. Good Stuff well worth the wait.

Jony2Stones
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
We just got our first one in!
Came with all on road goodies! 17 vin just waiting for a title to see if the unit is truely streetable :)

Moto Strada
Mark

Time for a couple of road miles to check it all out. Good Stuff well worth the wait.

Sweeet!!!

Can't wait...

Dcups
08-02-2006, 06:30 PM
sweet
:burnout:
(Rubbing hands)
Impatiently waiting........

I was told mine is enroute. I should see it the on 12th. It will be a great weekend.

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
we heard some shipped to us too......we should have them soon as well......I cant wait.

Aprilia Italy is expiditing the Axone cables to us so we can de-restrict them properly.

Alice Racing
08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Aprilia Italy is expiditing the Axone cables to us so we can de-restrict them properly.

When you are about to set fire to the bike and the Axone cos it runs worse than a badly set up 50cc 2 stroke...........drop me a PM.

waxxer
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
The bikes are here in California!!! No software and upload cable though. I doubt I will be on one until after the weekend.:bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

rxv
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Had a look at the 450's and the 550SXV (the 550RXV is delayed with no date for ETA just yet.)

Aside from one of those crazy kick stands that automatically retracts when there's no weight on it, the bike is really impressive and very easy on the eye. All Italian goodness in the components and the fit and finish is impressive. Lots of eye candy in the design. Much as I like the KTM 525 and it will be street legal and available in a few months, Aprilia has thrown down the gauntlet -- KTM and Husky will have to come back with a serious reply. I hear those noises of a Husky twin and that would "validate" this market. This new bike from Aprilia is so good for a "version 1.0" I have to imagine they'll be improving it every year.

There's some obvious design issues (plastic bash plate?) and I hope all the electronics and doo-dads are durable when covered in mud and hopefully the big display doesn't scratch up and look like a mess after a few mud baths.

Awesome front brake on the Motard. I took the 450 dirt bike -- I would have gone with the 550 but waiting another month to find out when it will show is just not worth it and these things have taken so long to get here, I'm sick of the "end of month" story month after month.

Well, I'm one of numerous people itching and I'm waiting on that cable! Aaargh! I'll try and get it through DMV over the counter on Friday. Fingers crossed.

Full credit to Moto Italiano -- great people there. Both their stores have a couple of bikes in stock as of yesterday.

I really hope this is a weekend when a lot of v-twins will be hitting the dirt.

Adam

waxxer
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Please keep us posted on your progress. I have a deposit at Moto Italiano as well on the 550 SXV. I also have adeposit at Scuderia and no word. Speed Sports called me today and asked if I wanted the 550 they received.

I am kind of at a loss as to what to do. I feel like wating for Moto Italiano since I have never reaaly received a straight story from Scuderia.

This late in the season, I am now thinking about bikes--seriously. This appears to me to be a very problem plagued release by Aprilia. I am now tinking that I should wait a year. In the mean time I may pick the Husky for a lot less.

Losing faith day by day...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :bangwall: :bangwall:

ow595
08-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Blasting back from an appointment in Watsonville on the S2R1000, I glanced over to Moto Italiano, and did a huge double take as I spied three new Aprilia mini twins lined up outside. Damn being late for the next appt. I swang back around.
The new RXV and SXV looked amazing. Every detail is looked better then the bikes shown at both Laguna Seca and the International bike show in San Jose last fall.
I also had owned a Husky 06 450SMR (my 6th Husky in three years...love them) but this Aprilia looks to be in a class by itself!
Can I justify anoher new bike? I am prepared to pick up another new Husky enduro but now I'm thinking it might be the Aprilia? Price is close but you get even more for the money and better then a KTM. BUth the SMoto version looks like it would just be a ton of fubn on the street and track.
We were able to pull a set of the dual calibrated bike scales out to measure each of the bikes. ready to roll less what ever gas is in the tank out of the crate (assumed nothing).
SXV 550 291 lbs. (near 50/50 weight ballance)
RXV 450 278 lbs. (again 50/50 ballance)

Thats about 10lbs heavier then my 05 TE450. BUt the Aprilia has a bit heavier street hardware on it.

I noticed both versions had sparkarestors!

Leaving MI, I kept imagining what the 450/550's would be like to ride? They won't have the grunt of the 992cc DS motor but at 300lbs and 60+Hp it might give the Monster a run for its money.

