PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy, need some help

kx125
06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey guys, im new here just had some questions for you. I know that a street legal aprilla is going to be coming out soon and was just wondering, does any one make after market parts for them. And also to the people who already own them what do you think of them, thanks.

teej710
06-12-2006, 11:40 AM

Hi,

I've got a street legal sxv5.5 and in its standard street legal, as its delivered state (restricted for UK), I'll think you'll be disappointed. It maybe rideable, but its pretty unusable and any good 125 will blow you away. I've seen 73 mph on the clock and there's no real acceleration possible, due to the Throttle Position sensing.

Mines being de-restricted this weekend, now I've got a few miles on the clock, but you have to remember that there is no warranty in this state of tune !!

Also, If you live in a built up area with any form of congestion, lots of traffic lights, stop and go etc, then it gets very hot, very quickly !! You really need to be constantly moving forward at speed.

Hope these comments help.

kx125
06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, im not so sure i can believe that a 125 2 stroke will beat out a 450 v twin, but i don't own the bike so i can't say. However i do own a 125. I didn't know it came with all the restrictions. Im guessing in later models thses things will be changed. Im pretty sure that there not street legal in America but i guess i can wait till 2007. Right now im looking for a nice supermoto bike to ride around town and race with occasionally. Thanks for you help though.

duc slayer
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
the resrtictions are from the factory, your local dealer will easily be able to de-restrict it, but as he pointed out it will void the warranty, which dosen't bother me but I'm sure others will dis-agree

kx125
06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Yea, I had no idea about those. I would definatly get them removed. You have the bike im guessing, so I just wanted to know how is it. Ive heard there alot of fun almost like the ktm Duke. I was either thinking of waiting for enough money to get this, or buy a used exc 450 and make it street legal. Any thoughts?

teej710
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
hi kx125,

As well as the sxv5.5, i've also got a ktm450exc in full supermoto trim, which is fully road legal. The KTM is great fun, loads of go, with a good top end speed. Handling can get abit lively at high speeds on uneven roads, but around the twisty roads its the business, as several superbikes have found. Its a great bike and you can get them quite cheap.

I'll let you know how the sxv5.5 compares after the derestriction, but i'm expecting it to be awesome !!!

kx125
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Yea, that looks nice. Think i might just go with that. Only things i need to buy are supermoto rims and tires and besides that a horn and its legal. Thanks guys