PDA

View Full Version : Custom Led Mod

skila
06-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Hiya peeps.
Here's my go at custom blue led settup on my bike.Hope you like
(things you need)
12v led's (60p eatch) or 4.99 for 4 with wires.
12v battery (5.00)
2 PC fan controle units.(ask for free in pc shops)
wire(up to you)
plastick sheet. (i used old easter egg box's)
Foil (1.99)
Glue (99p)
Fuse (30p)
switch ( 1.30)
shrink rap black tube.(model shops)(1.99)
Total cost for me was about 3.00 as i had most of the stuff already. :worship:

Remove seat and replicate what i have done.LEDs to fuse switch battery.Make shore the pc fan control units are turned up or the leds will be bim.You only need to cut 1 hole(for switch) so don't be scared to give it a go.Or find a new home for the switch...maybe up front on dash ? :p
To wire the switch ask for some help as it may need a resistor if it has leds in it.It will blow the led in the switch if you wire it up with out 1.(if confused don't get a switch with a led in.)and some switches are different.But that not hard.Try and keep the wires hidden in the loom or the frame at al times and dont let the wires go over the seat frame as the seat will cut them.
Use some glue and foil and install into frame>then shape with paper and cut a plastic garde glue place over the area to keep LEDS in good shape.
Make shore all bare wires are sorted.I used solder then shrink rap black tube(i had to use green)grr.
I think any extra light on a motorbike is against the law in the UK so make shore you only fire these Boooty's up when your not on it.Me i love to switch them on at night just b4 i go to bed for 3 seconds.Then I'll dream of blue angels all night hehe
ps more then 4 leds to 1 fan unit will dim the led's.i didnt make a board because i don't really know a lot about looms and currents and stuff so i had to adapt and over come.hehe.maybe some 1 can tell me how to rig for recharge of bike and the loom for loads of led's with 12v.
good luck and have fun.
PpS sorry for the spelling mistakes i do suffer from spot of dislexea.
:spam: :bond:

speedy3000
06-24-2006, 06:37 AM
chavtastic!!!

priller
06-24-2006, 06:43 AM
chavtastic!!!

:plus: .....

arfeds
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
um dude why?

dowzerr
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Is it Xmas already?

stormsilent22
06-24-2006, 02:49 PM
well done dude some people might find your information useful dont know why every one is so fast to chuck abuse around if the guy likes them then that is cool

arfeds
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
show me some pics of it in the dark and i mgiht change my mind but come on

Speedfreak UK
06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
God all that wiring looks a mess

If your happy with it...

rider4life
06-24-2006, 05:14 PM
are all the guys in fast and furious with there neons chavs 2.

priller
06-24-2006, 05:19 PM
are all the guys in fast and furious with there neons chavs 2.
Yep.......

Trix-8
06-24-2006, 05:31 PM
I dont think L.E.D'S on a bike are Chavy if you do them right and hidden well a good job basically but if theres a neon stick from halfords duck taped and cable tied under the fairing or subframe then thats chavy and cars where u see the row off neons if the cars on a hill that looks shit, i think on a bike or better on a streetfighter they look alright but cars and cheap ducktape jobs nah.

rider4life
06-24-2006, 05:32 PM
wicked i surpose vin diesels gonna get out of hiz rx7 with his burbury t shirt and cap on with his gold plated chain round his neck. :plus:
i didnt know chavs rolled cars like that

ady01
06-24-2006, 05:35 PM
dont normaly like that short of thing but they look tidy enuf.....from the out side that is, mite wana sort the wireing tho.

RiejuR51
06-24-2006, 05:36 PM
wicked i surpose vin diesels gonna get out of hiz rx7 with his burbury t shirt and cap on with his gold plated chain round his neck. :plus:
i didnt know chavs rolled cars like that
innit bruv, he crooozes in that blazin car that as dat wanker engine innit! its wicked coz its got a wanker engine!

samRS
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
whoever invented the wankel engine name should be given a medal, i love saying that at college :happy:

wankel wankel wankel

RiejuR51
06-24-2006, 05:38 PM
whoever invented the wankel engine name should be given a medal, i love saying that at college :happy:

wankel wankel wankel
whatever pleases such simple minds lol

Trix-8
06-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah and some tips if you want to tidy up the wiring cut the wires to lengh as long as your happy as where they are, then run the wires together, then get a roll of black electrical tape and tape up the wires together so there not all over the shop follow the u bit on the oil tank i did this with my alarm set up, heres some pics oh and run it straight off the bike battery with the switch then there be no need for 2 batterys as long as u've fused them properly u shouldnt have a problem.

rider4life
06-24-2006, 06:08 PM
innit bruv, he crooozes in that blazin car that as dat wanker engine innit! its wicked coz its got a wanker engine!
enough said

skila
06-25-2006, 04:52 AM
All the wires to and from the leds are not seen by the eye at any angle.
Under the seat is a mess i know but i havent finisht moding the leds yet im going to put 4 more in 2 for dash area and 2 for air intake dukts.When thay are in place i will trim and store all wires under the back pin seat.and yes wrap all wires in clack tape and tape them to the loom so its all 1 loom again.
And no thay dont look cheep thay look like the whole back has a nice blue glow emanating from within! Not like these cheep as neon strips lol.
I know a man who has a sweeeeeeet bike(forget name) crome bling bling bling and he got 2 3.3V LED trips of the frunt of a bike mag.HE said(i wish to have angel wings pertruding from the sides.)lol i said its guna look a mess.and it did.why do thay put cheep as shit on mag's>draw the eye to what your not going to get.?<I dont think there is any thing wrong with blingbling as long as its bling and not mrsing.(look cheep).
just had my seats recoverd by a pro sports car man.back silver and main black.going for swade but carnt find a nice black swade in my area.getting of net soon.
:spam: :bond: :p

Trix-8
06-25-2006, 12:07 PM
just had my seats recoverd by a pro sports car man.back silver and main black.going for swade but carnt find a nice black swade in my area.

I dont want to sound rude but with the swade seat what about the rain?

I think the L.E.D'S look alright on your bike i like them especially on the chrome swingarm i'll have to take a pic of mine, i dont think its chavy as long as you dont go over the top, i think the swingarms enough for me.

skila
06-25-2006, 02:01 PM
ye waterproof is a problem but my m8 said the back can be prept to stop watter.but the top will be a problem.Tbh if its wet my ass gets wet any way so why not.to create and change what is.is what humans do best.let slip the dogs of spam.