I can't wait to ride them both.

Cheers,

William Ow
Santa Cruz, Ca

06 S2R1000
06 D675
bunch of older stuff....

Jon / AF1 Racing
08-10-2006, 12:25 PM
We got our axone cable!!!!!

NOT, maybe next week. I guess the "the cables will be expedited out to dealers who received the bikes at the beginning of this week" statement is pretty much thrown out the window now.

rxv
08-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Please keep us posted on your progress. I have a deposit at Moto Italiano as well on the 550 SXV. I also have adeposit at Scuderia and no word. Speed Sports called me today and asked if I wanted the 550 they received.

I am kind of at a loss as to what to do. I feel like wating for Moto Italiano since I have never reaaly received a straight story from Scuderia.

I've left voicemails and sent emails to Scuderia about my deposit there and no reply.

I decided to go with Moto Italiano because of the people there. I'd suggest you call Jason at the Santa Cruz office (he owns both stores) and swing by and see the bike. I don't know if you're far down their list but they did have at least a couple of SXV550's and you could get lucky -- I was at the San Jose store but they mentioned having more bikes at the Santa Cruz store.

Where's that C A B L E ? !

Jony2Stones
08-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Where's that C A B L E ? !

:plus: :plus: :plus: :plus:

Dcups
08-10-2006, 04:30 PM
My dealer says the mystery "CABLE" will be here on Tuesday and now the bike will be here Wednesday.. AARRRGGGHHHH!!!

rxv
08-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Wednesday. Give or take.

Aprilia says the cables will be at their office Monday and ship out to dealers arriving Wednesday.

What's this about there being problems using the cable once it does arrive?

You know, while I'm waiting, I'm borrowing an XR600. Reminds me how good that bike was in its day ... kick starting is good aerobic exercise too ...

I don't know why there's an Aussie flag icon on this forum, but I like it.

:aussie:

Dcups
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I pick mine up in 2 hours:D

duc slayer
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
where are you located? and if there were an emitcon with a giant middle finger I'd be giving it to you right now :D my fucking b-day is tomorrow and I want my fucking bike :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Dcups
08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
where are you located? and if there were an emitcon with a giant middle finger I'd be giving it to you right now :D my fucking b-day is tomorrow and I want my fucking bike :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Im in Seattle...

and since its gonna be your bday ill make sure to do a big fat :burnout: tomorrow morning when I go break it in!!!:p:

duc slayer
08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
of course all you west coastian's get to have all the fun first, and please do a couple of burn outs I love the smell of burnt rubber in the morning, looks like I'm just getting some hookers as a present to myself :lover:

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-18-2006, 11:50 AM
we got our cable today.....and it didnt come from ApriliaUSA.

Jon is setting up our bikes right now

duc slayer
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
sure rub it in why don't ya :D

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
sure rub it in why don't ya :D

cause I just rode it......and it is a whole new beast.....its freaking fast now.....maybe doing 70 in front of the shop is not a great idea....

duc slayer
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
oh no it's an excellent Idea...........think, excellent smither's

blow03ss
08-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Just got the call , Martin Eurosports has the cable now in hand, THE REALLY GOOD NEWS.........the MSO came in today also and says nothing about off road use only, normal motorcycle MSO so plates are a no brainer!

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Just got the call , Martin Eurosports has the cable now in hand, THE REALLY GOOD NEWS.........the MSO came in today also and says nothing about off road use only, normal motorcycle MSO so plates are a no brainer!

yep, we got the MSOs too.....it is a regular MSO with nothing about off-road on it.....in Texas, we'll be able to get plates by just taking the MSO to the tags office, and we're set.

Jet City Racer
08-18-2006, 03:41 PM
cause I just rode it......and it is a whole new beast.....its freaking fast now.....maybe doing 70 in front of the shop is not a great idea....
Now I know you're wearing a helmet though, aren't you??? I seem to recall many moons ago seeing you do a stoppie on an RS50 sans lid. ;)

Waxerdog
08-18-2006, 04:26 PM
So JCR, you get your SXV yet? I know there is a fat chance in hell but do ones sold in CA come with an MSO and if so are they worth anything more than the paper they are printed on? :tired:

Alice Racing
08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
What octane are you down to in CA now.......85 ?

We get 100RON Shell V-Power from next Wednesday,Yum Yum !

waxxer
08-18-2006, 06:28 PM
91 Octane at the pump.

