PDA

View Full Version : Hero blobs

mylovelyhorse
05-24-2006, 02:18 AM
I need a pair of the longer hero blobs that come with the centre stand kit. I've looked on the parts .pdf and can't see them anywhere. Anyone happen to know the parts number?

I tried ordering by explaining what I needed & ended up with a spair pair of the short ones :( so I want to order again giving the part number this time.

Captain Capo
05-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Er - why do you need them - I reckon they're dangerous. But anyway - if you're deperate you can have mine, always assuming I can find them. They come heroically pre worn!

One option would be to use a stainless steel hex head bolt maybe with a nut to hold it down or thread lock it. I've put a very short one in that's flush with the foot peg.

If you get stiffer springs nothing will hit the deck (unless you've fallen off..!)

CC

Nordboy
05-24-2006, 03:36 AM
I never fitted them either. Have never seen any reason to do so since. I'm 99% sure i have mine if you want them ( but will have to check).

Send me a pm if you want them.

Tokidoki
05-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Just to clear the part number mystery - apparently since the centre stand is an accessory, it comes as one part number. You can't order the bits seperately. I suppose this means if you wear out the hero feelers, you've worn out the centre stand, mate.

Tokidoki

Rave
05-24-2006, 09:54 AM
If you don't want to touch the stand down wack the preload up to max. When I got my bike I was forever catching the long hero blobs...got to know the handling within a short time, wacked up the preload and don't have this problem any more. But I am only 11.5 stone and only ride with the a light load in the top box....also no pussy lines, so I am leaning it reet over. Handles better in my opinion and not hard as some people tend to think. Just got to do the fork mod now as front too soft. Will try 15w oil and the plastic pipe for preload mod before buying thew hagon stuff!

mylovelyhorse
05-24-2006, 10:29 AM
If you don't want to touch the stand down wack the preload up to max.
I don't like the way it handles when I do that.

monoi
05-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I was told the hero blobs come with the panniers ?!?!

If they come with the centre stand, I will see if I can get them and you can have them since I am waiting for a new stand to arrive, and my blobs are fine !

mylovelyhorse
05-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I was told the hero blobs come with the panniers ?!?!
Well I was supplied with a pair with my centrestand kit. I was in a crash later that year & both footpegs needed replacing (don't ask). the stupid repairers didn't keep the hero blobs.

[/QUOTE]If they come with the centre stand, I will see if I can get them and you can have them since I am waiting for a new stand to arrive[/QUOTE]
Thanks but I've already been kindly offered a pair.

and my blobs are fine !
But short enough to allow the centrestand to go down when being, er, 'spirited'. That bothers me slightly. Not much but a bit.

Rave
05-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't like the way it handles when I do that.
Play with the damping at the same time. What don't you like about it?

mylovelyhorse
05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Play with the damping at the same time. What don't you like about it?
Too solid. Suspension should, well, suspend, not wallop :)

mylovelyhorse
05-26-2006, 02:22 AM
I need a pair of the longer hero blobs that come with the centre stand kit
And now I have a pair because that kind chap Nordboy posted me a pair. What a top chap.

Thanks very much!

Nordboy
05-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Absolutely no problem at all. That's the benefit of a forum like this.:banana:

Captain Capo
05-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Too solid. Suspension should, well, suspend, not wallop :)

Solution - change the springs for some stiffer/rising rate ones - you be able to set the damping correctly

CC

mylovelyhorse
05-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Solution - change the springs for some stiffer/rising rate ones - you be able to set the damping correctly
Solution - leave rear shock as it is (front springs are already Touratech), save loads of money, be happy with suspension.

If I ever get thoroughly bored, I'll do the static sag & all that and try playing with the damping, but not today, methinks.