PDA

View Full Version : Brno or Sepang. Advice wanted

Tdawg
06-16-2006, 12:49 PM
So here goes. I'm trying to vist a friend in Hong Kong this year and thought about catching a GP during the trip. (sold my Laguna tickets:( )

I'm looking for advice on Brno & Sepang. Currency rates (bang for the buck), american friendly, better track to spectate etc.

Gptours has sold out the Czech GP. Any other options?

Gptours won't be doing a Sepang tour. Any recommended packages?

I know Sepang is closer by distance. I'm poor bloke tryin to get a GP fix while out and about. Should I try to make my own pakage.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Befbever
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
american friendly
What do you mean by that?

Check the various track websites. Usually you can order tickets there.

rsredline
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
somewhere he`s not going to get blown to pieces.....

check out www.xe.com for the currencies

Brno is an amazing track, built into a mountain so the views, surrounding area are great. Good for camera shots, some points you can get close (enough) to the track.
Ive been to a couple of GP`s and never went with gptours or any package holiday crowd. Flights, Hotels easy over the net, its the tickets, log onto the brno track website (automotodrombrno.cz I think) and see if they are still selling online, when I went they had stopped so I took my chances and went over with none-No probs on the day.
There are a million of buses to and from the track, ask in the hotel for the numbers getting to the track isnt a problem but it does take about an hour.
When I went I stopped in Vienna first for a few days and got the train over to Brno, at first it looked a little run down-kinda Soviet looking or something, buts its a really nice place, Id love to go back, drink is good too they brew it better there so no nasty hangovers.
Let us know how you get on:)

Tdawg
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
:)

well, you know. That and english. I can swear in like 4-5 languages but I don't think that will help.

And thanks about the Brno info. I like the flow of that track (playing games). And I think the dollar will go farther there. The GP tours are kinda pricey.

Hopefully the flights will work together.

Befbever
06-16-2006, 03:10 PM

Not to worry. People don't wear guns here like they do in the USA. Although I've heard that Switserland..... ;)

If you're worried about terrorist attacks: well it can happen anywhere in the world. Always has, always will. But not on race tracks. No political value. ;)

My buddy just flew last-minute to Catalunya yesterday. 100 Euro by Ryan Air. He ordered the track tickets from the track website. Plane tickets online too.

Tdawg
06-16-2006, 05:31 PM
very cool that'd be a good GP.

Acutally I was more concerned with language, logistics, and currency exchange than terror. (that's every day at work LOL)

After being stuck for 4 hours in Laguna last year, I'd like to avoid it. Plus, I was looking for track to hotel inside info.