PDA

View Full Version : Arai Tour X motard

Paul A
05-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Has anyone else got one of these helmets? Well pleased with mine, but at motorway speeds the peak vibrates and makes a drumming sound.
If I touch it gently with a finger it stops, so I thought perhaps I could stick something underneath the peak to absorb or stop the vibration.

Any ideas, 'cos I'm off to the Pyrenees in a couple of weeks and I'll have a bastard of a head ache if I can't cure the vibration.

Paul.

yarrai
05-01-2006, 08:49 AM
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132712

here's a tip. scroll down to post #15

Eyeball_Paul
05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I changed my Arai to an AGV for this very reason - I only use it for short runs now.

ian-parkes
05-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I have 2 mates with them , cos they look so cool I guess. They both ride KTM 950 . One just doesn't use the peak , my other more fussy mate got his for our Scottish tour last year and I tried everything to help him in my workshop , from gluing stiffening strips to the peak etc . He ended up riding the 950 without a screen for the whole trip and now never uses his tour X.
We are the same lid size and we swapped lids for a while to see if it was just the KTM that was the problem , I have to say i couldn't live with it on the capo , and I often wear my Mx lid a goggles in the summer .

yarrai
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
actually, i have no problems with peak shaking itself. it is the whole helmet that vibrates a lot (caused by peak). with stock 05 screen it was impossible to ride at all. with screen cut short it's doable up to 90mph but not for a long time. i believe, it isn't a purpose of this helmet. i have other complains about xd but don't want to hijack another thread.