:eek:

Dcups
08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Ride report!!!!

OK so it feels alittle under powered. Steering is completely sloppy. Brakes are decent for its size but, a larger rotor would have been better. Clutch feels like its way to much for the under powered bike. Oh wait this isn't the vespa forum.....

THIS BIKE IS UNFAWKIN BELIEVABLE!!! First gear wheelies are GUARANTEED!!! and so are second gears!! bike feels super light for the claimed weight. Clutch is very touchy but I think I just need to get use to it.... matter of fact so is the throttle. :D

As for the mapping i asked the dealer to install the Termi one but at idle it ran way to rough so they put the "Stock" one back in. That map still ran alittle lean as well at lower rpms.

Two little issues so far the left side exhaust started to melt my fender.. Easy fix.

The D-ring for the seat started to twist the fabric. So I took off the seat took the plastic washer on the bottom side and put it on the top side and added 2 additional rubber washers. So it goes D-ring into the plastic washer, rubber washer, through the seat and through another rubber washer into its hole. Gas tank is just at 2 gallons. Head light is a bit dim for night riding but does its job if you get stuck out after your bedtimes. Gauges react alittle slow a temp meter or display would be nice...Apirila should have used one similar to the Mille. I love the tool kit that came with the bike.
For those of you who got their bikes already:D Whose gonna bring it with them?

Overall its well worth the wait!!! Cant wait to ride some more tomorrow.

Tdawg
08-19-2006, 12:41 PM

Did you have any troubles getting the state to plate it?

Dcups
08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Did you have any troubles getting the state to plate it?

Well I have a temp tag on the bike well see in a month. But I dont fore see a problem. The MSO(title) is clear of any "Offroad only" statements.

Ergo
08-19-2006, 01:47 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Great to hear...your post got me laughing! :burnout:

MotoStrada
08-19-2006, 02:22 PM
If any one would like to see the unit the way it comes out of the box we have a Pic on our web site. http://tinyurl.com/gc4f4

Light Kits
Come already on the bike! A great deal of Unrestricting is required. Most dealers will have there Cables to hook up with SXV/RXV now. We got ours the other day. Shipped Next day from Aprilia. There not wasting any time getting the job done! Factory tools came last week. Thumbs up to a fine job.

The Bike is great to drive stock but Derestricted should be a fire cracker!
More units are due to arrive in the USA shortly. So if your waiting should be in soon. The Bike is worth it! Sorry to hear so many people couldn't wait and bought KTM's. Won't be long until your all selling them. Nows a good time. If your reading this post.

Titling Maryland-No problem
We just got our title for our unit. We will have no problem registering in our state. Some states with State inspections may have a little more challenge but I doubt many will. The LED turn signals and tail lights ROCK. A Body kit will be available for off road use coming with a different headlight. I believe that is how I understood it.

ENJOY! THE road now has a new meaning.

Mark Jurus
Moto Strada
9918C York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
410-666-8377
http://www.MotoStrada.com

Tuesday 10am-8pm Wednesday-Friday 10am-6pm Saturday 10am-5pm Closed Sunday & Monday

Sales . Service . Restoration . Powersport Apparel
Aprilia * Bajaj * Brister's * Genuine * Kymco * UM * Vintage Vespa *
Motorscooters . Motorcycles . ATVs . UTVs . Dirt bikes .
Arai * Fox * HJC * Sidi * Vanson

Professional Grade Agricultural/ Landscape Equipment
Solo * Swisher * Tanaka

Old School since 1995 / Top 100 Dealer 2003

duc slayer
08-19-2006, 08:03 PM
dcups don't be playing with our emotions like that :cheers:

waxxer
08-19-2006, 09:09 PM
GOT IT---Finally!:banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Super Dave
08-19-2006, 09:13 PM
GOT IT---Finally!:banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm Jealous - Do you like it ?

waxxer
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Fit and finish is is very good. I have not had a chance to ride it except for a a few city miles. It revs like a formula 1 car. There is absolutely no hesitation off of idle. It snaps too so fast that is appears to have very little flywheel.

It does not rev like a single at all. It is nothing close to a thumper in power delivery. It is smooth but sort of brutal at the same time. Rolling on the gas with no pull on the bars and the front wheel is off the ground.

It is really smooth up to 7K. (No more during break in.) I need to get used to the foot pegs being more in front. I spent a lot of time on the Tuono lately and I have somewhat lost sense of the moto ergos.

I can't wait to really pull the trigger.

:burnout: :burnout:

TCRacer
08-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Waxxer, how does yours run??? I was the one there picking up mine as well...Mine does not run at all. Stumbles, dies, bucks, partial throttle is non existant. I am VERY unhappy with the buying "experience" as a whole at the dealer. Did you get yours de-restricted? I had them take it all off, throttle stop, air box restrictor, and exhaust cones.

I thought I was finally going to get to play tomorrrow:WTF: :bond: :bangwall:

-tony

waxxer
08-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Damn Tony! That sucks! They did something wrong. Mine came from the Santa Cruz location. It appears to be running without any issues. It starts easy, no back firing or stalling.

In fact, I just did another couple of miles a few minutes ago and it was fine.

:WTF: :WTF:

waxxer
08-20-2006, 12:18 AM
I would guess that they do not have the TPS right. (Throttle Positioning System)

Yes mine is fully de-corked. I have the parts in a box. Ride herd on this dealer until you are satisfied. Be polite but cut them no slack. You bought a hell of a motorcycle (basically a Ferarri) and you should get all the performance at the time of delivery--not a fucking dime less!!

Tomorrow is the real test for me.

:WTF: :WTF:

TCRacer
08-20-2006, 10:22 AM
I am thinking it is the TPS as well that was not set correctly. I will be riding the dealer very hard at this point. Greg left in the middle of the deal last night without telling Maya or Julio, or me that he was leaving. Jason and I will be having a long conversation on Tuesday when they finally open again.

-tony

Dcups
08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
I have the same issues..... :bangwall It takes anywhere from 6-7 starts when cold. I'm bring it back in on Tuesday. Hopefully its just the TPS needs to be reset.

Jony2Stones
08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm busy planning my friday-am wheelie session....:)

akjohn
08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Saw a 450 and 550 at my dealer.Price is $8797 for the 450 and $300 more for the 550. Very cool bikes. Must be a hoot to ride.

TIFOSO
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM
GP Motorcycles in San Diego just got 2 SXV's and 2 MXV's !!:worship:
A 4.5 SXV, 5.5 SXV and 2- 4.5 MXV's.

Oh god! they are so sweet! I even thought of trading in my milleR for one. I asked one of the guys at the counter how they sound and he said "I wish I knew, haven't started them yet. We're waiting to derestrict them first." :burnout:

CalPolyMille
08-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Took the mille for a ride yesterday and found a nice mountain road. Narrow, very tight, and paved but with dirt all over the place. Had to turn back, but I was just thinking if I was only on a SXV. Maybe next year, to bad I wont be in California anymore.

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
we got in another SXV 450 yesterday. Its brand new and available. We also have a demo SXV450 here to try.

Ed

duke999s999
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I heard the SXVs coming into Canada are gonna be the 07 models and that they come derestricted has anyone else heard this?

nofx6639
08-24-2006, 03:42 AM
So far it seems that from Aus to Ireland to here in Hawaii all the Rxv's and Sxv's have been neutered. I'm sure that Canada will be the same. The big question is if your local mechanic can get the bikes to where they need to be?
I'm still waiting for my new Axone system, hopefully it's fast.

Jony2Stones
08-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Ok got mine....!!!

This thing rocks :worship:

One stupid question though.....the thread inserts on the swingarm---just infront of the chain adjusters-----this is for swingarm bobbins right???

I'm pretty sure they are----but before I go putting them in and jacking the bike up by them.....I thought I'd ask....

waxxer
08-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Ok got mine....!!!

This thing rocks :worship:

One stupid question though.....the thread inserts on the swingarm---just infront of the chain adjusters-----this is for swingarm bobbins right???

I'm pretty sure they are----but before I go putting them in and jacking the bike up by them.....I thought I'd ask....

Bobbins on mine go through the axle. I wondered about those threaded holes too. I believe they are for the for the spools used on track stands so you can still lift the bike and mess with the wheel/axel.

Jony2Stones
08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Bobbins on mine go through the axle. I wondered about those threaded holes too. I believe they are for the for the spools used on track stands so you can still lift the bike and mess with the wheel/axel.

Yeah----that's what I thought...I've got a couple of 6mm bobbins in my hand....I'll try 'em tonight.